I'm finding the ability to hire workers very hit and miss - sometimes I get the option whereas other times I can't get it to come up at all. Is there a set of rules that govern hiring of workers? At first I thought that I just wasn't able to get them to work because I was in the middle of a task driven by the My First Farm storyline, like if I had to cultivate or plant potatoes I couldn't set a worker to do a task on another field. But I'm currently at the point of switching to Italy (visit logistics centre) and I was able to set a worker fertilising field 3 but I cannot get another worker to plow field 1. I have the starting Zetor tractor and the plow at the field but no matter where I place it there is no hire worker option. The field has 40% fertilisation and is x% irrigated but other than that all status bars are at 0 after I harvested what was grown previously.

Im curious about this myself, im currently at the point of buying solar panels in campaign, and Im just trying to work some fields and make money before going any further and I have yet to see one prompt in the field on how to hire workers. (Already received the email in-game about Hired workers). I've driven to every edge and corner of the field hitting every combination of buttons while doing so and still see NO option to hire workers.

What with this and the time issue its very difficult to get enough work done on the farm on a day to day basis. Especially with all the diversity the game mode throws you into early in the game - greenhouses, missions, animals etc.

48 minutes ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, we're very aware of this and it's one of the top items to address for the next update. Thanks for feeding back.

Ok cool so I'm not just completely missing something about the game. Great to hear all the good work you guys are doing to fix the minor issues with the game and to see that you are openly listening to the users. I'm really enjoying Pure Farming so far...

I am playing in Free Farming and I've noticed that the issue will come up with harvesters most of the time. I started the harvest myself and completed half of the first pass. After that, the button prompt (Y) on Xbox showed up and the worker took over. It also happened once with a plow and I did the same thing.

12 hours ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, we're very aware of this and it's one of the top items to address for the next update. Thanks for feeding back.

Is there any sort of work around available? Or is it just random. Was loving the game till I've got this issue now, can't really continue untill it's fixed because it's only going to get worse with the more Fields we get. How come this is managed to get past QA testing by the way?

As somebody else noted this problem does appear to be more predictable than my first observation - field 3 is fine, it’s fields 1 and 4 where you cannot hire workers. I’m guessing it could be down to the fact you are given both these fields after you work them for the first time as part of the story. And that you have to complete all the fieldwork yourself to get the credit so maybe workers are just disabled on these fields because of that? 

I bought a new new field (2) to test this theory and using workers was no problem there so this issue does appear to be confined to the 2 gifted fields as far as I can tell.

9 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

As somebody else noted this problem does appear to be more predictable than my first observation - field 3 is fine, it’s fields 1 and 4 where you cannot hire workers. I’m guessing it could be down to the fact you are given both these fields after you work them for the first time as part of the story. And that you have to complete all the fieldwork yourself to get the credit so maybe workers are just disabled on these fields because of that? 

I bought a new new field (2) to test this theory and using workers was no problem there so this issue does appear to be confined to the 2 gifted fields as far as I can tell.

Sounds like you could well be correct here. While im not one to moan and gripe and i do understand bugs happen,but it really does make you question wether the game was tested at all. These bugs are very obvious and occur right at the start of the game. Surely whoever tested the game,particularly on ps4 would have ran into the same crashing/worker problems after just 30 mins of testing.

As it stands im sitting with a 40 quid game im unable to play due to the game being poorly tested,possibly not even tested at all.

I could well imagine the test scenario for workers not involving the 2 gifted fields, in the My First Farm mode, after you have done the basic missions on those fields. That’s a fairly convoluted scenario.

I’m not sure if the first farm mode allows you to carry on as if you were in free mode when it reaches its conclusion but would be interesting too see if the worker issue persists. 

20 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I could well imagine the test scenario for workers not involving the 2 gifted fields, in the My First Farm mode, after you have done the basic missions on those fields. That’s a fairly convoluted scenario.

I’m not sure if the first farm mode allows you to carry on as if you were in free mode when it reaches its conclusion but would be interesting too see if the worker issue persists. 

Some of the restrictions with workers are by design - for example, you can't hire a worker to do a job if the point of the mission is to do that job yourself. But unfortunately there are some bugs that will be fixed in the PC patch we're releasing shortly.

On 15. 3. 2018 at 9:52 AM, FarmerJimbob said:

I think that you incorrect. I try it in My first farm.

Field 3 - no problem, but after plow I cannot hire a worker - I have all about fields don.

I buy another field and the problem is the same - for first work - plow, no problem to hire somebody - but for another work it isn't possible

I buy another field because I think that I can only for plow hire a worker - but on this field I try for first field cultivation and without problem, than I want hire somebody for plow or for sow the field or something else and I cannot..

For this moment the game isn't make any sense for me - console PS4. Will be patch for this situation?

36 minutes ago, PetterCZ said:

For this moment the game isn't make any sense for me - console PS4. Will be patch for this situation?

Yes there is a patch, it will be out for consoles in 2-3 weeks. Some issues, like hiring workers, are often resolved by reloading the game or even doing another task and then coming back and trying again.

On 14/3/2018 at 4:19 PM, James Gallagher said:

Sadly console gamers have to wait 2-3 weeks... If you only send out review copies or beta copies to console gamers this could be prevented. Now there are a lot of frustrations. Or maybe it's just me :D

As of today's update, I have yet to see any options to hire a worker is story mode. If this is in fact a top item, why is it still not fixed. PLEASE FIND A FIX. I want to be able to hire a worker while I'm doing other things.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:50 PM, JAGUAR27KLT said:

As of today's update, I have yet to see any options to hire a worker is story mode. If this is in fact a top item, why is it still not fixed. PLEASE FIND A FIX. I want to be able to hire a worker while I'm doing other things.

If you started a new save! You can hire workers during the campaign but if you have a task asking you to do field work you can't use workers, and you should get an email saying when you can hire workers just before or during the task to work on the field 4, for the potato task.

If maybe you'll still on an older save might just be limited just field 3 or new fields you buy! Or just the same as above could work too.