Sign in to follow this  
Former User

PS4 Pro problems and some general questions

3 minutes ago, bostonjohnny1226 said:

Im playing on pc in Columbia. After the patch, gas is $6.45 a gallon! Thats on the 1/1 ratio. Guess i better start growing and selling hemp.

But is the fuel consumption better?

Just now, UmbraMalum said:

Or is it just for PC ?

I believe PC; console is 2/3 weeks.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, FarmerJimbob said:

PS4 Pro. You can't really compare it to PC, the PS4 has no chance. My perspective is that the graphics are easily comparable to other simulator games on console. Close up they are really good. The cost of that is a limited draw distance so yes things afar look blurry and can be quite bad but its just the same in FS17 and despite what Giants said the increase in draw distance with the PS4 Pro is zero.

4k res for a simulator game on console is a pipe dream.

Hello,

You can't compare PS4 Pro with PC, but trust me, PS4 Pro can handle more.

11 minutes ago, labrana said:

Hello,

You can't compare PS4 Pro with PC, but trust me, PS4 Pro can handle more.

I have PS4 Pro and while it can handle more I really wasn't blown away by the difference it made to FS17, to be honest I didn't notice any real difference. Apparently Pure Farming offers more on the Pro than standard PS4 but I haven't played it on standard so can't comment on that.

10 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I have PS4 Pro and while it can handle more I really wasn't blown away by the difference it made to FS17, to be honest I didn't notice any real difference. Apparently Pure Farming offers more on the Pro than standard PS4 but I haven't played it on standard so can't comment on that.

I have the PS4 standard and haven't played it on PSPro. But I didn't notice any real difference too

15 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I agree 100%. I passed on the PS4 Pro simply because i know PS5 is a lock on releasing Dec. 2020. I play on LG OLED 4K TV so i don't see any real differences that would make me buy the Pro.The game looks realy good on OLED TV by itself. The Pro was just a go between anyways until the 5 gets here, according to Sony. And the 5 will be able to play PS4 games and have 4k blue ray player.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Pro is worthwhile, but only for games that are programmed to really take advantage of it. For instance, Uncharted in 4K is amazing. I was in a position I needed a new controller and a bigger hard drive for my PS4 so with that in mind, the trade-in value of the old console, and the 2 games I got with it in a bundle, the upgrade effectively only cost me £20-30. No brainer.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:32 PM, FarmerJimbob said:

Why is my game always guaranteed to crash right after I’ve completed the mind-numbing job of filling the manure spreader? :angry:

Lucky, my game crashed right after i finished manually plowing the large field (31) beyond the granary.... 2 hours of my life i will never be getting back <_<

Edited by UmbraMalum

1 hour ago, UmbraMalum said:

Lucky, my game crashed right after i finished manually plowing the large field (31) beyond the granary.... 2 hours of my life i will never be getting back <_<

Nightmare! I have lost a fair bit of time in the game but not that long on a single task. Did you get the 30 min working achievement for that? I'm curious as to what the game defines as working for 30 mins non stop.

52 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

Nightmare! I have lost a fair bit of time in the game but not that long on a single task. Did you get the 30 min working achievement for that? I'm curious as to what the game defines as working for 30 mins non stop.

me too. As far as I know there is no vehicle that can work 30 min without a refuel. And driving to the service station while working is just to slow. 

3 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

not that i know off, but i will surtainly check to see as soon as i get home tonight.

19 minutes ago, UmbraMalum said:

not that i know off, but i will surtainly check to see as soon as i get home tonight.

I think maybe you have to keep a tool working continuously for 30 mins so working a field normally and lifting the tool at the end of each pass won’t count but working a large field (abnormally) in a continuous circlular pattern does. Best equip with a fuel efficient tractor with a large tank! Although I think you can get away with running it dry and refilling from the menu.

45 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I think maybe you have to keep a tool working continuously for 30 mins so working a field normally and lifting the tool at the end of each pass won’t count but working a large field (abnormally) in a continuous circlular pattern does. Best equip with a fuel efficient tractor with a large tank! Although I think you can get away with running it dry and refilling from the menu.

Tried that. If you let it run dry it stops and the buy fuel app pops up.

I tried in Japan with the rice harvester, had the 3 fields with rice, when fuel was low I went to the gas station and refueled, only problem I didn't have enough loading wagons so that was a fiasco. I try this again after the patch.

DZEExKFW4AEN_0U.jpg

11 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

Tried that. If you let it run dry it stops and the buy fuel app pops up.

What I read suggested that wasn't a problem so long as you were quick on the button to refuel. I don't think using a harvester can work since you have to stop it working when the hopper fills up. I think plows or cultivators are the way to go.

i did not get the achievement either... no clue why not i was bussy for 2 hour en refuel from the menu as standard.

Maybe plowing is not seen as working ? and does it have to move to be considered working ?

I will try leaving my planter working whilst standing stil for 30 minuten and see what happens.

2 hours ago, UmbraMalum said:

I will try leaving my planter working whilst standing stil for 30 minuten and see what happens.

Tried that, nothing!

I think you can do it with the Gomselmash Palesse CS-200 in the montana map. As the grass regrows daily, speed up time and mow like your life depends on it. Sadly I can't try it, because on PS4 the montana map crashes... 

For hay, grass wrapped, silage bales just walk up to hay bales and silage after 3-4 days being wrapped and you can sell hay for 100 each and 100 each for grass wrapped bales before it becomes silage or 200 each for silage and for, grass wrapped and sillage they might need to be on a trailer to be sold!

For hay you can just sell them while in the fields if you won't want to collect them!

19 hours ago, cd_BE said:

But by plows and/or cultivators you don't get the option to "work". Something to find out :)

The final biggest cultivator has a work option but I haven't tried this work for 30min yet.  And would it matter if you use cruise control or not?

The cultivator shown at 13m49s my save is just buggy or something

Edited by gtasthehunter