Abody

Possible Be The Zombie Mode Exploits?

Hey, so I recently watched a video about Be the Zombie mode and I realized, couldn't it be exploited? For example, what would happen if one of them suddenly disconnects or if  the person being the zombie was friends with the player and more or less just joins to give him the ingredients and not attack the player at all? Not sure if exploit but what if someone just played the game offline so they don't get invaded only going online when he wants the ingredients? Also, is there even like an option to pick if you can be invaded? Like can it be set to friends only or something? Is there any systems in place to stop people from exploiting it?

Im pretty mad that they made somethings exclusive to multiplayer that affect singleplayer. I have no interest in mutiplayer at all and I really hope there is a turnoff for this or I will have to get offline everytime I play this game. I have no idea why companies keep pushing multiplayer on people who dont want it.

But anyways, you make a great point. This can be exploited pretty easily. All you need is 2 friends and they can play and kill each other over and over again and grind the rewards.

Did I mention Im mad about this? Yeah Im mad.

Edited by igottapi4

Hey, so I recently watched a video about Be the Zombie mode and I realized, couldn't it be exploited? For example, what would happen if one of them suddenly disconnects or if  the person being the zombie was friends with the player and more or less just joins to give him the ingredients and not attack the player at all? Not sure if exploit but what if someone just played the game offline so they don't get invaded only going online when he wants the ingredients? Also, is there even like an option to pick if you can be invaded? Like can it be set to friends only or something? Is there any systems in place to stop people from exploiting it?

Yes you can turn it off. Also any thing can be exploited some will exploit some will play the game as it is intended to be played. In each and every game there ever will be there will be cheaters and scammers.

Im pretty mad that they made somethings exclusive to multiplayer that affect singleplayer. I have no interest in mutiplayer at all and I really hope there is a turnoff for this or I will have to get offline everytime I play this game. I have no idea why companies keep pushing multiplayer on people who dont want it.

But anyways, you make a great point. This can be exploited pretty easily. All you need is 2 friends and they can play and kill each other over and over again and grind the rewards.

Did I mention Im mad about this? Yeah Im mad.

Yes you can turn it off. It's ok to be mad man just make sure you have the facts on you'r side before hand.

Yes you can turn it off. Also any thing can be exploited some will exploit some will play the game as it is intended to be played. In each and every game there ever will be there will be cheaters and scammers.

Yes you can turn it off. It's ok to be mad man just make sure you have the facts on you'r side before hand.

Its good that we can turn it off but thats not what Im mad about. Im mad because I dont play multiplayer, and because of that there are things I wont be able to experience. Thing that will affect single player. Thats what Im mad about. That is something they really shouldnt have done.

Its good that we can turn it off but thats not what Im mad about. Im mad because I dont play multiplayer, and because of that there are things I wont be able to experience. Thing that will affect single player. Thats what Im mad about. That is something they really shouldnt have done.

You dont have xbox live or ps online?.

You dont have xbox live or ps online?.

Nope and dont plan on getting either. I dont like multiplayer at all. Thats why Im mad. I'll be missing parts of the games because of this. If games want to have multiplayer thats great but when they force it on singleplayer gameplay, its just bad. I didnt mind it on Watchdogs cause I would miss nothing of the single player experience, so I just turned it off and moved on, but in this game we are missing stuff if we dont participate.

You can play the whole game start to finish, either single player or with 1-3 friends(multiplayer), the story doesn't change with the number of players

Who are you talking to? I don't think anyone mentioned the story changing with the number of players? 

I doubt the ingredients will be game shattering lol, plus im sure there are other ways to acquire them

Actually, the developers themselves said that there are rare ingredients you can ONLY get when invaded by the night hunter.

Well, then I suppose im glad I have ps+ lol

Some people aren't so lucky as to have PS+ although I guess if their computer is powerful enough they could just get it on steam which is more or less free when it comes to online services. Also, please remember to quote future posts that you reply to, it confuses me sometimes as to who you were trying to speak to.

Actually, the developers themselves said that there are rare ingredients you can ONLY get when invaded by the night hunter.

This is true and level up you're  zombie. I forget diden't they also say you get  rare ingredients for wining as a zombie too pluss zombie upgrades.

Well, then I suppose im glad I have ps+ lol

Yea i'm glad i have xbox live. {offtopic} but i wish they gave us better games with gold for xbox1 :( .

Not just ingredients but weapons and blueprints that will use those ingredients. That IMO is a pretty big thing to miss.

Yeah? Why else would ingredients be important if it wasn't for weapons or blueprints?

To be exact in what that guy said, there are x ingredients that you can only get by defeating the hunter, and x weapons that you can only get by taking part in those missions. Can someone tell me how is that not missing out on singleplayer by not participating on multiplayer.

This shouldn't have been done or they should have still allowed singleplayers to get the ingredients/weapons some other way.

To be exact in what that guy said, there are x ingredients that you can only get by defeating the hunter, and x weapons that you can only get by taking part in those missions. Can someone tell me how is that not missing out on singleplayer by not participating on multiplayer.

This shouldn't have been done or they should have still allowed singleplayers to get the ingredients/weapons some other way.

Yes you are missing out. And it was a mistake from them to not think about the people who don't or cant play online. But it's a damned if you do damned if you don't for developers.

Edited by Uncle Pappy

Yes you are missing out. And it was a mistake from them to not think about the people who don't or cant play online. But it's a damned if you do damned if you don't for developers.

Not really. Its as easy as not doing it. If they wanted ingredients/weapons to be in multiplayer than they could have just kept it on the exclusively on the multiplayer and not combine it at all with the single player.

I just don't get the obsession with multiplayer and all online games. Specially when you count all the time Xbox and PS have been hacked this year and be offline for days. Like the news that Dead Island 2 is gonna be a fully multiplayer game with no storyline. There are very few games that hit the top 10 for its multiplying capabilities. Heck, one of the reasons people didn't like Dead Island was for its weak storyline, to now not have any storyline at all wont be good news for the game at all.

Another thing is the fact that Be The Zombie is a preorder exclusive. I don't think they have even said it will be for sale afterwards. That in itself will limit how many people are actually able to participate in it. And what happens when a few months go by and very few people are playing multiplayer like it happens in every game and getting the Hunter in the game for you to even kill is an even rarer event?

This feature was not though out very well IMO.

Not really. Its as easy as not doing it. If they wanted ingredients/weapons to be in multiplayer than they could have just kept it on the exclusively on the multiplayer and not combine it at all with the single player.

I just don't get the obsession with multiplayer and all online games. Specially when you count all the time Xbox and PS have been hacked this year and be offline for days. Like the news that Dead Island 2 is gonna be a fully multiplayer game with no storyline. There are very few games that hit the top 10 for its multiplying capabilities. Heck, one of the reasons people didn't like Dead Island was for its weak storyline, to now not have any storyline at all wont be good news for the game at all.

Another thing is the fact that Be The Zombie is a preorder exclusive. I don't think they have even said it will be for sale afterwards. That in itself will limit how many people are actually able to participate in it. And what happens when a few months go by and very few people are playing multiplayer like it happens in every game and getting the Hunter in the game for you to even kill is an even rarer event?

Honestly I'm pretty sure the pre-order bonus is more or less just getting the dlc early, I've seen a lot of games with pre-order only bonus dlc that release later as normal DLC, guess we just have to wait and see.

Honestly I'm pretty sure the pre-order bonus is more or less just getting the dlc early, I've seen a lot of games with pre-order only bonus dlc that release later as normal DLC, guess we just have to wait and see.

Yes this if the case i am thinking.

This is what i'm going to do. Soon as i get the game i'm going to  play be the zombie mode. Get my zombie to max level and then play story.

This is what i'm going to do. Soon as i get the game i'm going to  play be the zombie mode. Get my zombie to max level and then play story.

I think the best way to do it is the other way around, you'd have the be the zombie dlc so you'd be able to play the zombie at any time but the other pre-orderers who have the dlc might leave by the time you finish up with your zombie playthrough plus you never know if its gonna cause any spoilers so honestly I'd recommend playing through the story first so you may get invaded from time to time and to be sure your game doesn't get spoiled.

I think the best way to do it is the other way around, you'd have the be the zombie dlc so you'd be able to play the zombie at any time but the other pre-orderers who have the dlc might leave by the time you finish up with your zombie playthrough plus you never know if its gonna cause any spoilers so honestly I'd recommend playing through the story first so you may get invaded from time to time and to be sure your game doesn't get spoiled.

Good idea also i can collect items from  the spechal zombies. Or i can do a little of both