James Gallagher

We want your feedback based on previews

Hey everyone,

By now you may have seen videos based on a preview version of the game we shared with a few YouTubers familiar with the farming genre. If you haven't seen those, take a look at the links at the bottom of this post.

We'd love to get your feedback based on what you've seen in those videos. Anything you liked or didn't like, or just think should be a little different - we want to hear it.

All of your feedback will be taken on board by the dev team so this is a chance to let us know what you think we should focus on. 

Of course, we'll also be listening to your feedback through launch and beyond.

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb_rBnV9Tjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xWg5LNMTV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7E_yEGqdro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtPAY1e4vU0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwF0QSkzm0&t=1020s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfjwQ1nqnRA&t=691s

I played the challenge "Sunny Harvest". The first two fields I have harvested to 95%, seen in the first video. In the second video I harvested the 3rd field so that it was still 8% remaining cultures and had to empty the threshing floor (to see from the minute 18:00). I came on the way to tractor shortly on the tablet and when I closed it again, the field was suddenly at 0% and plowed or rooted. It is easy to see that it jumped to 0% when I got into the tablet.

I could not complete the scenario then either. It would have to complete the scenario but at least with the minimum conditions, when I have the 4th field harvested to 80%, because I would have fulfilled the minimum conditions then, despite errors.

Here is the link to the second video of this szenario.

I already have a wish :)

I play with the PS4 controller on the PC and would like to have an option where I can change the display of the X-Box Controller to the display of the PS4. So it should be mine, for example. a triangle instead of Y will be displayed. I imagine that this should not be so difficult to implement.

Edited by Deejoo

I like pretty much everything I have seen so far, but I do have some suggestions:

- I would like to be able to temporarily disable HUD and on-screen messages so I can take screenshots of the game to use as a background on my PS4.

- This wasn't in any of the preview videos I have seen, but I read somewhere that rabbits only live for one in-game day. I wish it could be a little bit longer than that. Maybe 3 days.

- Lastly, if there is ever another crop added to the game (maybe as a paid DLC), I would really like to be able to grow bananas. According to a google search I did, they can be grown in Colombia. Actually, it would be cool just to have banana plants in the game even if you can't harvest them or anything.

Thank you for your consideration.

Even when playing noticed and to see in the new video for livestock. I would like to have some smoother transitions when, e.g. mow grass, fertilize the field or harvest wheat and lay straw.

In the livestock video you can see it well when the meadow is mowed or the field fertilized. These are so jerky movements. I would wish that something softer, fluently without stuttering.

Even when harvesting wheat always fall out at straw storage heaps. Here I would like, as in reality, a continuous straw storage track.

And another thing: sheep do not need water? In the sheepfold statistics only food is listed. But there are drinking vessels in the sheepfold.

Edited by Deejoo

We can't stress enough that allowing modders to be able to make mods for PF18 will either make or break this sim. There are great modders that will be able to take PF18 to a whole new level. Giants FS would have never made it this far without the modders. This needs to be on the top of you're list. If your looking for a one time big sale you will get that because people are looking for something different. But if your looking at long term sales you need the modders to keep it alive just like Giants FS did. As danplayer01 said ( I'm also concerned that time will go by too quickly.) You need to do something to show that this is something your going to do.

Edited by cletgdm

On 17/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, Ocean said:

Graphic very low :(  :( 

2017 DEMO ve 01-16-2018 graphic difference..

001.jpg

002.jpg

Techland :( reply pls..

cause of techland ? ? ?

Hi there, we don't know exactly where these screens are from it looks like the second screen is simply being played on lower graphics settings than the first. Rest assured that the time between preview builds had only allowed us to make sure the game looks and runs better.

On 16/02/2018 at 11:39 PM, cletgdm said:

We can't stress enough that allowing modders to be able to make mods for PF18 will either make or break this sim. There are great modders that will be able to take PF18 to a whole new level. Giants FS would have never made it this far without the modders. This needs to be on the top of you're list. If your looking for a one time big sale you will get that because people are looking for something different. But if your looking at long term sales you need the modders to keep it alive just like Giants FS did. As danplayer01 said ( I'm also concerned that time will go by too quickly.) You need to do something to show that this is something your going to do.

We can tell you 100% that modding support is happening. As for exactly what that will look like, we're planning to share an update over the next couple of weeks.

On 16/02/2018 at 7:25 AM, krd1749 said:

I like pretty much everything I have seen so far, but I do have some suggestions:

- I would like to be able to temporarily disable HUD and on-screen messages so I can take screenshots of the game to use as a background on my PS4.

- This wasn't in any of the preview videos I have seen, but I read somewhere that rabbits only live for one in-game day. I wish it could be a little bit longer than that. Maybe 3 days.

- Lastly, if there is ever another crop added to the game (maybe as a paid DLC), I would really like to be able to grow bananas. According to a google search I did, they can be grown in Colombia. Actually, it would be cool just to have banana plants in the game even if you can't harvest them or anything.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks for your input.

1. Currently not but we've had this request before and the dev team are aware. Just double-checked and the option to disable the HUD has just been added to the PC version as of today. The game also supports Ansel if you have a Geforce graphics card. On consoles it is planned but will come via an update shortly after release, due to differences in submission processes.

2. Animal lifespans are the kind of thing that does get tweaked over the dev process, so it is possible there may have been some out of date info previously. Currently rabbits live for around 8 days.

3. Thanks for the suggestion. We will be adding more crops but can't say right now exactly what or when, as it's still being worked on.

39 minutes ago, Ocean said:

James  Compare..

2017 DEMO Nice graphic

2018 01-16 low graphic 

There are a few variables here that we don't control, such as what graphics settings these players use and how they capture gameplay. To hopefully put your mind at ease, here's a direct capture of the same scene from my PC a few minutes ago (in 21:9 aspect ratio to boot!)

5a8adea01e80b_PureFarming2018-02-1913-58-10-05.thumb.jpg.a1b9f4b2bdb6ae502e7b1f0cd6222c70.jpg

3 hours ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi there, we don't know exactly where these screens are from it looks like the second screen is simply being played on lower graphics settings than the first. Rest assured that the time between preview builds had only allowed us to make sure the game looks and runs better.

We can tell you 100% that modding support is happening. As for exactly what that will look like, we're planning to share an update over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks James, looking forward to FS18

6 hours ago, krd1749 said:

Thanks for the response James!

I cannot wait for this game to come out, I get chills watching the game preview footage!

Same here, i should have been a farmer in real life. I would plow a farmers field for free if he would let me.

8 hours ago, cletgdm said:

Same here, i should have been a farmer in real life. I would plow a farmers field for free if he would let me.

I know, I wish I could find a farm to work on on the weekends. But until I find one I will have to settle for this awesome game. 

I have a rough couple of months coming up at work so I am looking forward to relaxing the stress away harvesting grapes!

One of the things people who play Cattle and Crops rave about is ground deformation. Vehicles and implements leave ruts in the fields where they drive, not just tracks. Will PF offer this as well? It's not a game-killer in my opinion, just icing on the cake if it is available.

55 minutes ago, jeremyj621 said:

One of the things people who play Cattle and Crops rave about is ground deformation. Vehicles and implements leave ruts in the fields where they drive, not just tracks. Will PF offer this as well? It's not a game-killer in my opinion, just icing on the cake if it is available.

I am not the one to answer that because i don't know. That's one of the reasons adding modding was so important. Most people don't know the  modders of Courseplay for fs 18 joined up with CnC and there doing a lot of the work for them and not getting any credit for it. Like i said before its the modders that take the game to a whole new level. It will be the same for Pure Farming 18.

I think you're right. Modding is important. Vehicles are now the first stage of modding and I hope that someday maps, and environment, buildings, etc. modden can. Without modding the LS would not be what he is today. I really hope that some good modders will find the game and enjoy us with their models.

But I also honestly think that you have to give PF some time, so you can improve and improve things. I think there will be some things that will not fit in the release, but I also hope the feedback comes from the players and, of course, that it will be implemented quickly.

The startphase and the reaction of the players and developers will be very important to create the basis for a hopefully long gameplay.

It is always emphasized that they are close to the players important, I believe her and I'm ready to "suffer" something.
I'm really looking forward to the release, I'm curious what you've changed since the preview and also adjusted due to the preview feedback.

A new post because he has nothing to do with the answer before.

I know, we already had the topic "real time" in the AMA. I also know that you have the time, have already been improved. Nevertheless, I would like to give some feedback on the preview.

In my Preview Lets-Play series I currently have Germany (rape, sheep, cows, chickens, rabbits, wool) and Italy with olives. In parts # 11 and # 12 I travel back and forth between Italy to do things in Germany. Wool must be sold, animals must be cared for, rapeseed must be harvested, etc.

In the preview version traveling through the back and forth and the work on the other card is already 20 hours of an in-game day away. There is not much time left to do something new in Italy. I have to do that, otherwise I will give away money.

I hope I got it right that you can do business in several countries at the same time and it does not mean to be active in several countries but only on one card can really be managed and on the other card "spoils" everything. If I have misunderstood, then forget the following text :)

Here are a few things I noticed:

• Why can I, for example, Do not sell wool on the tablet, even if I am in Italy. I have a smart farm and I am well connected thanks to good internet connection on my farms :). I would like to somehow be able to choose my farm in Germany and to do things about it without having to travel there. Wool, sell eggs, order food for the animals, etc.

• I would also like to set automatisms for that, so I do not have to do this manually every day of the game. This is currently costing me valuable in-game playtime, even if it would go over the tablet

• The helper who harvested my rape field waits until I manually get the rape out of his harvester. This means that it is not possible to independently reap the helper a complete field.

I know you are already working on helper AI and also on time. I do not know the current state either. On the subject of real time, I can only ask you to consider this again, if that can not be integrated. I am a friendly Player and would like little stress while playing :))

Edited by Deejoo

So I have a problem on ps4. Fields are not showing being plowed, sown , harvested. Enjoying the game but I like to see what I am working on on screen and not just on mini map.