Sign in to follow this  
Soulborn141

BTZ January 2018 update

So after playing the game after the btz update for a couple weeks, i have a few things to say.

-The DFA nerf was a necessary nerf, It never felt good to just jump off a bus and pull off a DFA,  but reducing the grab distance needed for performing a DFA might have been going too far. Auto coursing (Automatically moving the player towards a soft landing such as a car) is still a thing and it is very frustrating to be robbed of a DFA because the game wants to throw you away from the hunter, rather then allowing you to sit on top of him and ready yourself for a DFA, and makes DFAs near impossible to pull off.

-Spit buffs. Im not entirely sure about this one. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the telebomber glitch was patched. I think that should be #1 Priority at this point. The uv suppressor spit can easily be countered if your playing with a good teammate. Toxic spits need to be nerfed heavily. The amount of ground they cover and the amount of damage they do is absurd. 4v1 the hunter can have possibly over 5 toxic puddles around the players, making is very difficult to move around and fight the hunter because your battling against not stepping in it more then your fighting against the hunter, and the hunter coming and trying to tackle and slam you into the toxic doesn't help. Sense suppressor spits, lets be honest. These are not effective at all. Their easily countered by having good headphones/surround sound, or having good teammates with good communication.

The weapon scaling nerf for 2v1s. This was needed, don't get me wrong. but its annoying and obnoxious to hit the hunter and constantly have him getting away with 3 hp. Simple counter to this is always carrying a gun on you, so not too bothered by this. The main problem with this is throwing your 2 handed weapon doesn't 1 hit anymore, and unless the hunter misses a gp, your almost never gonna land a 2 handed throw. my main way for punishing the hunter for missing a gp was tackle then throw a 1 handed, which usually killed him, but now it leaves him with what im guessing is 3-6 hp left, which is very annoying. This nerf was needed, and allows for 2 people to actually work together, and not have 1 carry the other to victory.

The uv light nerf was completely unnecessary to be honest. flickering the uv light never really hurt the hunter that much anyways. nerfing it for 3v1 and 4v1 is understandable, but in 1v1 and 2v1 situations, you cant keep the hunter grounded long enough to be able to get a kill on him. Its not worth the effort to try and get the hunter to 0 energy anymore, its only good to keep him from being able to pounce you.

Additional things:

The amount of virals and goons that spawn in on a nest is absurd. sometimes in 1v1s and 2v1s up to 4 goons will spawn on a single nest, and we can never catch a break from the virals around it either. This definitely needs to be changed.

Auto coursing was mentioned before in the DFA nerf, but i honestly feel like this game mechanic needs to be removed from the game entirely. Even playing the pve side of the game its so annoying to deal with.

There is also a bug in the game where during invasions, i cant walk through teammates. This needs to be patched because it makes big issues with teamwork.\

In conclusion, with this update, winning as the zombie isn't rewarding in any way and allows for noob hunters with little skill to take down a group of well experienced players with ease, and playing as the survivor honestly isn't fun anymore.