Sign in to follow this  
James Gallagher

Gun Silencer available now

Update your game and go to your Quartermaster to get the free Gun Silencer Blueprints — which have been added to Dying Light by popular demand.

The silencer doesn’t break and it has no cool down, so you can use it as much as you like. It does require special Subsonic Ammo, which you can find by looting police vans around Harran.

This is much needed but I feel could go further my suggestions for guns are:

• All guns are legendary (orange) 
  • Camo's and engravings (golden, engraved, spray paint ect) don't affect the weapons damage.
  • You can add and remove the silencer in game by holding X and selecting the option. Similar to how you change the type of arrows for bows. (Xbox one) 
  • You can add and remove multiple attachments to guns including laser sights (improved hipfire accuracy and can be toggled on and off) scopes (6x 12x variable zoom, Holographic, Red dot and ACOG) extended Mags, dual Mags (for a quicker reload), Advanced Receiver (increased damage, accuracy and rate of fire), silencers (which can be removed and reattached at will using the previous bullet point and don't require different ammo but when attached reduces damage and range).
  • Have a separate gun crafting menu in which the weapon is displayed and you can select what attachments to add/craft from this menu. You can also add/craft camo's/rare paint jobs from this menu similar to how the buggy paint job and parts menu operates.
  • Rusted magnums are renamed as standard magnums (Rusted Six shooter-Six Shooter) as they aren't actually rusted and standard magnums becomes engraved (Six Shooter-Engraved Six shooter) as they look more fancy.
  • Two sniper rifles types (Bolt action-slower rate of fire but higher damage) (semi automatic- faster rate of fire lower damage).
  • Explosive and incendiary ammo types can be found but are very rare.
  • More gun paints and camo's.
  • Possibly bayonets

I spent 6 hours trying to find Subsonic ammo all i found was police vans with no doors they need to add Ssa(Subsonic ammo)blueprints so you can craft it or add it to the shops at a higher price than normal ammo here is an example. (normal pistol ammo $50 Subsonic ammo $150

This DLC is just very disappointing. Between Content Drop #1 and to now this was the best that can be thought of? Now I am not saying that the inclusion of a suppressor isn't a bad thing, but the final product just...sucks. Just finding ammo for this gun is a severe pain as it's just too rare to find. You'll run out of ammo for these guns before you can even have fun with it. The Bow and Crossbow are better silent killers overall than these guns as ammo isn't something someone should worry about. The design of the suppressor sucks hard. It is a neat idea that its looks like something crafted in order to make a makeshift suppressor, but you can't even accurately aim down with the gun as the size of it blocks most of your view. Please redesign it. Also a craftable Suppressor would be nice as well so that you would have to take either using alot of resource for stealth, or other things.

Also why can't other guns have a suppressor to? Why is it just the pistols? Really doesn't make sense, and what kills it even further is the fact during the story Crane does mention a suppressor for the gunsmith mission and this would've a been perfect place to put these blueprints along with the Angle Sword blueprint.

There is also a bug that when you find subsonic ammo in police vans, the vans that you found them in no longer give items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGz1FklPwzk

Actually, its good that the ammo is rare.Otherwise, silenced weapons would break the game completely.I think, the camouflage ability is good enough for stealth players.

On 12/21/2017 at 4:51 PM, Dontbugme1 said:

I spent 6 hours trying to find Subsonic ammo all i found was police vans with no doors they need to add Ssa(Subsonic ammo)blueprints so you can craft it or add it to the shops at a higher price than normal ammo here is an example. (normal pistol ammo $50 Subsonic ammo $150

I also spent tons of time looking for it and didnt find anything.  I also agree it should be sold in shops but it shouldnt be too expensive and we should also be able to craft it.  That or be able to use regular bullets.  I understand in real life you need subsonic ammo but i think we can drop that aspect..i mean we have a grappling hook that can fling us all over the place so realism isnt always the way to go

Are guns still broken? Been a while since I played but I recall how gold tier guns did less damage than lower color tiers at higher power levels. Is this still an issue?

EDIT: btw, anyone else miss elemental guns from Dead Island? I wonder if copyright issues or simply realism are reasons why Techland doesn’t revisit those types of firearms.

Edited by PJTHINES

On 4/2/2018 at 0:29 AM, PJTHINES said:

Are guns still broken? Been a while since I played but I recall how gold tier guns did less damage than lower color tiers at higher power levels. Is this still an issue?

EDIT: btw, anyone else miss elemental guns from Dead Island? I wonder if copyright issues or simply realism are reasons why Techland doesn’t revisit those types of firearms.

The issue is that if they put an elemental on the weapon, it would have infinite ammo. They could have made special blueprints you find in game that can create elemental bullets though such as freezing bullets, toxic bullets, impact bullets, similar to the bozak and xbow arrows/bolts,  but I don't think they thought about this. 

EDIT: Also could have been left out for balancing reasons in PvP.

Edited by Renfur

Guns are not overpowered when it takes like 4 or 5 headshots to kill just one of the prisonguards and you 're out of ammo even before you reach the first checkpoint. If shooting a zombie wasnt so damn cool id say guns were pretty useless.