James Gallagher

Be The Zombie Balancing Update - 12/1/2018

On 3/1/2018 at 3:42 PM, CartierC said:

Literally, just nerf the spit regen and you got it. Leave 1v1 alone.

2v1 would be perfect as well if they added one extra flare for humans but using a flare would consume 99% of the usage bar. 

On 2018-03-01 at 0:32 PM, Vallon said:

I don't really understand how hard it could be to change a few numeric values, but I'm not the dev here. It would be great if we could at least get a response that some kind of tweak down is coming.

I agree. I too keep checking back for any sort of notice from the Devs as to whether or not they are even deciding about change. At least a "no, we are not making any changes" instead of keeping the question in the air. Perhaps they are too busy making more changes, who knows. But a response would be appreciated, any kind of response

On 2018-03-02 at 8:49 PM, Vertigo said:

2v1 would be perfect as well if they added one extra flare for humans but using a flare would consume 99% of the usage bar. 

I completely agree with this.

Usually devs play other games more than they play their own. The reason for this is that they have to "learn so much" from other games to be able to balance their own. That's why balancing is so hard, right? Perhaps we should follow their lead and grow our brains. :D

As hunter, a recurring thing I see is survivors with infinite UV, which I feel is related to the changes of late. Folks balancing things on their own but just a couple of hours and my hunter is developing a tan.

And as survivor one thing bugs me almost as much as the ugliness of seeing hunters with next to no experience, give folks that have invested time into the game mode a difficult time, IS the fact that from 1st person pov of survivor, everybody finds ways to deal with the enlarged radius and decreased duration of them popping... only to feel like "that spit landed on a surface two corners/objects behind me and game physics creates a false positive".

So in this case, adapting doesn't do much to create a more satisfying experience. Physics is off and feels less like the direct live action realism I appreciated in this game mode.

The longer all these fixes don't take place and the more people engage in group negativity, without groups being more proactive in promoting clean play instead of calling names, the less desirable the game mode will appear to the public. But since numbers seem up, it would seem that not fixing bugs makes a better game. :lol:

Not even just infinite uv light. About half the playerbase has decided to use a dev menu to create their own balance, like making drop attacks easier, giving themselves more flares, etc. I know someone that is so upset about the changes that hes going out of his way to try and restore the old values. A lot of people have adapted to the changes and made new playstyles, but don't find it fun at all because they always have to be a sweaty try hard in order to beat a hunter fair and square, even if their a lower rank. We have given them our thoughts and ideas and i'm sure by now they have read through all the comments on this post. All we can do atm though is grow a pair and deal with it and wait until an update comes out.

Ahm off topic, got hacked by a bunch of kids where hunter got stuck cant move etc. Got deranked but skills and everything stayed the same. I'm rank Walker and i was apex.|Now that wouldnt be a problem as I dont really care about the rank but it gives of as somehow I downloaded someone's save, modded hunter and so on , and now legit players when they see walker with level 60 think Im a modder and dont wanna play against me. Is there any stop to this chaos?

Some mod menus can rank you up instantly, or you can even download a save off nexus mods. But if your looking for a legit way to get back your rank you can either ignore what other people are saying and take the handful of matches you actually can play, or have a friend play against you and let you win until you are back up to apex.

I got back on the game last night and i was playing 3v1,4v1 it was dynamic i didnt had that much problem with spits because i dodge the majority of them and we won almost all of our games so idk i guess i find it good the way it is, but it was not easy against some of them and thats a good point we were always covering our back, a team mate got uv spit i quiclky got back to him to help him vice-versa., the sad thing is that i cant find those players anymore it was a random join so we were all lucky in a way. 

10 hours ago, Soulborn141 said:

Some mod menus can rank you up instantly, or you can even download a save off nexus mods. But if your looking for a legit way to get back your rank you can either ignore what other people are saying and take the handful of matches you actually can play, or have a friend play against you and let you win until you are back up to apex.

You're missing to point here, why should I have to bother myself downloading someone else's save or use mods if I dont want to?? It's my right to play this game with out going out of it, to have a clean gameplay and not worry about someone chupacabra up something that I worked tens or hundreds of hours for! And dont even try telling me to use vac option cuz it's completely useless and utter bs with absolutely ZERO games to find.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, Soulborn141 said:

Not even just infinite uv light. About half the playerbase has decided to use a dev menu to create their own balance, like making drop attacks easier, giving themselves more flares, etc. I know someone that is so upset about the changes that hes going out of his way to try and restore the old values. A lot of people have adapted to the changes and made new playstyles, but don't find it fun at all because they always have to be a sweaty try hard in order to beat a hunter fair and square, even if their a lower rank. We have given them our thoughts and ideas and i'm sure by now they have read through all the comments on this post. All we can do atm though is grow a pair and deal with it and wait until an update comes out.

Aren't you one of those players though lul. I mean you literally call me a hacker for tendril sprinting and try to accuse me of cheating every game we play.  I am not surprised if you are one of the people that actually do cheat, since a majority of the people you play with use cheated items or modified files. 

Btw Tendril Sprint tackling isn't a cheat, its always been like that. (: 

On 3/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, DanielPlayzDL said:

Hunters need their Insta tackle back. Even with the new update they're still getting crushed. Please. I'm get bored fighting hunters because of this update. Please bring it back.

No offense dude but the hunter is fine where it is because of spit regen, and insta tackle is technically still here, hunters don't even need insta tackle, I'm a hunter main and I could care less for it js

i think the update was well. it feels like it did some four months ago, which is fine enough. i had a fairly decent 3v1 and was mostly entertained. got a little salty after they kept animation locking me but its whatever. spits are fine, maybe a tad nerf to uv heal would be nice, dfa is perfect, uv light is fine, flares are fine, and yeah. i only played one match and it wasnt that great of a match but it was a lot better then it usually was. before the jan update it was filled with so much people using cheap moves and whatever that i took a solid 3 month break on this game. this update brought this game to a good middle grounds. ignore all the haters saying that the hunter is op or vice versa/etc, most of the actual players of this game think this was a well balanced update. i also like they release of the new content since its bringing back some old and new players and is constantly spicing things up. kudos to you 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:18 AM, Aziz1989 said:

This is good for hunters but for human is soo bad this not balanced and im playing this game for 1000+ hr , and the hunter after this patch is over power. 

Humans are way overpowered get real, the human is only human it's not a superhero the Night Hunter is a mutated zombie better senses and reflexes explain to me how you can dodge a tackle yet a hunter Can't block or even Dodge a drop kick? Also how you can do a drop kick being 2 feet away sometimes less meanwhile a hunter could be directly in your face do a tackle and it still pulls them back to give the human enough time to dodge. 

On 4/10/2018 at 1:24 PM, lemonlover996 said:

i think the update was well. it feels like it did some four months ago, which is fine enough. i had a fairly decent 3v1 and was mostly entertained. got a little salty after they kept animation locking me but its whatever. spits are fine, maybe a tad nerf to uv heal would be nice, dfa is perfect, uv light is fine, flares are fine, and yeah. i only played one match and it wasnt that great of a match but it was a lot better then it usually was. before the jan update it was filled with so much people using cheap moves and whatever that i took a solid 3 month break on this game. this update brought this game to a good middle grounds. ignore all the haters saying that the hunter is op or vice versa/etc, most of the actual players of this game think this was a well balanced update. i also like they release of the new content since its bringing back some old and new players and is constantly spicing things up. kudos to you 

If humans can Dodge a tackle the Night Hunter should be able to dodge a drop kick or at least do a counter. How can you do a drop kick 2 feet away. Yet when you do a you could be right up in their face and still get pulled back to give them a chance to dodge.