EpikZounDz

BTZ Update 1/12/18 too overpowered!! Please read Techland

Dear Techland, the new update for BTZ is too overpowered!!!!The humans don't have any chance of winning. Blinking the U.V light drains it fast is too overpowered, like what are we supposed to do!?! We only have two flares but the spit recharge rate is too strong, you basically spit run and spit again because of how fast the recharge rate is. And DFA height increased to 8 meters?? Are you insane!?! Just leave it how it was in the pre-patched version, look i know that your doing this to make Dying Light better but good players on all consels hate this update. Its basically promoting human players to actually play BTZ instead of human because of how overpowered the zombie is. So if you please get rid of this update that would be great. (P.S please test your own updates before you release it to the public.)

13 minutes ago, Shmel101 said:

Why do you whine about the balance when he finally appeared ?

Because he can't DFA-crow his way to victory anymore. Now he'll actually have to... not abuse unfair animation exploits?

An unbearable thought for him, probably.

13 hours ago, EpikZounDz said:

Dear Techland, the new update for BTZ is too overpowered!!!!The humans don't have any chance of winning. Blinking the U.V light drains it fast is too overpowered, like what are we supposed to do!?! We only have two flares but the spit recharge rate is too strong, you basically spit run and spit again because of how fast the recharge rate is. And DFA height increased to 8 meters?? Are you insane!?! Just leave it how it was in the pre-patched version, look i know that your doing this to make Dying Light better but good players on all consels hate this update. Its basically promoting human players to actually play BTZ instead of human because of how overpowered the zombie is. So if you please get rid of this update that would be great. (P.S please test your own updates before you release it to the public.)

This whole thing just comes off as biased and and ill-informed. The blinking was a rather broken thing way before this patch. It allowed a Survivor to pretty much catch up to a drained Hunter without any consequence whatsoever. DFA was also broken especially in a 4v1 setting because of its height requirements and the fact that its an instant kill move. All it takes is one person to initiate it so a nerf was needed. Spits are rather iffy, but this is a step in the right direction because of how easy it was to dodge them.

Basically all you did in this post was just whine and complain with a biased mindset as to why you dislike this update. All you pretty much said was "Wahhh I can't do anything, Hunter OP wahh!!." Wording like this pretty much tells me that you are either inexperienced, haven't taken actual time(and not just one match or a goddamn day) to get used to these changes and figure out new ways to avoid things, or both.

Hunter is the underpowered side my guy, it has been always been this way since early 2015. +Your way/method to "bypass" current BtZ tuning is a way to get penalized.

This patch was not ment to promote human players nor hunters, it was ment to balance things out between both sides of the barricade, infact it did a pretty good job at it. Most of the stuff that got changed allowed hunters to stand against the odds of 4v1s/3v1s with experienced players.

"Consels"... I heard not many veterans complain on any of these changes yet.

1 hour ago, LucasK said:

Hunter is the underpowered side my guy, it has been always been this way since early 2015. +Your way/method to "bypass" current BtZ tuning is a way to get penalized.

This patch was not ment to promote human players nor hunters, it was ment to balance things out between both sides of the barricade, infact it did a pretty good job at it. Most of the stuff that got changed allowed hunters to stand against the odds of 4v1s/3v1s with experienced players.

"Consels"... I heard not many veterans complain on any of these changes yet.

Well you can thank Greywolf for the bypass glitch

53 minutes ago, Hank J. Wimbleton said:

So you're basically going to cheat over a patch that you deem unfair because you're incapable of adapting and finding new ways to play? Well you do you I guess; just shows how much of a "player" you are.

I can still beat hunters without it xD

Bypassing the patch is one thing but theres alot more i can do buddy

Apologies for my fellow PlayStation buddy @EpikZounDz he sometimes types before he thinks, he certainly has a point and I'll do my best to clear up most of the things he said and give my own take on this update. Not all of us on ps4 find this update as annoying as others its pretty challenging and definitely demands a lot more from players. I do believe this update is just far too late though and that might be the reason why so many people hate it atm, being that most people have adapted to all the other minor changes and this is the biggest one 3 years into the game its a big change at a late stage...Although this update has definitely inspired a lot of hunters, and maybe even 'revived' the game invasions are much more frequent these days in comparison to any other update I can recall. Hunter is slightly overpowered with how quick spits explode especially on ps4 as we have auto-aim so its really easy to get a spit relatively close to a human, and if its relatively close and the speed of the spit exploding is decreased then simple math determines most auto-aim spits are going to hit this makes it increasingly difficult for humans. I do think auto-aim needs to be addressed on the console, why a setting as powerful as auto-aim is an option still bewilders me.

I agree that things needed changed but I still after playing several hours trying to figure this patch out think the dfa needs fixed. Not back to what it was but easier than what it is now. And of course the hordes flying up on top of buildings. People say its easier to get matches now but I was getting plenty of hunters the way it was.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:48 PM, Hank J. Wimbleton said:

So you're basically going to cheat over a patch that you deem unfair because you're incapable of adapting and finding new ways to play? Well you do you I guess; just shows how much of a "player" you are.

I'm not sure it is this simple. It's not that I disagree completely with you, it's just I can also relate  to peoples' frustration.

The last patch we were told: "This is the fairest patch ever!" and "statistics can't lie!", variants of which have made the rounds since the game's release. But with so many folks able to mod the game to their liking, cheating never being addressed, and so much variety in people's play styles it becomes natural to ask: Why not let everybody play the update they want with the settings they choose? After all, people will do so anyway, cheating in many cases for some earlier ability (or just to not have to craft medkits, potions etc.), and their reason may not always be glorification of their skills or maximization of wins.

Assume somebody takes the advice of some of the cheerleaders who'll play through any patch, no matter what is changed, and decides to equip shields, adapt their play style yet again to the current patch, the question concerning preferences is still legitimate: that person bought the game where they could choose between use of shield or not. So following the advice gives them a poorer, more limited/reduced experience of a game they purchased. Some people, yours truly included, value consistency of the experience along with options. I therefore relate to peoples' frustration: they return to a game finding that it isn't the game they paid for.

You purchase a game in a certain state of development and perhaps you valued the play style encouraged by some early patch. Maybe you just want to explore some earlier version. If the game/game mode belongs -at least to some degree to the buyer and player of said game- why can't they play the game the way they bought it? Or the way they got used to it, or the way they've come to prefer it? Why are they "lesser players/unskilled cheaters" for their personal preferences, no matter how uninformed/inexperienced those preferences happen to be? Similarly to having no control over whether survivors choose to host on normal difficulty vs. those who do on Nightmare, I used to think: "wow, how lame, they're playing normal difficulty." Now I see that that was just me pushing others to accept my preferences.

And if those preferences were visible to others, so we'd have more cards on the table up front b4 win/loose/forfeit, then people could be more willing to play overpowered AND inexperienced hunters or survivors: because both sides would have a clearer idea of what they're getting into, both sides would be in a more informed position to accept or decline games. The Host will have certain settings and Hunter would invade with certain abilities and there's either handshake or decline, much like people browse each others' profiles b4 doing so these days anyway but with more info on the types of games/preferences others prefer.

Give folks more control and transparency and they'll balance the game via their preferences. Keep mucking with the core of the game while losing consistency of the gaming experience and playing style options, forcing everybody to accept one variant/play style/interpretation of the game, at every update/patch? That not only tries to impossibly please everybody... that's trying to please everybody over all times/updates, which is even more... uhm impossible. :huh:

12 hours ago, Chickeninja said:

I'm not sure it is this simple. It's not that I disagree completely with you, it's just I can also relate  to peoples' frustration.

The last patch we were told: "This is the fairest patch ever!" and "statistics can't lie!", variants of which have made the rounds since the game's release. But with so many folks able to mod the game to their liking, cheating never being addressed, and so much variety in people's play styles it becomes natural to ask: Why not let everybody play the update they want with the settings they choose? After all, people will do so anyway, cheating in many cases for some earlier ability (or just to not have to craft medkits, potions etc.), and their reason may not always be glorification of their skills or maximization of wins.

Assume somebody takes the advice of some of the cheerleaders who'll play through any patch, no matter what is changed, and decides to equip shields, adapt their play style yet again to the current patch, the question concerning preferences is still legitimate: that person bought the game where they could choose between use of shield or not. So following the advice gives them a poorer, more limited/reduced experience of a game they purchased. Some people, yours truly included, value consistency of the experience along with options. I therefore relate to peoples' frustration: they return to a game finding that it isn't the game they paid for.

You purchase a game in a certain state of development and perhaps you valued the play style encouraged by some early patch. Maybe you just want to explore some earlier version. If the game/game mode belongs -at least to some degree to the buyer and player of said game- why can't they play the game the way they bought it? Or the way they got used to it, or the way they've come to prefer it? Why are they "lesser players/unskilled cheaters" for their personal preferences, no matter how uninformed/inexperienced those preferences happen to be? Similarly to having no control over whether survivors choose to host on normal difficulty vs. those who do on Nightmare, I used to think: "wow, how lame, they're playing normal difficulty." Now I see that that was just me pushing others to accept my preferences.

And if those preferences were visible to others, so we'd have more cards on the table up front b4 win/loose/forfeit, then people could be more willing to play overpowered AND inexperienced hunters or survivors: because both sides would have a clearer idea of what they're getting into, both sides would be in a more informed position to accept or decline games. The Host will have certain settings and Hunter would invade with certain abilities and there's either handshake or decline, much like people browse each others' profiles b4 doing so these days anyway but with more info on the types of games/preferences others prefer.

Give folks more control and transparency and they'll balance the game via their preferences. Keep mucking with the core of the game while losing consistency of the gaming experience and playing style options, forcing everybody to accept one variant/play style/interpretation of the game, at every update/patch? That not only tries to impossibly please everybody... that's trying to please everybody over all times/updates, which is even more... uhm impossible. :huh:

Even I somewhat agree with you here. I thought that this patch at first was a good game changer to balance things out. As time went on however many of us realized that some things in this patch were too much, and did kind of went off negatively in what I said.

I can understand if someone dislikes this patch, but at least have some decency to actually explain with details as to why its unbalanced rather than the obligatory, biased "HUNTER/HUMAN OP PLZ NERF, THIS SUCKS" stuff which barely outlines any reasons to their argument. In the case of this thread, this person is willing to use a game breaking patch in order to bypass the current version to their own liking.

Now I don't care if someone cheats in single-player, I don't care if someone wants to do this glitch in single-player, I don't care if someone download mods, scripts, or use an auto-crossbow in single-player. I do care when all of this is being used for PVP/BTZ. When you play with this kind of stuff by yourself, or with friends than that's fine. In single-player you can do anything as you please, but when you take all the cheats, glitches, and scripted items to Multiplayer it creates an unbalanced and unfair playing field.. Its not fair that many players who played from the very beginning up to the current version get the short of the stick when some random cheater joins in, and screws them over, and the next one over. Its not fair that people use glitches that have next to no counter for an easy, and unfair win. Many of us care about this game, and to see it succeed even further, but when we see stuff like this it makes the game look very bad.

I can understand if someone has no desire to become the god of Dying Light, and just want to play, and have fun. That is fine. I even like your idea of setting custom settings so that people can play with whatever they like as it adds more diversity, and fun similar to Super Smash Bros. where people can play with Fox only, no items, Final Destination, or play with items, and mess around.

However, you can't say that bringing a cheat engine, or scripted items to the areas of Multiplayer is fair for "their experience" cause its not. This player right here, despite his frustrations, is choosing the cheap route, and glitch the game to his liking. Yes lets all go back to Day One of The Following where Semi-auto shotguns can 3 shot a Hunter at an insane range, and where we can one shot nests. Lets go back to having the Shield glitch where it deflects stuck spits, and tackle hits like a melee weapon. Let us all have to run cheat engines to run super fast and avoid Hunter spits. This isn't the way to fix things. Instead what this person should've done is discussed his issues with details as to why he dislikes it like how most of us have been doing in the thread above.

In regards to cheating being addressed why don't we as players continue to mention it. It was talked about before, but then was suddenly dropped, and somewhat forgotten as an issue here when it shouldn't be. Bad Blood is going to come, and you can bet that there are going to be cheaters, and we should be voicing our concerns with cheating loudly, and continuously. "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" This can't be any more true.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:27 AM, Hank J. Wimbleton said:

However, you can't say that bringing a cheat engine, or scripted items to the areas of Multiplayer is fair for "their experience" cause its not. This player right here, despite his frustrations, is choosing the cheap route, and glitch the game to his liking. Yes lets all go back to Day One of The Following where Semi-auto shotguns can 3 shot a Hunter at an insane range, and where we can one shot nests. Lets go back to having the Shield glitch where it deflects stuck spits, and tackle hits like a melee weapon. Let us all have to run cheat engines to run super fast and avoid Hunter spits. This isn't the way to fix things. Instead what this person should've done is discussed his issues with details as to why he dislikes it like how most of us have been doing in the thread above.

In regards to cheating being addressed why don't we as players continue to mention it. It was talked about before, but then was suddenly dropped, and somewhat forgotten as an issue here when it shouldn't be. Bad Blood is going to come, and you can bet that there are going to be cheaters, and we should be voicing our concerns with cheating loudly, and continuously. "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" This can't be any more true.

I agree with most of your post and to clarify: I don't advocate going back to defect stuck spits. But assume somebody wants double hunter play where a single survivor is outgunned. Then the natural thing to do is to auto balance ourselves by limiting pounce and/or spit use. A more vulnerable hunter, as in earlier updates, becomes desirable. My point is that earlier settings could be revived with appropriate tweaking and agreements by players and their play styles.

And while I also see that cheating is becoming more sophisticated, a community that stays tightly knit, informative on the latest tricks, how to spot them, and remains non toxic with each other (by reporting the exploits in forums such as this one) will have more of a chance of not being played. I don't judge people themselves that use magical hunter swords or flying survivors. They could be misguided kids mucking around lacking guidance in life, and to somehow genuinely penalize them for attempting cheats while playing a no stakes online game seems a bit harsh/paranoid. They don't know what they're doing in most cases, so I just straight up tell them and in 99% cases, they stop joining games I'm in. It's worse of course, when experts are doing the same because it gets harder to spot.

That folks learn how to rely on themselves and their community, relying on self-policing, sticking together instead of ratting others out for duping medkits etc. or just passively waiting for things to be done for them so that "cheating disappears". I'm not really the informer or tattletale type, which is why I think the actual exploit is more useful to the community than the toxic "who did what when". Some folks change when they're informed that they're using an exploit and some exploits, in view of the spit modifications, like look back insta flare may become necessary (not a good sign for game quality this...). Thus, not all exploits constitute abuse of online PvP. It depends on the overall game mode state, abilities, survivor numbers etc.

And to folks beginning the game, if you have trouble and see folks abusing an exploit and denying it, look for the exploit in the bugs/exploit thread and refer those players to it (if not making a new entry yourself). That thread is proof of this community's stance towards abuse of exploits and some folks need to see proof of that outside their games.

I'm my honest opinion you guys have seriously fked up the PvP side of the game, it was fine the way everything was pre-patch, although I'm happy with like 1 or 2 things post-patch. I don't mind the spit radius increase, but Jesus does the spit need to explode that quick? Stop listening to all those newbie hunters!!!!! They're destroying the game for veteran survivors, we all used to play dying light everyday and absolutely loved it! But since the patch it's all gone to chupacabra. Everyone I know has started playing different games and haven't seen my friends play since they played one game post-patch. Others may disagree and enjoy this patch, but as I said earlier I think you've destroyed the PvP side of it for survivors who've played this game for years. Although the devs may see this and not do anything about it, it's worth a shot. 

I'm my honest opinion you guys have seriously fked up the PvP side of the game, it was fine the way everything was pre-patch, although I'm happy with like 1 or 2 things post-patch. I don't mind the spit radius increase, but Jesus does the spit need to explode that quick? Stop listening to all those newbie hunters!!!!! They're destroying the game for veteran survivors, we all used to play dying light everyday and absolutely loved it! But since the patch it's all gone to sh*t. Everyone I know has started playing different games and haven't seen my friends play since they played one game post-patch. Others may disagree and enjoy this patch, but as I said earlier I think you've destroyed the PvP side of it for survivors who've played this game for years. Although the devs may see this and not do anything about it, it's worth a shot.