Sign in to follow this  
Former User

PS4 Pro problems and some general questions

I see a lot off people complaining about the games features compared to FS17 with mods and this is just not fair, aside from the lack of 4k graphics I thinks it is way better than FS17 vanilla was upon release.

Having said that there are a lot of bugs in the final version upon release, I shudder to think what Pure Farming 2017 might have been like had they released it when they first intended :rolleyes:

Some of the issues I have found so far

• Random crashes to the PS4 Pro main menu.
  • My PSVR control unit starts running its cooling fan at 100% as soon as the game starts.
  • The potato harvester will not offload into any kipper and it therefore useless.
  • Workers are all over the place like drunken sailors when harvesting or planting potatoes.
  • The tractors run out of fuel way to quickly and there is no fuel bowser in the game to compensate.
  • The extra German map seems to have only 1 field and is therefore also useless for serious arable farming.

My questions:

1. I can sell my crops using the tablet at a 20% loss I get that much, but where can I find an overview of local buyers and the prices they offer if I bring them the crops ?
  2. Do I only needs to feed grass to my cows or do I actually have to mix hay and forage together in the mixing wagon ?
  3. Can I sell my hay bales somewhere ? I have not found any place that accepts them yet.

Edited by UmbraMalum

Potato harvester is a bit finicky with unloading but I have managed to unload it into the starting DB8 trailer. I did have an issue of getting it to unfold to work again after though, had to save, quit and reload to fix.

Has anyone managed to purchase potato storage 1 (nearest one to the main Montana farm)? I get no option pop up to purchase like with other sheds and I can’t tip into it. I have tried a couple of other stores and sheds on the map and they give the option as you drive up to them.

You have to stop working and fold the harvester to be able to offload. I also found I couldn't start working again until I had completely offloaded all potatoes so had to empty the full tipper at the sell point, come back and unload the remainder from the harvester hopper and then start working again. What with the various issues and a full day of rain I was only able to harvest about 30% of the field before it spoiled. 

Are you in free farm or first farm mode? I'm in first farm and wondering if thats the problem with the potato storage - it may be scripted in the story when I can buy it?? I took a break from following the story when I got to the 'go to Italy' mission in order to earn some extra money. If so I'll possibly run into some problems with the story missions as I've sold all the potato gear and the potatoes now!

Actually thats another weird thing - I couldn't sell the planter while it had potato seed in it. Had to drive around a while getting rid of all the seed.

58 minutes ago, UmbraMalum said:

I tried it in free farm mode, in story modem i gues you already own it to begin with.

Nope, don't own it (map icon is white and it shows the price when u click on it) and can't buy it or tip into it so thats why I'm thinking its a bug or its a later part of the story. The mode might be thinking I'd go to Italy do some stuff there and then be back in time to harvest and store the potatoes as it hasn't had me do anything with them since planting. Only one way to find out . . .

Edited by FarmerJimbob

You miss something from that list 

The graphics in this game look like trash 

that  putting it nice..

crop type is a real bad joke only 3 to pick

No corn        No  Grass seeds

No  canola   

Vehicles  do not have workin 

Horn 

Beacons 

Indicators 

Turn the engine on and off and keeping it running 

there is NO in game Market to sell or  demand stuff 

I think maybe you got a duff copy as the graphics on mine look great. Occasionally certain things can look a bit angular at a distance like the basic harvester but other than that it easily compares with and surpasses in a lot of areas other similar games. I've just started in Italy and it looks fantastic.

Only 3 grain types currently yes but what about all the other things you can do in Montana and the crops you can grow in other countries? Not sure how you can find fault with this aspect as this was well known before the game came out.

If things like working horns, indicators and beacons (they do work btw) are deal-breakers for you then perhaps you should seek a refund as the game clearly does not match your expectations and move on?

PS4 Pro. You can't really compare it to PC, the PS4 has no chance. My perspective is that the graphics are easily comparable to other simulator games on console. Close up they are really good. The cost of that is a limited draw distance so yes things afar look blurry and can be quite bad but its just the same in FS17 and despite what Giants said the increase in draw distance with the PS4 Pro is zero.

4k res for a simulator game on console is a pipe dream.

Well i agree with you on that you cant compare pc to ps4 but...why the hell we got that fog and pc dont? I just dont get that.

I dont agree with the second thing u said about draw distance on fs17. If u change your settings to full hd and then change the options in there u will get larger draw distance. Not much but it does change.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, UmbraMalum said:

• The tractors run out of fuel way to quickly and there is no fuel bowser in the game to compensate.

I concur with this - the fuel consumption of tractors is beyond extreme - having to fill up twice while working on a SMALL field is ridiculous. It drained 4 gallons to go from Gas Station 2 to Field #1, seriously?!  I can almost see the gas station from that field!

Also, the cistern sprinkler nozzles are kind of a joke. Wouldn't there be a better nozzle or something on them so that they irrigated more than the width of the tank? I would have thought you could find something similar to the orchard sprayer, but for water on your crops.  Or a sprinkler placeable? I saw one in an orchard, is that an option later on maybe?  I'm still only working on the tutorial, so I have no idea what would be available in the free-farm mode.  Maybe I'm just not seeing any other options in the store, but right now, irrigation is quite tedious. Is there a way to see the weather forecast on your tablet other than the current temperature so you can see when it will rain next? Hopefully tweaks to these things are on the way.

Edit:  And sure enough, when I finally finished irrigating, it started raining - no lie *sigh* - talk about being spot on to real life! :D

Edited by moosedawg
added info

24 minutes ago, moosedawg said:

I concur with this - the fuel consumption of tractors is beyond extreme - having to fill up twice while working on a SMALL field is ridiculous. It drained 4 gallons to go from Gas Station 2 to Field #1, seriously?!  I can almost see the gas station from that field!

Also, the cistern sprinkler nozzles are kind of a joke. Wouldn't there be a better nozzle or something on them so that they irrigated more than the width of the tank? I would have thought you could find something similar to the orchard sprayer, but for water on your crops.  Or a sprinkler placeable? I saw one in an orchard, is that an option later on maybe?  I'm still only working on the tutorial, so I have no idea what would be available in the free-farm mode.  Maybe I'm just not seeing any other options in the store, but right now, irrigation is quite tedious. Is there a way to see the weather forecast on your tablet other than the current temperature so you can see when it will rain next? Hopefully tweaks to these things are on the way.

I love the description aswell on the shop "Allthough it only holds 120l the zetor wil supprise you with its low fuel usage" or something like that :D:P

Have you also noticed that there is a field harverster with corn attachment in the game but you cannot sow any corn, no grass seed either.

Yet when you wich to have cows you do somehow have to get Silage and Gras in order too feed them from a mixertrailer.

What where they thinking ?? seriously the game seems to be only half finished at this point <_<

Agreed, fuel usage is currently extreme although there is an achievement for running a vehicle dry! A fuel point on the farm is definitely required. 

I may be wrong about this but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the speed at which time passes by default in the game - the developers have gone to the trouble of stating fuel consumption in the shop menu for vehicles, would they do this unless they had actually implemented it for the machines? My guess would be they have modelled it but the code uses in-game time to calculate the working time rather than using real time and disregarding game speed as in FS17. So if you work a tractor non-stop for 2-3 minutes real time and an hour passes in game the tractor uses an hour's consumption of fuel maybe? 

All orchards and vineyards have sprinkler systems - you have to fill the water tanks to enable them but I don't see that working for fields. I have the larger water tanker now but I've not used it for irrigation to see if it has a bigger working width. The only time I have irrigated a field so far though was the tutorial, I've had a lot of rain! There should be a weather forecast implemented in the tablet, I agree.

edit: UmbraMalum - the forage harvester is used in Columbia for hemp.

Edited by FarmerJimbob
Additional information

30 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I may be wrong about this but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the speed at which time passes by default in the game - the developers have gone to the trouble of stating fuel consumption in the shop menu for vehicles, would they do this unless they had actually implemented it for the machines? My guess would be they have modelled it but the code uses in-game time to calculate the working time rather than using real time and disregarding game speed as in FS17. So if you work a tractor non-stop for 2-3 minutes real time and an hour passes in game the tractor uses an hour's consumption of fuel maybe? 

That's a good point, I think you have something there.  That sounds very plausible.  While gas station #2 was very close to the field I was working, it took 30 minutes to drive there each way with the current game speed and spent 4 gallons, which falls in line with your theory, as well as when I had to fill up twice while working the small field, it took 12 in-game hours to sow said field, yet only maybe 15-20 minutes in real time.

Edited by moosedawg
added info

4 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I only had time to perform a very quick test which was driving around a bit at full throttle and the consumption didn't seem high enough. Will have to test it more properly working a field pulling a plow or something to get a better idea.

ho you should be the jimbo manager you know everything about this game jajajaa thanks so you still help a lot

No clue. None of my prices have changed since they hit their maximum in My First Farm mode either. I’ve not checked for sure but I seem to get the same price for product wherever I sell it. I thought exporting veg to Italy when I unlocked that would fetch a higher price but it didn’t seem any different.

1 hour ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, there's no difference in price based on where you sell it, apart from you get less if you sell via the tablet. Overall prices for each crop change over the course of the game, and can be checked in the Stock Market section of the tablet.

I thought as much but this is not clear in the game instructions or the manual on the tablet.

Maybe you should add a section about selling direct at the selling point.

1 hour ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, there's no difference in price based on where you sell it, apart from you get less if you sell via the tablet. Overall prices for each crop change over the course of the game, and can be checked in the Stock Market section of the tablet.

That might be something worth looking at for the future to make selling a bit more interesting. I thought the export prices might be different otherwise whats the point selling to contacts made overseas? 

The prices in my game are not changing over time at the global level even however. They rose for the first few days, peaked and then have remained the same (I'm now on about day 40 and the price for all grains is stable at $670).