Kisty

Help! Greenhouse Crops Quest

Hey guys, I'm stuck on the greenhouse crops quest where you need to buy solid fertilizer and transfer it to the greenhouse. I have been trying to do as the quest says to stop by the sacks and hit RB+X but I cannot purchase it. Anyone have any advice? Which tank should I do it at? I have tried 2 different spots so far.

Should be able to buy it from any spot where there’s a blue fertiliser tank (although you want the sacks stacked by the tank). The easiest one is right next to the starting shed on the main farm. You can transport the sacks with the pickup. Drive up to the sacks and you should get the option to load some fertiliser. The pickup can manage 9 sacks at a time (or maybe that’s a purchasing limitation).

The smallest trailer will carry the bags. It can take more than the pickup as well. You will have to buy it in my first farm mode, but it is included in free mode. It can also carry the fruit from the green houses to the market or storage and the eggs as well. Not sure about other trailers.

6 hours ago, XyonicS said:

The smallest trailer will carry the bags. It can take more than the pickup as well. You will have to buy it in my first farm mode, but it is included in free mode. It can also carry the fruit from the green houses to the market or storage and the eggs as well. Not sure about other trailers.

Interesting to know about the smallest trailer carrying fertiliser bags as I just doubled the size of my greenhouses and the trips with the pickup are getting a little tedious. I tried the bigger tippers for fertiliser and eggs and they don't seem to work but I didn't think to try the smallest one. Its a shame the pickup has no hitch to be able to tow some of the smaller trailers around.

On 13/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, Kisty said:

Does it only work if you drive by with the truck? I tried on foot and on the tractor because my pick up truck is stuck on a fence somewhere lol.

You need the drone to fix that. But I haven't found out how to unlock to drone in campaign mode... 

On 16/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, you do indeed need to use the pickup for fertilizer and eggs.

Yeah, but that's just plane stupid. 9 bags and you need 10 to fill a greenhouse. So that is 2 trips. With the bad fuel consumption and the time that flies by. It's not very profitable.

If the pick-up could attach some sort of trailer so you can transport more fertilizer bags it would be more realistic. This is surreal.

Drone unlocks in campaign after you reach a certain point. Can’t remember exactly when, might have been after coming back from Columbia.

Use the Wielton trailer as I noted above when you have multiple greenhouses to tend so you only have to make one trip or the smallest trailer will carry double what the pickup can.

2 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

Oh drone must have been a bit later then but it does unlock in Montana based on reaching a certain point of the campaign.

Ok, thanks (again :)). I'm currently figuring out the campaign quest "Biograss Factory"... Maybe you can offer a solution, yet again :P.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kisty said:

Does it only work if you drive by with the truck? I tried on foot and on the tractor because my pick up truck is stuck on a fence somewhere lol.

When stuck with vehicles on land or if want to move to the other side of the map you can teleport to owned sheds/field and for someone in water try to recovery from workshops, or if you have or when you can use the drone you can transfer machines to owned sheds if they aren't hooked up to anything! Can also use the drone to buy shed the teleport to them or use truck if not stuck to get to a shed/field to buy then teleport with slower vehicles!

Teleporting takes everything with you trailers,  animals, headers, crops in trailers, bags, tailer+header, trailer needs to be re-attached, front loaders stay on!

1 Pickup Truck (Best for normal greenhouses/eggs and ok with upgraded ones)
2 Small Blue Trailer (Best for upgrade greenhouses and needed for rice!)
3 The yellow 10-ton trailer also works (70 Bags) and if you send this truck, trailers over with bags left to other maps you can sell the fertilizer other things just becomes empty or maybe sold automatically but I doubt that.
*(Best for industrial greenhouses but used at normal greenhouses would be ok too if want fewer trips to refill trailer!)

I still want bigger water trailers! And the 3k gals just aren't enough! 6k wouldn't be enough for industrial greenhouses either!