Sign in to follow this  
Royal Palms Resort Guide

Rural Scene Concept Art

Here is a rural scene concept art shared by the Hellraid Facebook page on July 22. I think this is great. A great change from cliches and repetitions of dungeon after dungeon. I saw a Youtube video of the first presentation of Hellraid (almost a year ago), and it was mostly in an outdoor area. I know the concept art will not necessarily be identical to the actual game areas, but can we expect something like this rural area in the game? I think these outdoor areas are a breath of fresh air to more narrow corridors.

The windmill is a real nice touch. It's adds life to an area instead of the game just having landscape and enemies. Send my compliments to the artist please.

10468090_740061566055343_690376668276481

Honestly I was pondering if the concept art they showed yesterday was the same one theyve been portraying in the trailer or another area. I know it could be the lighting but something about it just seems really different. Could be just more of that area we havent seen but either way its amazing, and I look forward to exploring all the magnificent levels.

Honestly I was pondering if the concept art they showed yesterday was the same one theyve been portraying in the trailer or another area. I know it could be the lighting but something about it just seems really different. Could be just more of that area we havent seen but either way its amazing, and I look forward to exploring all the magnificent levels.

I'm happy to hear you guys like it. You can check out a few more on our production blog, and they just might help you with your pondering whether it's a new level or not :)

I'm happy to hear you guys like it. You can check out a few more on our production blog, and they just might help you with your pondering whether it's a new level or not :)

I have been watching this game since April 2013 when I first heard about it on GameInformer...and I have yet to lose the hype even once...this game...this development team....this studio...Techland...you....you are amazing.

Thanks for the link. For anyone interested, here are 3 other pieces of concept art included on the Hellraid blog. I hope that deteriorating building makes it in the game (and many more like it!).

10-gory1.jpg

6-kosciol-2.jpg

8-wioska.jpg

Edited by Royal Palms Resort Guide

I especially like the rural scene concept art because it reminds me of MediEvil's Scarecrow level

(Check this video if you don't know what I'm talking about)

It's great to see that there will be pretty different environments in the game.

It will also add a lot to the variety of the game (different atmosphere, new areas to explore, hopefully new enemies as well, etc).

Now I can't wait to see a new video showing those new environments ingame with the Chrome Engine 6! :-D

Edited by cryptoshadow

Hey Royal Palms Resort!

Thank you so much! I'm so happy you like my concept arts. :)

We love to share our work with You and it's great to know your opinion. We're giving our best day by day, so we will definitely show some more concept arts soon. ;)

Thank you for coming to the forum to speak with us. Your best really shows through in the creativity and skill of your art. In a way, the concept art captures the soul of the project. It allows the viewer to imagine many things while looking at the picture- like, what has happened here? where could I go here? who lived here?

Again, thank you. And I look forward to seeing more. I feel humble because I just wanted to share the concept art on the forum so everyone could see it, and now the artist has come. :wub:

EDIT: by the way, I hope the windmill and the old building make it in the game.  ;)

Wow. Just wow. :wub:  I guess dreams really do come true. That whole picture is amazing.Those bodies on the spikes is a nice touch. I hope they don't struggle and climb off to fight the hero. :o This game is amazing.

Now all I need is to find a scythe in this area, then i can trim the farm land while I clear out the monsters. ;)

EDIT: I'm doing my Windmill Dance now, and I have no idea what that looks like.