Omni

Should the Reward System Be Modified?

Hello everyone

I recently thought of a rather interesting idea that deviates from the instant tackle debate or the ground pound spit concerns. This idea concerns the reward system after you win an invasion match as a human. I would like to hear what people think about this idea, so please, give your honest opinion if you would like to.

The current reward system seems rather outdated/useless for most veteran players. Winning gold weapons after a match really isn't all that useful anymore due to most players having a huge player stash of weapons from invasion matches. For me personally and for the majority of players that I play with, all of them toss their won weapons immedietally after a match or just end up selling them. Typically, most veteran players have one or two weapons that they will use every single match because they personally prefer using that weapon during invasions rendering all other weapons they have in their stash/inventory pretty much useless. I feel as if the reward system needs to change so that winning an invasion match feels well... more rewarding.

Since duping has been patched (thank you guys for patching it seriously) everyone must craft their own materials or get them from other people. In order to make this easier and for the game to feel more rewarding, instead of winning gold weapons from a match, why not a bunch of medkits/flares/equipment? I feel like this would match the upkeep for using these items during an invasion match. 

Or perhaps you could win a mix of weapons and equipment

For example, the higher rank the hunter, the more items you would win. I haven't thought of the exact numbers though. 

However, I understand some of you might feel differently about this. It doesn't have to be exactly like how I said it, I just wanted to get the general idea out there, let me know what you guys think about this as I feel this would only benefit the invasion mode in this game.

This was a concern of ours as well.  Players are gifted flares and medkits on respawn in btz...perhaps it's not enough? Maybe we just need to gift more?

The gold weapons are primarily an incentive for new players.  I'm sure you can remember playing your first few BTZ matches.... Invasions can have a bit of a learning curve.  That can dissuade some players from attempting to play.  We hoped dangling a carrot like this would help new players play long enough to understand the game mechanics.  By the time they get their gold weapon they should understand the basics, and we have hopefully won over a new player to our BTZ/Invasion community! :)

I was thinking that maybe would could put regular items and/or craftable items (Medkits, electronics, Grenades, etc) in the reward system, but in much larger quantities. Another thing that could be changed is for every weapon to have a chance at being gold and having more variety of weapons as well. I am sick and tired of getting another Battle Axe, Skullmace, or any other goddamn fantasy weapon for the 10,000th time (Happens only PC, I don't know about Console). They were nice at the very beginning, but lose value incredibly fast and only serve to be sold or tossed at enemies. Having every single other weapon to have the possibility to be gold would be a nice incentive and maybe even have them for equipment weapons (UV Light, Hook) and for guns would be also nice as it adds an official value to it instead of getting a scripted one with stupid, infinite ammo or some other BS. I would also like to mention that some weapons are just impossible to obtain anymore since the Legend Rank has been introduced (Dark Machetes, Dark Sickles, etc) plus some other weird and cool looking weapons; it would be nice to see those in the reward pool as well.

Variants of this idea have been brought up in exchanges about duping, concerning weapons, potions, medkits, Zaid etc. a year ago iirc. Same for the variety of weapons and their "goldability". :D I could get behind such changes easily, especially if the hunter would see some love in terms of their preferences and playing style (i.e. could we see a skill set and corresponding ability tree perhaps for stealthy types, aggressive tactical playing styles, skin type and color etc.), which I know was never in the cards but folks can dream, right?