moosedawg

First Person View, Please

Maybe there's a setting I'm not seeing, but first person view (while outside a vehicle) would be GREATLY appreciated.  I find the character movement to be rather janky and awkward, both with a keyboard+mouse and a controller. Also, when exiting a vehicle, the camera seems to always default inside the character's head (ewww), which makes it take a minute or so to get your bearings to figure out which way you're facing.  The movement of the character just doesn't seem fluid in relation to the controls. I feel it might be better if there were an option to go into first person, not only for fluidity of movement vs controls but also for better immersion.

Edit:  Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to zoom in/out when outside a vehicle either (character view) when walking around machinery near or in buildings is extremely frustrating as you get a limited view, being able to zoom out would make it so much easier to see what you're doing. And I feel the max zoom out while in a vehicle is not far enough. I would like to see an increase in the distance of this.  I'm not to that point yet, but unless it scaled to the vehicle, this will be a huge problem with larger machinery.  It would be ideal if zooming in/out with mouse scroll wheel would take  you all the way in to first person/cab view and vice versa.

Edited by moosedawg

I think they’ve taken the decision for the game to be third person only as a point of difference from the competition and since they’ve put time into character customisation I don’t see that changing. Agree with your points about the jerkiness and awkwardness of the movement though. And the in-vehicle does need greater zoom-out as you say.

On 14/3/2018 at 7:54 AM, FarmerJimbob said:

I think they’ve taken the decision for the game to be third person only as a point of difference from the competition and since they’ve put time into character customisation I don’t see that changing. Agree with your points about the jerkiness and awkwardness of the movement though. And the in-vehicle does need greater zoom-out as you say.

hey jimbob do not think it would be good if the character could take a few jumps do not say trapar only be able to jump the small fences ???? cres it would be good or I'm too crazy

Yes, I think the character should be able to jump - would help out a lot in saving time and getting around. Quite a few times I've found a sapphire the other side of a fence and had to backtrack a fair way to be able to pick it up. I like that you can pick them up while still in a vehicle though.

Jump could be good, but I am sure there would be a lot of invisible walls suddenly show up. Not really wanting first person, I like the feeling of scale and the customization we get in third person. I hate FS17s first person mode I feel like I am 3 foot tall and it just feels odd.

I don't think the game should be all in 1st person or all in 3rd person. I don't like FS17s 1st person mode either, but only because I can't go into 3rd when I want to get a better view of something. There should be an option to do both with a keybinding or scrolling all the way in with the mouse and scrolling back out to get back into 3rd.