James Gallagher

First details on modding tools for Pure Farming 2018

Recommended Posts

That was about half chupacabra generic as could it could possibly get on information.  Game releases in how many days?   Sad example of communication going on with your organization.  Starting to think this game is about another year away from full development.  Oh well.  Good luck all.  Not for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigPoppyLSU said:

That was about half chupacabra generic as could it could possibly get on information.  Game releases in how many days?   Sad example of communication going on with your organization.  Starting to think this game is about another year away from full development.  Oh well.  Good luck all.  Not for me.

Yeah I find their method of communication with their community odd and lackluster. Questions only get answered in cookiecutter fashion and are all references to obscure information they've already released. All in all I feel they are very reluctant to commit to anything and that doesn't really help build confidence. Very strange considering they want to build this into a franchise, which generally thrive on strong, dedicated communities. Why should we put effort/time/money in this if we aren't getting the same back so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Enka said:

Yeah I find their method of communication with their community odd and lackluster. Questions only get answered in cookiecutter fashion and are all references to obscure information they've already released. All in all I feel they are very reluctant to commit to anything and that doesn't really help build confidence. Very strange considering they want to build this into a franchise, which generally thrive on strong, dedicated communities. Why should we put effort/time/money in this if we aren't getting the same back so far.

If there's anything specific you'd like to know that we haven't answered, feel free to ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, James Gallagher said:

If there's anything specific you'd like to know that we haven't answered, feel free to ask. 

Hi James,

 

-Do you have any, more definitive information of multiplayer for this game?

-How does it differentiate from it's biggest competitor, Farming Simulator (2017), besides the possibility of playing multiple farms in parallel and different vehicle brands?

-Is modding limited to vehicles?

-What features/expansions do you have planned for the future, besides features requested by the community?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I guess I will bite.   Your video gave us a generic use 3D software to make a mod for the game and then shows the mod in game.  Where is the video or information on your tool to import the mod into the game.  Is it fully integrated into the game or is it a separate package (i.e. Giants Editor) that will be used for that purpose.  Will mods be allowed on console version or PC only version?   Are mods limited to vehicles only or is mapping including?   Will scripting be allowed both console and PC? Etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc.  

As with all the information provided all generic and no depth right up to release.  How can we choose to make a decision on your product with superficial information?  Sure the 10 year olds will ask mommy to buy it so they can jump tractors off a hill but the farming simulator fans want depth of gameplay.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Enka said:

Hi James,

 

-Do you have any, more definitive information of multiplayer for this game?

-How does it differentiate from it's biggest competitor, Farming Simulator (2017), besides the possibility of playing multiple farms in parallel and different vehicle brands?

-Is modding limited to vehicles?

-What features/expansions do you have planned for the future, besides features requested by the community?

 

I think the most information he can give out is that they are going to work on adding multiplayer after launch. They can't give specifics because it is so early they can't possibly predict how long it will take and obviously if the game sells poorly they may never get the chance.

 

As far as differences from FS17, there are: more crops and more unique crops (and all the equipment that goes with them), more varied locations, better graphics, lighting, and sound design, story mode and challenges, better greenhouses, orchards, map that shows what part of the field you have already worked, better interface for switching between vehicles, livestock that goes through different life stages (i.e. they look like calves when you buy them), rabbits, chicken coops that are more interactive, selling livestock for meat, upgradable buildings, different physics for driving equipment, ability to ship your equipment to your other farms, option to sleep through the night, and a drone you can operate. That's just what I can remember at the moment.

They said that modding will start with just vehicles but they are taking input to decide what else they may add later.

They have said they are in the process of possibly getting more locations, crops, and equipment to add to the game among other things, and will release more specific information later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Enka said:

Hi James,

 

-Do you have any, more definitive information of multiplayer for this game?

-How does it differentiate from it's biggest competitor, Farming Simulator (2017), besides the possibility of playing multiple farms in parallel and different vehicle brands?

-Is modding limited to vehicles?

-What features/expansions do you have planned for the future, besides features requested by the community?

1. We plan to start work on multiplayer after launch. Right now we're focused on a good launch, and then we'll start working on MP. We won't really have any details to share until we've made some progress with that work.
2. We don't think it's our place to discuss other companies' games. We're just focused on bringing something fresh to the genre.
3. First stage of modding tools is machines. We felt that was the best thing to focus on as a starting point. We will be expanding the tools from there, and the direction will largely depend on what players ask us for.
4. It's a bit early to say. As with 1. right now our prime focus is on a good launch. There will be updates. We're looking at new locations, machines, farming activities, multiplayers and expanding modding tools, as mentioned before. But no firm details as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigPoppyLSU said:

Ok, I guess I will bite.   Your video gave us a generic use 3D software to make a mod for the game and then shows the mod in game.  Where is the video or information on your tool to import the mod into the game.  Is it fully integrated into the game or is it a separate package (i.e. Giants Editor) that will be used for that purpose.  Will mods be allowed on console version or PC only version?   Are mods limited to vehicles only or is mapping including?   Will scripting be allowed both console and PC? Etc, etc, etc etc, etc, etc, etc.  

As with all the information provided all generic and no depth right up to release.  How can we choose to make a decision on your product with superficial information?  Sure the 10 year olds will ask mommy to buy it so they can jump tractors off a hill but the farming simulator fans want depth of gameplay.

 

 

 

How it works is you'd need to create a 3D model using external 3D software. This is the part the requires some technical knowhow, but we also hope the community will be active in sharing these. You import them into the game as FBX files, and from there you can change parameters like power, speed, fuel consumption - all of this is done with sliders, so very easy to use, and this process is all entirely done within the game.

The modding tools are PC only for now. Our plan is to pick the best mods on PC and release them to console players as free dlc. Also, this is phase 1 of our mod tool plans. We'll be expanding them based on what players ask us for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 8:40 PM, Voodude said:

After installing the game I went right to work getting one of my favorite tractors into the game.  She's a little "large" at the moment but it's a work in-progress...

SS3.png

Please share!!! Very good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now