I30R6

Just some questions

Hi,

Just three simple questions:

Is the developer tool available for the GOG Version?

Is it possible to copy the save files from my GOG version to the Steam Version if i buy it too?

Is it possible to export the ingame Files (3D Meshes, Textures, etc) from the Developer Toolkit to use them inside another game engine like Unreal4?

best regards
I30R6

1 - better ask gog or tweet the devs until they answer. they rarely show up here 

2 - probably, because you can move a project folder in and out of the dev tool's workshop folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\DevTools\workshop) and still open it in the tools

3 - i dont know

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer :)
1. yeah i asked the Techland Support and got a support ticket.
2. I dont mean save files from the devtools, i mean the normal save files from the campaign. In dont want to play everything again on the steam version, if i need to change from gog to steam.
3. Did you never tried to export something? I know from the youtube tutorials videos, it is possible to import own 3d models, is there maybe a export button or anything?

best regards
I30R6

2 - idk either.

3 - like i said dunno. i'm not into customizing and 3d models. i think you might not be able to export, maybe due to copyright? but idk. wait till someone else replies; you'll probably get a better answer. :)

Hi,

3:

There was some fbx export plugin in the beta tools but i don ´t know if rigged meshes were exportable with this pluging, maybe just basic meshes.

Now the tools doesn’t have this exporter

anymore.

Someone exported Kyle Crane and Jade

into L4 Dead but i don ´t know how.

There ´s no  possibilities to export meshes

easily from Dying Light.

Also Models creation cost a lot of money

so Game studios don ´t want that users export assets into other games.

When you install any game you accept the agreement licence so those materials are copyrighted.

But you can extract models with rippers or with photogrammetry techniques

if there ´s no other way of doing it but don ´t share any asset that you extracted since

this is not legal.

Except if the company allowed this.

Wow an fbx exporter would be so awsome. Anyway/Anywhere i can download the beta tools? I dont need rigging skeletons or any other animation stuff, i want export the slum architecture to use it maybe for a distopic cyperpunk VR. Just a little project i try to realize in Unreal4. Everything 100% non commercial and just for myself to play and lern, how to work with UE4. Im not sure but i think it isn't illegal in this way. :unsure:

I didn't worked with ripper tools or something like that bevor, Nina:ph34r: Ripper looks really powerfull, but very annoying too. Download every single model and texture, and edit everything inside a CAD/CGI tool. Its a lot of work :(
Do someone know a way to export a complet level inclusiv the objekt hierachies and histories? Like a fbx eporter would do it. Or any solution to crack the game files? They are all zipped in rpack files typs and i dont know, how to extract them :( 

Sorry but the closed beta tools are not available anymore cause it was a steam key and now it ´s not downable anymore

i should have made a backup but the tools are way better than before just some features were removed like fbx exporter

and minimap but for other things it is better now.

Now for rpack archives they seems to be zlib type but the only partial unpacker was made for dead island and you could not extract msh models with it, just textures and scripts and maybe some sounds.

There ´s many free models to pickup on the net so maybe this will be easier than

ripping Dying Light meshes.

But one day will come when you learned ue4 when you will need to make or buy

meshes if you want to sell a game cause many free meshes are stolen from games

and all your efforts could be ruined if one day your team would sell a game that contain such models.

So as i heard, once you become skilled in

ue4 you probably will need to work with a team if you plan to create a game then make other better games that could be sold.

So it is a good idea to pickup meshes and 

learn ue4 for now ;)