James Gallagher

Be The Zombie Balancing Update - 12/1/2018

14 hours ago, NikoTosic said:

Hello everybody this is my first message on the forum so about BTZ what i have to say ??? Hmm

Great and im talking in both ways as a survivor/hunter

I have been reading some posts in last few days and decided to make an acc and give my thoughts. 

It seems like there are a lot of people complaining about this and that and i think they dont give some time on actualy playing and trying to find the best solution for this and that hunter or human.

I am legend 34 (maybe35) dont remember i started to play BTZ like 2,3 weeks ago and i have as much victorys when human or night hunter (got my 1st mutation yesterday) i dont have any problem with current settings in game i think the UV are good the way they are (you need to be careful how you use it dont blame something else if you put your self in akward situation with hunter) i think the same with hunter same akward situation what i mean by that well i play with what game give me and i try to read my monster or prey. 

Example : I meet one guy in some invadion and since we play together and we always try to read the hunter (what hes doing hes combos) we watch to be together but not in the same radius of 5m because of the hunter spits, sometime we take a little longer path to the nests because that one in the woods in front of us is not trusty (bad visibility, no hight ground in case of bombers etc) so as i said more victorys than defeats... pardon more aborted then defeats hehehe. 

For the night hunter same logic as they say devide to reign better, i played few hours ago against 4 survivors and basicly they were like 2 guys on lamps roof waiting for DFA i felt in that trap like maybe 2 times and at the end i won with last nest left it was a thought game (25-30m) it was a mental game i saw one a little bit separeted from the group i killed him i saw that one trying to run to the nest while the ithers 3 were fighting me i killed him and i came back, basicly the most important thing when you are NH is to never let the run freely.

So in my case its not this skill is better then that or the cooldown is slower or faster then that one blablabla its about how you use what you have and for me its working prety well for now. 

Good night and good luck

(ps sorry for some faults not my main language) 

We really need more players like this person. Good post.

NikoTosic didn't I just see you in a game you joining in as a hunter than aborting cause you saw two level 250s in a game lol?  You need not criticize a player who's trying to give feedback to the game and I can relate with the other players and the complete frustration from these updates.  It was fairly difficult before and now it's just hopeless.  I keep getting killed repeatedly in a game with uv spit and flair running out I have no defenses what's so ever and with all the objects and buildings on the streets of slums and old town it's crazy hard to avoid spits as it is and now the spit explosion was expanded?  Does that make sense to anyone?  This is going to sound crazy, but take away the sensory disabling spit, put all the previous specs for humans back in place and then some (give us more uv or something) and maybe put another bTz in there so the one doesn't feel ganged up on.  I see many quit cause all four us are attacking him at once. I think OP-ing just the one Btz is imbalancing the game? Maybe some TDMs too :) 

1 minute ago, elle said:

NikoTosic didn't I just see you in a game you joining in as a hunter than aborting cause you saw two level 250s in a game lol?

Because someone that started playing Hunter 2-3 weeks ago sure has a lot of chance against Legend 250 Survivors, right?

1 minute ago, Vallon said:

Because someone that started playing Hunter 2-3 weeks ago sure has a lot of chance against Legend 250 Survivors, right?

omg did you really just say that? Do they not want to challenge themselves and get better?  That's the only way!  I see all the time apex predators! joining non legend players (completely defenseless and unfinished campaigns just pouncing on them in a one to two minute matches. 

14 hours ago, NikoTosic said:

It seems like there are a lot of people complaining about this and that and i think they dont give some time on actualy playing and trying to find the best solution for this and that hunter or human.

Yes, I used to argue similarly. However, "giving time to actually playing" is the prize that Techland seeks and while "making the best of something and finding the best solution" is perhaps a healthy philosophy in life, it also provides justification to continue to play bad games and nourish bad habits: You could ALWAYS argue "you don't believe enough in the game, give it more time", even with the worst games and their development. You can always argue that there is more to learn and that anybody with a critical voice is not competent or intelligent enough to understand. But this isn't a university where you get rewarded with a degree and new possible means of life and freedoms for your success. This is entertainment and players pay developers for fun at their screens, not the other way around.

Apparently folks who have some experience, don't feel an appetite or a need to relearn a game when they've already done so for dozens of patches, dozens of times. Not even because of wins or losses, some mechanism, cool down etc. but because they grow tired of the game changing under their feet without their control. That's why I hesitate playing atm and recommending it to friends: the game can be fun for some play styles with certain settings, but the bugs that never get fixed (e.g. the goons respawning, hunter climbing every damned edge on a hill, horde mechanism relying on magical bombers that travel at bullet speed appearing anywhere) persist below a helpless looking, constantly shifting patching strategy.

And for developers this works because there will be a new influx of players, not acquainted with how all the patching makes the overall experience less desirable, that will be happy with some current patch, playing and promoting it for free. Finally, players vote for or against games with the time they give it and it is normal and healthy imho for players to not give their precious time away easily and complain. Especially when people don't enjoy the experience, the most logical thing for them to do is to make their complaints known, and perhaps reduce, limit, or stop their play. Then the experienced folk who decide to give their time away regardless of the changes or what they've said/thought in the past, can play with the beginners who don't know any better and everybody will live in a better world with the kinds of games they want 24/7.

The downside is that we loose credibility by complaining about a change and playing as though it never happened. Then our opinions become echo chambers for whatever developers do without getting a single thing for our precious time, experience etc.

53 minutes ago, elle said:

omg did you really just say that? Do they not want to challenge themselves and get better?  That's the only way! 

The hypocrisy is real here. So according to you, newbie Hunters with like 40 hours of playtime entering team games against (supposedly) Ultimate Survivors and getting stomped because of game mechanics they don't know or understand is A-OK, but experienced players with ten times that amount of pt being challenged through the new update is totally not? 

Sounds like you either need to either take your own advice or get some better logic.

53 minutes ago, elle said:

I see all the time apex predators! joining non legend players (completely defenseless and unfinished campaigns just pouncing on them in a one to two minute matches. 

No. What you see is new players having downloaded that one lvl 50 Apex Predator save from NexusMods that has been around since forever. In reality they are Runners or so in rank.

Absolutely no actual Apex Predator invades new players, so you can stop with the make-belief BS.

Edited by Vallon

5 minutes ago, Vallon said:

The hypocrisy is real here. So according to you, newbie Hunters entering team games against (supposedly) Ultimate Survivors and getting stomped because of game mechanics they don't know or understand is A-OK, but being challenged through the new update is totally not? 

Sounds like you either need to either take your own advice or get some better logic.

No. What you see is new players having downloaded that one lvl 50 Apex Predator save from NexusMods that has been around since forever. In reality they are Runners or so in rank.

Absolutely no actual Apex Predator invades new players, so you can stop with the make-belief BS.

You need to get off your high horse and stop making stuff up.  Who said newbie hunters?  He was not a newbie hunter AND all legendary 250s are not ultimate survivors.  You sound kinda clueless in this game.  Lets get back to the topic at hand and ya need to stop attacking posters.

Edited by elle

1 minute ago, Vallon said:

Dude...

I just can't anymore. Hopefully you're not a PC player, that's all I'll say.

Dude now you're threatening people just cause you're butting your face into other people's posts.  I don't give af about your PC and yea I'm on the PC so now wat!!!??? LOL

Just now, elle said:

Dude now you're threatening people just cause you're butting your face into other people's posts.  I don't give af about your PC and yea I'm on the PC so now wat!!!??? LOL

It wasn't a threat, kid. Get some reading comprehension. This kind of ignorance usually comes from console players, so that's why I said that.

Example: 

10 minutes ago, Vallon said:

It wasn't a threat, kid. Get some reading comprehension. This kind of ignorance usually comes from console players, so that's why I said that.

Example: 

Stop playing like you're some PC Gamer God.  No one cares.  You're a troll.

2 hours ago, elle said:

NikoTosic didn't I just see you in a game you joining in as a hunter than aborting cause you saw two level 250s in a game lol?  You need not criticize a player who's trying to give feedback to the game and I can relate with the other players and the complete frustration from these updates.  It was fairly difficult before and now it's just hopeless.  I keep getting killed repeatedly in a game with uv spit and flair running out I have no defenses what's so ever and with all the objects and buildings on the streets of slums and old town it's crazy hard to avoid spits as it is and now the spit explosion was expanded?  Does that make sense to anyone?  This is going to sound crazy, but take away the sensory disabling spit, put all the previous specs for humans back in place and then some (give us more uv or something) and maybe put another bTz in there so the one doesn't feel ganged up on.  I see many quit cause all four us are attacking him at once. I think OP-ing just the one Btz is imbalancing the game? Maybe some TDMs too :) 

Hmm i dont think so or maybe it was a 4v1 match then 3 of them left and i left aftherthat because it was getting boring (breaks the rythm of the game)  so if it was you gg you play good :) and about 250 its not a first time taht im matched with them some ones are really good the other one are chupacabra like how can you be 250l and play like that 

Ps: i play on ps4 so i dont know if we meet somewhere what is your nickname ? 

Yoy are talking about how hard it is in the slums thats why i said that sometime i take a longer path but better for me you got to use the enviremznt men. 

In fact thats the thing i like a lot about slums, countryside and old city each map has his own game style 

Edited by NikoTosic

It sucks to play as a survivor now. Night hunter is overpowered playing against the hunter is boring now, with all the help the hunter gets already between the virals and the GOONS as if that wasn’t help enough as it is. 

14 hours ago, Illenic said:

It sucks to play as a survivor now. Night hunter is overpowered playing against the hunter is boring now, with all the help the hunter gets already between the virals and the GOONS as if that wasn’t help enough as it is. 

Men i kill the goons with 2 arrows in the head (sometime 1 hit)  and the virals with one hard swing, kill the hunter trow a flare kill the goons kill the virals meanwhile hes gonna respawn kill him again then destroy the nest, sure if you are fighting him and the goons and the virals in the same time you are going to lose, its really not a big deal dealing with zombies around the nest, example if you kill the hunter and got like 3,4 virals drop a flare they are going to stop then 4 hard swings and they are dead with goons you only need to be sure that the hunter is not around you take a bow and kill them easy, and if hes still alive then i really dont understand what are you doing in the middle of the nest with all the zombies and him jumping around waiting for oportunity, i mean ok the first 2 nests are easy (got like few zombies and some virals) but after those nests you need to make a plan and decision nest or hunter but certenly not to 2 in the same time

Edited by NikoTosic

its funny seeing people moan and complain about the new update. you all wanted an patch, here it is. the point of the patch was to change your playstyle because the other one left the advantage to the humans. now the hunters have the slight advantage. i think the spam while playing as a human can still be an issue, but you guys are definitely overreacting. chill out for like a couple weeks until people get used to the update and if you still think that its that bad, then complain to techland about it. 

3 hours ago, NikoTosic said:

Men i kill the goons with 2 arrows in the head (sometime 1 hit)  and the virals with one hard swing, kill the hunter trow a flare kill the goons kill the virals meanwhile hes gonna respawn kill him again then destroy the nest, sure if you are fighting him and the goons and the virals in the same time you are going to lose, its really not a big deal dealing with zombies around the nest, example if you kill the hunter and got like 3,4 virals drop a flare they are going to stop then 4 hard swings and they are dead with goons you only need to be sure that the hunter is not around you take a bow and kill them easy, and if hes still alive then i really dont understand what are you doing in the middle of the nest with all the zombies and him jumping around waiting for oportunity, i mean ok the first 2 nests are easy (got like few zombies and some virals) but after those nests you need to make a plan and decision nest or hunter but certenly not to 2 in the same time

Agree.

1 hour ago, lemonlover996 said:

its funny seeing people moan and complain about the new update. you all wanted an patch, here it is. the point of the patch was to change your playstyle because the other one left the advantage to the humans. now the hunters have the slight advantage. i think the spam while playing as a human can still be an issue, but you guys are definitely overreacting. chill out for like a couple weeks until people get used to the update and if you still think that its that bad, then complain to techland about it. 

I won't like this update 2-3-10 weeks from now lol

14 minutes ago, DyingLight1885 said:

@lemonlover996 It was probably noob hunters that didnt take time to play to learn playing as hunters. I have 2 Max hunters and i have a fine time playing against humans it felt very fair. Im playing on Ps4 by the way dont know how it is for people on other platforms.

You'll never see a survivor with 2 maxed out ultimate survivor accounts. That's ridiculous and shows hunters have an advantage.  That's kinda the point that we can't reach ultimate survivor for the gold weapons.  Hunters need to stop the complaining and get good.

What do you mean by ultimate survivor for gold weapons ? If its not dying more than 3 times against the NH (idk i read somewhere that thats how it works maybe wrong ?) its doable more doable in 1v1 than +. I already got some gold weapons this way but always the same ex: 2 gold smackhamers (btw really shame you cant use a blueprint on that one) 

Ps: its about ranks apparently tou have to be underdog to start looting them from the game (im a runner right now thats why) 

Edited by NikoTosic

21 hours ago, Illenic said:

It appears these hunters were complaining so much that they wanted humans to be completely defenseless i.e. uv spit...stood on UV flairs and jumped into the water and still got pounced.  I've gotten pounced literally a second after the spit hit me. It is boring as hunters are salivating over leveling up 3-4 accounts.

i see....

this community doesn't seem to understand...

in games, people will always flock towards the most overpowered items/weapons. for example, in overwatch people play junkrat, in battlefield people spam grenades, etc. you all shouldnt complain when a hunter uses a well known tactic. its literally human instinct to win, and some people will use any means necessary. if the hunter/human is playing dirty, that gives you the right to play dirty

for example - i was playing hunter and went up against a particular dfa spammer one time. i'd be fine with dfa, but this dude only killed me with dfa. so, i busted out the ol' gp spam and cucked this dude into the seventh dimension and got a pretty satisfying message. 

if hunter is spamming spits, use shield ( i think shield still blocks? i dont really play human and havent seen that much shield action gameplay but idk) if hunter is spamming horde spit, hide in water, use camo, hide on buildings. you all say these things dont work, but have you actually tried? same with uv spit. just quickly equip flare then look behind for quick animation. if the hunter got you then you were too slow. 

even the animation hold is counter-able. if hunter uses spit, misses, pounces to ensure spit, you can quickly equip flare and get one ready. you have about half a second to do this and sometimes it will fail, but you just have to accept it and move on.

that brings me to another topic, guaranteed kills. listen, not every kill is guaranteed. everything in this game has a counter, no exception. if you lost, its because you didn't take advantage of the counter or you were countered and didnt adapt. improvise, adapt, overcome. words to live by when playing night hunter or human.

using words from before, the night hunter now has the slight advantage. this is only a number, by the way. around 90% of the time, stats are wrong so instead of crying in the forums why dont yall just play the game and settle it like a true gamer. 

also, didnt i tell you the definition of insanity?

its doing the same thing, over and over, expecting a different outcome. 

Edited by lemonlover996

11 hours ago, lemonlover996 said:

i see....

this community doesn't seem to understand...

in games, people will always flock towards the most overpowered items/weapons. for example, in overwatch people play junkrat, in battlefield people spam grenades, etc. you all shouldnt complain when a hunter uses a well known tactic. its literally human instinct to win, and some people will use any means necessary. if the hunter/human is playing dirty, that gives you the right to play dirty

for example - i was playing hunter and went up against a particular dfa spammer one time. i'd be fine with dfa, but this dude only killed me with dfa. so, i busted out the ol' gp spam and cucked this dude into the seventh dimension and got a pretty satisfying message. 

if hunter is spamming spits, use shield ( i think shield still blocks? i dont really play human and havent seen that much shield action gameplay but idk) if hunter is spamming horde spit, hide in water, use camo, hide on buildings. you all say these things dont work, but have you actually tried? same with uv spit. just quickly equip flare then look behind for quick animation. if the hunter got you then you were too slow. 

even the animation hold is counter-able. if hunter uses spit, misses, pounces to ensure spit, you can quickly equip flare and get one ready. you have about half a second to do this and sometimes it will fail, but you just have to accept it and move on.

that brings me to another topic, guaranteed kills. listen, not every kill is guaranteed. everything in this game has a counter, no exception. if you lost, its because you didn't take advantage of the counter or you were countered and didnt adapt. improvise, adapt, overcome. words to live by when playing night hunter or human.

using words from before, the night hunter now has the slight advantage. this is only a number, by the way. around 90% of the time, stats are wrong so instead of crying in the forums why dont yall just play the game and settle it like a true gamer. 

also, didnt i tell you the definition of insanity?

its doing the same thing, over and over, expecting a different outcome. 

Some things I agree with you with, some I don't.

It is human instinct to win as that is pretty much the point of any objective based gamemode. So dirty tricks or tactics that are common should be expect and be played around. I'll be honest when this update was up I was happy as its not a curbstomp when a Hunter is a fighting a Human and loses, yet as time went on we then realized how strong of an update this was towards Hunter. It is very unbalanced. Spits are too easy to uses for low skilled players, and the high skilled players know how to abuse them to the point where you can barely do anything about it. The only way to pretty much be a Hunter is playing in a 2v1 so that the effects of 3v1 and 4v1 are not there. 1v1 is a mess because if you're hit by UV Spit its pretty much a guaranteed death with no way to counter. 3v1 and 4v1 is just way to chaotic as they are spits left and right with barely any safe openings to even engage the Hunter, and on top of the fact that he regenerates spits and shield like no tomorrow makes it even more difficult cause he can just heal back up, run away, or lock you place with the animation of pouncing, or tackle.

There is a reason spits have only two charges (depending on which you use), these things are very dangerous as losing you UV Light, or having insta kill bombers appear from the from the map, from the ground, or even goddamn, unfairly teleport to you. These spits before were hard to aim, and I'll admit it was rather disappointing to see a new player miss 24/7 and not learn how to aim, or use them; but with the auto-balance mechanic and with this update it makes it that something that is this dangerous is now easy to use for all skill levels of players. We might as well go back to spamming flares again for this kind of chupacabra.

The Shield still does work, but its just bad to use in general. It leaves you open for tackles, GPs, and pounces since the shield can't block them; even if someone manages to block the spit they have to wait out its animation which leaves you unable to do anything (i.e. switch weapons, equipment, move around, etc).

Some people are don't have that much experience, and are of course whining, but there are others here who have spent the time and effort into this game which we enjoy, and put our opinions not for whining, but to help make this game balance overall. Stats are also important because it allows us to see many variables with this game. Unfortunately we have no way to see who does what with anything, only Techland knows.

I think this video helps alot with this stuff, and it is a different game, but the same concept should apply:

On 1/22/2018 at 0:27 PM, elle said:

all legendary 250s are not ultimate survivors.

Mans got a good point. Plus most legend lvl 250s cheated their way up to that level anyways. It really isn't hard. I see people with less than 100 hours in the game at legend lvl 250 all the time.

I'm ready for this horrible update to be fixed. I played as the hunter for over a year and thought it was already over powering. I don't mind how the light drains faster and doesnt have the distance it used to have. But being able to rain death has been a challenge. I maybe land 1 a day now where I was able to get at least 1 a match if not more. I think it needed to be toned down a little but not as bad as you guys made it. DFA makes the game fun.  I almost wish the game had where we could just fight the hunter and not have to deal with the nest.

7 hours ago, Deadeye195 said:

But being able to rain death has been a challenge.  I think it needed to be toned down a little but not as bad as you guys made it. DFA makes the game fun. 

The height increase to be able to pull off a dfa was definitely needed, but reducing the grab reach definitely was going too far. Auto coursing (auto aim for soft landings) still exists and because of it landing dfas is almost impossible to do because most of the time your being thrown away from the hunter.

14 hours ago, Soulborn141 said:

The height increase to be able to pull off a dfa was definitely needed, but reducing the grab reach definitely was going too far. Auto coursing (auto aim for soft landings) still exists and because of it landing dfas is almost impossible to do because most of the time your being thrown away from the hunter.

I agree. It was to easy to jump short distances to dfa on hunter. I played my son just to goof off and practice. I couldn't land anything unless I looked straight at him and landed dead on him. If you are not precise you will miss and die instantly. They have giving the hunter toy many instant deaths and took away the only instant death we have. Well besides spikes and they have that to plus 2 spits every 30 seconds. I played as the hunter last night. Because playing the other side sucks now. Me and a friend played for 30 mins and it gave me over 60 spits. That is just stupid. He stood no chance.

Edited by Deadeye195
Misspelled dfa and said dad :)