Mr Squealypig

How would you like PF 2018 to...

With the large number of farming games coming out over the past year, how do you want Pure Farming 2018 to distinguish itself from the other titles?

I don't think they will ever have the largest selection of brands, or the most non-farming side activities like logging, so personally I think they can set themselves apart by having the most diverse crop selection.

They already have a great head start and here's hoping they will release more unique crops in future DLCs!

What do folks think?

I read on a forum that on fs when a player reaches a million dollars they are bored with the map and move on to another map and start over. For Pure Farming starting with 5 country's they have set themselves apart from any other farming sim. To be able to travel to any country on free farming and use the same player profile is huge. Just a thought that would be big is maybe once a year add another DLC country to what we will all ready have would be great. And i agree about adding new crops.And all so modding is a must and i read on the forum there going to have modding. If we would all be honest Giants FS would have died years ago if it wasn't for the modders. So having modding will take this sim to a hole new level for years to come.

It does not have to stand out. I have to enjoy it and I am very confident. I also do not like comparisons with games where the series is already 10 years old. Of course, the farm simulator has more brand vehicles, but for me that's not the most important thing. I also hope that some good modders will also find the game. I'm already spanked what everything can be modded.

Pure Farming has new ideas and brings a bit more "life" into play (personal opinion!). Even if I start a free game here, I still have a goal. Grow and expand overseas. It's "different" and that's a good thing. Many have already copied but few had new ideas. I really like that about Pure Farming.

That's why I founded a German fan community. I hope it starts a new series that needs some time to mature and thrive, like the fruits we sow :)

Kampange and scenarios finally find their way into the genre, which I (again personal opinion) totally super. Many harvester vehicles that I have never seen before and that I did not even know existed. I hope they provide us with new areas, new vehicles, new scenarios, etc. and also respond to the player's wishes.

You can see for sure, I'm looking forward to the game and can not wait.

1 hour ago, Deejoo said:

It does not have to stand out. I have to enjoy it and I am very confident. I also do not like comparisons with games where the series is already 10 years old. Of course, the farm simulator has more brand vehicles, but for me that's not the most important thing. I also hope that some good modders will also find the game. I'm already spanked what everything can be modded.

Pure Farming has new ideas and brings a bit more "life" into play (personal opinion!). Even if I start a free game here, I still have a goal. Grow and expand overseas. It's "different" and that's a good thing. Many have already copied but few had new ideas. I really like that about Pure Farming.

That's why I founded a German fan community. I hope it starts a new series that needs some time to mature and thrive, like the fruits we sow :)

Kampange and scenarios finally find their way into the genre, which I (again personal opinion) totally super. Many harvester vehicles that I have never seen before and that I did not even know existed. I hope they provide us with new areas, new vehicles, new scenarios, etc. and also respond to the player's wishes.

You can see for sure, I'm looking forward to the game and can not wait.

I am looking forward to the game also, already bought it and looking forward to playing it. I agree with you on brands. In other farming sims most of the brands i have never heard of i just buy what i think i'll need to get the job done and go farm. Like i said before, the modding community is what keeps a sim alive, just look at Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator look how long they have been out and there still going strong and the devs are still standing behind the games and giving updates.

On a side note, one of the things that stood out most to me when I watched the demos was the sound quality.

I really hope it sounds that good at release. Especially the plopping sound of the grapes and coffee beans going into the hopper.

Well, if each of you is right, this game will flow well, it has a lot of new things and new machinery as well as brands from several countries, regarding the wood and the felling of trees there to give it time and something of that will come later on. soon to focus on agriculture as many as I am eager to see this game and I am a player of giant fs and if the mod without those who have the game standing we hope to join the cause several moder and agan a more enjoyable game

How actual modding is implemented into the game may set it apart.  Building a modding development tool that fully integrates into the game to allow for cross-platform functionality create a great divide between Pure Farming and competitors.  

AI helpers that perform tasks appropriately without being a hinderance to productivity.  I believe the biggest loss of focus is turn by turn mechanics of helpers.  Speaking for myself, I could care less to watch a helper manipulate a piece of equipment around a field.  I care that the field gets the assigned task done.   Now going to find my tractor in a pond a a 1/3 of the field done and a 1/3 of the next field that I didn't want touched done I do care about.

what i would like to see is assorted crops.....most games you get corn(maize),  sugar beets , potato  canola wheat and sunflower....sometimes soybeans....what about sorghum , rye  oats  rice barley etc....it would be great to have more choices in the game.....thanks