James Gallagher

Welcome to the Official Pure Farming Forum

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the official Pure Farming forum!

This is a place for you to to exchange opinions and thoughts about Pure Farming as we get closer to release on March 13, 2018 - and beyond.

As the forum grows we will add sub-topics depending on what the community needs.

Just a few rules before you dive in:

  • Be civil.

Address others as you would like others to address you. Respect the staff and other posters. No profanity, insults, and harassment are allowed under any circumstances.

  • Stay on topic.

If you wish to discuss something off-topic, start a thread in a proper section of the forum, or use private messages. Before starting a thread, use the search function to check if your concern/question has already been discussed.

  • Be constructive.

We welcome any feedback, even negative, as long as it's constructive. Always substantiate your position with arguments.  Remember that being constructive and civil improves the visibility of your posts with our staff.

  • Keep your posts meaningful.

Do your best to add to the discussion. In a vast majority of cases posts like '+1', 'LOL', etc. are not considered meaningful contributions. Also, while no one is going to ban you for walls of text or spelling errors, running a quick spell-check and proper paragraphing will do wonders for the reception of your posts.

  • Be responsible.

You are a member of a community. You provide content for others. If you notice any harmful practices, please report them to a moderator or a community manager using provided report function.

 

This forum is moderated and frequently viewed by Techland staff members who will react to any violations of the above rules. Bear in mind that these are just guidelines for proper behavior on the forums and are by no means exhaustive. Refer to your common sense and remember that the moderators and community managers are the last instance in unsettled disputes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine Thank you, and now we wait for the game to see how it's going, its faults and its good as well and especially enjoy the game with others already eager to have it ... I have a question because they only opened. beta for pc and not on consoles ?? I expected an open beta to test the game on xbox !!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leytonbertie said:

when o when will the disc version be able preorder not everybody trusts digital

the disc version maybe depends on the stores I personally prefer to digitally so I have it and I would never lose it or the album would be scratched but it is the preference of each one I imagine that in a few weeks before the release it will be for pre order physical:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, leytonbertie said:

when o when will the disc version be able preorder not everybody trusts digital

For me Steam is the only way to go as I travel the world between the US and Germany- plus it is easier for me to maintain the games for my live streams and Let's Plays if everything is placed in one easy area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,  i have been looking over your machinery/equipment for the game,  will there be any John Deere, Case IH , New Holland etc added in the future or is this just a partial list?   thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know, it's still not clear if mods are even supported. I have not heard or read a clear yes or no in this regard. Personally, I hope, if not on release then hopefully in the future. The same, of course, I hope for a multiplayer;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Deejoo said:

As far as I know, it's still not clear if mods are even supported. I have not heard or read a clear yes or no in this regard. Personally, I hope, if not on release then hopefully in the future. The same, of course, I hope for a multiplayer;)

Hey there, we will be supporting mods - and we'll be sharing news soon on exactly how that will work. 

On 13/01/2018 at 10:42 PM, eliminator said:

hi,  i have been looking over your machinery/equipment for the game,  will there be any John Deere, Case IH , New Holland etc added in the future or is this just a partial list?   thanks

This is a partial list and we are always talking to new manufacturers to get them on board. We're also planning to add new machines after launch. So while we can't mention brands that we are still in discussions with, we can tell you that's we're adding more to the game all the time. 

On 12/01/2018 at 6:33 PM, leytonbertie said:

when o when will the disc version be able preorder not everybody trusts digital

The game will be available on disc for all platforms on the same day - March 13, 2018. You'll be able to buy it at all the usual good retailers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James Gallagher said:

Hey there, we will be supporting mods - and we'll be sharing news soon on exactly how that will work. 

Great news. Thank you. A very important feature and great that it will be included in Release. I'm looking forward to more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi had a couple of questions regarding the game:

1. Will there be online coop/multiplayer?

2. Will there be AI besides hired help? In other words will there be an AI community, like farmers (farmers usually rely alot on each other) and producers of goods etc around to interact with? (Would be fun to be able to drive product over to a producer directly or head into town for stuff).

3.  How in-depth and engaging will the farming life cycle be? Will there be a dynamic seed market etc which influences your crop selection? Maybe you want to invest in a wider range of lesser quality crops and go for quantity or focus on a single high quality crop. It would also be fun if you could take on challenges and contracts. For example: say with a supermarket to produce x amount of product x with a quality rating higher than x. And maybe the ability to generate your own seed lines say if you have a particulary good yield or good quality of crops some time and want to save that for later. It would be interesting if you could crossbreed crops to get them to share characteristics and create the perfect crop. Organic vs non-organic Mechanics like that would really add some depth to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone I almost made a mistake and bought a game called Real Farm mainly because I thought it was Pure Farming. I'm not trying to promote or advertise any content but I'm new to farming games and I'm currently playing my second farm game on PS4 called Farming Simulator 17. I have been watching videos of Pure Farming and the game looks amazing I hope I have some money saved so that I can pre-order this game. If you're looking to play on PS4 my gamertag is fro226 I'm really hoping this game will be exactly what I'm looking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good day friend, well look this game I also hope it is better or equal to fs17 I think both will be in the big market but it is always good to give the opportunity to new games new creative companies so my friend have almost two months to save and buy it I have many good hopes in this game and I will bet everything for puree farming 2018:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See a view Posts above :D

On 15.1.2018 at 1:31 PM, James Gallagher said:

Hey there, we will be supporting mods - and we'll be sharing news soon on exactly how that will work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for starting the forum - and, most importantly, producing the game!   Looking forward to March.

 A question that I've not seen answered previously, maybe I've missed it - is there any indication how long we will need to be at the starter farm in Montana before being able to branch out overseas?  I'm really looking forward to farming unusual (for farming sims) crops - coffee, rice, grapes, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2018 at 0:30 PM, newthog said:

Thanks for starting the forum - and, most importantly, producing the game!   Looking forward to March.

 A question that I've not seen answered previously, maybe I've missed it - is there any indication how long we will need to be at the starter farm in Montana before being able to branch out overseas?  I'm really looking forward to farming unusual (for farming sims) crops - coffee, rice, grapes, etc.

Hey there! So this one really depends on the game mode you're playing in. In My First Farm, which you can think of as the campaign mode, you're guided through all aspects of farming and it is some way in that you start to expand overseas.

In Free Farming you have total control, so you can even choose which farm you start on. But most players will probably start in Montana and then head overseas once they've get a few crops growing and some money coming in.

Farming Challenges - the third mode - are set across different locations and each take about an hour each, so they a good and fairly quick way to explore each of the farms and their unique crops.

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Enka said:

Really. You just ignore all the other questions? Not even a "I'm sorry, I can' answer that right now?".

I felt he answered the question- he can either go to any map he wants in Free Farming- or if he plays the campaign mode it takes longer as you have to progress all the tutorial missions, (which by what it sounds like above), will include a mission (s) to expand overseas. So everyone will progress differently depending on how quick you do missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Akiic_ToDaHead said:

I felt he answered the question- he can either go to any map he wants in Free Farming- or if he plays the campaign mode it takes longer as you have to progress all the tutorial missions, (which by what it sounds like above), will include a mission (s) to expand overseas. So everyone will progress differently depending on how quick you do missions.

No, I get that. But I asked a bunch of questions days before that and they just bluntly get ignored like I never asked. Not even a response explaining he cannot answer them for whatever reason if that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Enka said:

No, I get that. But I asked a bunch of questions days before that and they just bluntly get ignored like I never asked. Not even a response explaining he cannot answer them for whatever reason if that is the case.

Ah- I missed that- my apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2018 at 11:32 PM, Enka said:

Hi had a couple of questions regarding the game:

1. Will there be online coop/multiplayer?

2. Will there be AI besides hired help? In other words will there be an AI community, like farmers (farmers usually rely alot on each other) and producers of goods etc around to interact with? (Would be fun to be able to drive product over to a producer directly or head into town for stuff).

3.  How in-depth and engaging will the farming life cycle be? Will there be a dynamic seed market etc which influences your crop selection? Maybe you want to invest in a wider range of lesser quality crops and go for quantity or focus on a single high quality crop. It would also be fun if you could take on challenges and contracts. For example: say with a supermarket to produce x amount of product x with a quality rating higher than x. And maybe the ability to generate your own seed lines say if you have a particulary good yield or good quality of crops some time and want to save that for later. It would be interesting if you could crossbreed crops to get them to share characteristics and create the perfect crop. Organic vs non-organic Mechanics like that would really add some depth to the game.

Hey, sorry just getting to this -

1. Currently the game is single-player but multiplayer is something we're exploring.

2. In My First Farm mode, which is like the campaign, there are other farmers who you will offer you jobs for extra cash - kind of like side quests. It might be to water their orchards because their workers let them down, or deliver a harvest of pears into town to sell. And yes you'll be heading into town to sell crops directly to customers, such as hotels in Italy that will buy your olives, and a dairy in Montana that will buy milk.

3. The dynamic market affects your selling price rather than the price of seeds, so you might decide to focus on one crop that is selling at a high price, but there's always the risk that prices could drop by the time you've harvested. Looking after your crops well -- i.e. choosing to cultivate the field, watering properly and fertilizing -- generally results in a higher yield, so more crops to sell rather than better quality crops. We don't currently have anything like crossbreeding of crops, but we're definitely open to suggestions for updates in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now