Sign in to follow this  
Heavyhitter

Techland you disappoint yet again

Happy three year anniversary, that's a joke right because the games been out three years and yet nothing has changed. Pvp is broken and frankly just plain stupid. The servers come from the stone age which means the severs are trash. I could go on and on about this game. I'm starting to think techland only cares about making money because the players have spoken but no response on techland's side. This game had so much potential and now it's slowly dying, that's why techland brings in game sales. The 10 in 12 updates are gonna be garbage and won't bring any big difference to the game. Does techland have no imagination. If the next update is as garbage as the stupid Harran fighters which all look like crane, I mean come on techland you guys just got lazy on that one. One more disappointing update and I'm braking my dying light disc.

This is by far the best Techland game ever made and as far as im concerned its their first actual AAA game.  Yea it has some issues but they are pretty rare, at least for me.  Ive been playing this game since launch with breaks for other games but ive always had it installed and always played it at least once a month.  Hell, this past couple weeks ive played a good 40 hours and the only issue ive had was the game crashing due to the overclock settings on my GTX 1080, if i push the core and memory past +200 in afterburner in this game it will crash at some random point but at +200 its perfectly stable.

All that aside the amount of growth and support this game has seen is amazing.  Not many developers would support a game for this long and when they did the enhanced edition they gave everyone warning about the increase in price of the season pass after a certain date and encouraged people to buy it before it got more expensive.  Thats a pretty stand up position for a developer to take.  They could have just bumped up the price and been done with it.

Now they are adding a awesome sounding battle royale style mode that i cant wait to play....frankly Techland has done an excellent job with this game.  Yes it has some issues but so does pretty much every other game and if you have issues with the multiplayer it could be a config issue on your end or the people you are connected to because ive only been disconnected from someone once in the uncountable number of times ive done coop or pvp.

Techland has gone from a C grade studio to AAA with a single game,  I didnt think it was possible but they did it.  Look at Milestone, they make tons and tons of horrible racing games.  They are truly truly terrible but since they own the license for alot of brands they are the only ones who can make official games so people buy their trash that NEVER gets better despite them releasing about 5 games a year every year for the last decade.

Long live Dying Light and hopefully one day we will see a Dying Light 2 that runs on Vulkan or a proper DX12 engine, none of that DX11 engine with some DX12 function calls chupacabra like we got in Tomb Raider or Hitman