Sign in to follow this  
mikroni

Night hunter need a potential buff

Let's compare the night hunter with the survivors to see if you see where the superiority of the nh with respect to the survivors :

- The night hunter can use his spit after a great period of regeneration. Survivors can use ultraviolet flares, medical kits, bombs, grenades, etc. as often as they like without having to wait for any cooling

- Survivors can make continuous spamming of airborne kicks, airborne deaths, tackles, weapon launches ... without assuming any risk and without the possibility that the hunter dodges any ability. The night hunter can only take blows that do practically no damage compared to what they do to you at one stroke, tackles that can dodge without any problem and make them ahead, behind, sideways or even climbing, and a Land blow which if you fail you're dead

- The only way to win today with the night hunter is to take advantage of the mistakes they make while playing. If they do not make any mistakes they will not have any problem in destroying the nests without that nothing can be done. This shows that because of the skill of the hunters, a survivor if he does not make a mistake does not have to die once

Well, where is the superiority of the hunter to the survivors? In the speed of movement maybe ?. The night hunter would have to be the most powerful zombie and is nothing more than a joke that can be defeated very easily. Increase HP, damage your abilities, allow you to block or dodge skills such as aerial kick and aerial death, add some useful skill and not another stupid spit that are worth more than to try to make them dizzy. And to see if we cut a little bit to the survivors, that they if they can make spam of each and every one of its resources

you are right mikroni. Human can make a couple of mistakes and still destroy the nests. Hunter can play perfectly and take 6-7 lives from human, then autobalance kicks in and one mistake equals 2 destroyed nests Because by the time you respawn human will destroy one nest and is very close to the next. UV is so ridiculously strong that hunter can't even get close to human without losing energy which allows human for destroying another nest. If you are playing good for the first 10 minutes and take 6-7 lifes from humans, you can't put your guard off because of the autobalance. You have to be even more cautious because even smallest mistakes are leading to death and lost nest. Human can just chill out and destroy you xD. Who i do I still play this game :)

I don't want to sound rude. But you guys should first play against really good hunters as a human and judge it afterwards. It sounds to me that you're just playing only as NH, and against good humans while you still need more experience as a hunter. There definitely are really good hunters who are extremely hard to fight, and mostly impossible to win against unless you have extremely good team with hundreds of hours into game on record. If NH is buffed just because newbie hunters complain, you're making the game for humans who are playing against really good hunters, unfair and unbalanced. You simply need more experience.

10 hours ago, BladeMaster said:

I don't want to sound rude. But you guys should first play against really good hunters as a human and judge it afterwards. It sounds to me that you're just playing only as NH, and against good humans while you still need more experience as a hunter. There definitely are really good hunters who are extremely hard to fight, and mostly impossible to win against unless you have extremely good team with hundreds of hours into game on record. If NH is buffed just because newbie hunters complain, you're making the game for humans who are playing against really good hunters, unfair and unbalanced. You simply need more experience.

You don't sound rude, you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to speak for the OP, but I'm positive EMtriX has way more hours in the game than you do, so do I and other well-known Hunters that are mostly in agreement the Hunter is on a level far below what he's required to be on in order to compete with the really good teams. Thing is, the good Hunters nowadays are at least equally as good Survivors who've pretty much faced most, if not all of the skilled Hunters, so your first point is moot.

''If NH is buffed just because newbie hunters complain, you're making the game for humans who are playing against really good hunters''

Except no newbie Hunters complain. That's part of the problem - I've only seen Survivors cry constantly about things like GP-spit, but never actually seen new Hunters complain about anything. Know why? When they play enough time and lose match after match they just drop the game. Currently the Survivor to Hunter ratio is like 10:1, it's insane how many Survivor games there are and how little Hunters still play. 

In essence, all you're talking about in your post is a mismatch - a good Hunter invading inexperienced Survivors, which isn't at all what's the issue. A Hunter that knows the game inside and out and is as skilled as possible should be able to compete with a 4-man team that is, in turn, equally as skilled and knows the game to the same extent, right? Nope. Can't stress how far from the truth that is.

Try playing Hunter more, invade very good teams and form a more relevant opinion from your better understanding of the game, because currently you just sound what you accused the two posters above you of - inexperienced.

17 hours ago, Vallon said:

You don't sound rude, you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not going to speak for the OP, but I'm positive EMtriX has way more hours in the game than you do

I don't know about that.

This is what google tells me, I hope I found the right profile. I don't wanna sound like I'm boasting, saying that I'm any better than this person or something similar, simply showing my hours. Now I have to admit that around 600-800 of my hours are from afk/idle and that most of my hours are from SP, but I still have a decent amount of experience and skill as human, of course I'm not the best human but I think I do very well compared to other best humans.

so do I and other well-known Hunters that are mostly in agreement the Hunter is on a level far below what he's required to be on in order to compete with the really good teams. Thing is, the good Hunters nowadays are at least equally as good Survivors who've pretty much faced most, if not all of the skilled Hunters, so your first point is moot.

That's a very subjective thing to say. The opposing team can also say the same thing, I've fought really good hunters with really good team, and still lost despite doing everything best we could, I'm talking about humans with hundreds/thousand+ of hours into the game. Saying that hunter is on a far below level what he's required to be in order to compete really good teams is very subjective idea as well and I definitely disagree with that. Especially if it's 1vs1, if human gets hit from spitsmash there's basically nothing a human can do after that, especially if the hunter is really good at mobilty.

''If NH is buffed just because newbie hunters complain, you're making the game for humans who are playing against really good hunters''

Except no newbie Hunters complain. That's part of the problem - I've only seen Survivors cry constantly about things like GP-spit, but never actually seen new Hunters complain about anything. Know why? When they play enough time and lose match after match they just drop the game. Currently the Survivor to Hunter ratio is like 10:1, it's insane how many Survivor games there are and how little Hunters still play. 

I guess you should try playing as human then. I constantly see hunters with few/dozen hours into the game complaining that it's unbalanced and unfair.

In essence, all you're talking about in your post is a mismatch - a good Hunter invading inexperienced Survivors, which isn't at all what's the issue. A Hunter that knows the game inside and out and is as skilled as possible should be able to compete with a 4-man team that is, in turn, equally as skilled and knows the game to the same extent, right? Nope. Can't stress how far from the truth that is.

Try playing Hunter more, invade very good teams and form a more relevant opinion from your better understanding of the game, because currently you just sound what you accused the two posters above you of - inexperienced.

Now this is really difficult topic which I rather avoid talking about. But as I said, many times I had a team of very experienced players, hundreds of hours into the game, all skilled ultimate survivors and still lost against really good hunters. Of course the hunter was smart and knew how to play well.

But I personally have no issues the way it is now. I definitely disagree that hunters need anymore buff. I have to admit that I don't play as hunter, but again, I fought really good hunters with the best survivors in my team and we still lost. I'd say it's very well balanced except 1vs1 battles, hunter has a little bit more advantage there.

On 29/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, BladeMaster said:

I have played against hunters of all kinds and all ranges including the apex. Guess what? I have defeated them without any equipment. Playing alone I have come to defeat apex range hunters without any complication. The only difference between a really good hunter and a novice hunter is the intensity and aggressiveness in the attacks. But I repeat, if you do not commit any survivor's failure to fight, you do not even have to lose a single life. Just by being attentive to your movements and having a decent reflexes you can win without any complication. The night hunter seems to me a weak zombie both when I play with him and when I play against him

11 minutes ago, mikroni said:

I have played against hunters of all kinds and all ranges including the apex. Guess what? I have defeated them without any equipment. Playing alone I have come to defeat apex range hunters without any complication. The only difference between a really good hunter and a novice hunter is the intensity and aggressiveness in the attacks. But I repeat, if you do not commit any survivor's failure to fight, you do not even have to lose a single life. Just by being attentive to your movements and having a decent reflexes you can win without any complication. The night hunter seems to me a weak zombie both when I play with him and when I play against him

That sounds like you haven't played against an actual good hunters. There are a lot of "Apex Predators" who aren't actually apex predators. They just downloaded save files so you see their rank as Apex Predator when they join, so of course you'll beat them without any effort as they play like biters. Again, I honestly don't want to sound really rude, but I'd like to see you win against good hunters like Lucas, Night Hunter, spinoza and etc, "without any equipment" and flawlessly as you described, 1vs1.

6 hours ago, BladeMaster said:

I don't know about that.

This is what google tells me, I hope I found the right profile. I don't wanna sound like I'm boasting, saying that I'm any better than this person or something similar, simply showing my hours. Now I have to admit that around 600-800 of my hours are from afk/idle and that most of my hours are from SP, but I still have a decent amount of experience and skill as human, of course I'm not the best human but I think I do very well compared to other best humans.

That's a very subjective thing to say. The opposing team can also say the same thing, I've fought really good hunters with really good team, and still lost despite doing everything best we could, I'm talking about humans with hundreds/thousand+ of hours into the game. Saying that hunter is on a far below level what he's required to be in order to compete really good teams is very subjective idea as well and I definitely disagree with that. Especially if it's 1vs1, if human gets hit from spitsmash there's basically nothing a human can do after that, especially if the hunter is really good at mobilty.

I guess you should try playing as human then. I constantly see hunters with few/dozen hours into the game complaining that it's unbalanced and unfair.

Now this is really difficult topic which I rather avoid talking about. But as I said, many times I had a team of very experienced players, hundreds of hours into the game, all skilled ultimate survivors and still lost against really good hunters. Of course the hunter was smart and knew how to play well.

But I personally have no issues the way it is now. I definitely disagree that hunters need anymore buff. I have to admit that I don't play as hunter, but again, I fought really good hunters with the best survivors in my team and we still lost. I'd say it's very well balanced except 1vs1 battles, hunter has a little bit more advantage there.

''I definitely disagree that hunters need anymore buff. I have to admit that I don't play as hunter....''

That's all I needed to know. Figures you're a Survivor-only player, just like that bo0ya guy arguing the same stuff you are.

When you start playing Hunter, know everything there is to know about it, play it to its max potential and have a better understanding of the two sides, then I'll discuss this. Right now, you're just advocating for the side you play. I won't even touch upon the fact that I've never even seen you in game, and I've pretty much played against every well-known/very good player at least once, so I'm very reluctant to believe some of the things you posted just because I'm doubtful of your perception of ''good'' and ''best''.

And seriously... telling me to ''try playing as Survivor''. I wouldn't be here writing how weak the Hunter is if I didn't have the perspective from both sides, though nowadays I find myself playing Survivor less and less because of how dumbed down and easy Techland are making it.

Edited by Vallon

24 minutes ago, Vallon said:

''I definitely disagree that hunters need anymore buff. I have to admit that I don't play as hunter....''

That's all I needed to know. Figures you're a Survivor-only player, just like that bo0ya guy arguing the same stuff you are.

When you start playing Hunter, know everything there is to know about it, play it to its max potential and have a better understanding of the two sides, then I'll discuss this. Right now, you're just advocating for the side you play. 

This simply closes my rights to complain about hunters being overpowered and survivors needing buff, I believe. But I'm not saying that. My solid opinion is that both sides are okay and neither needs buff or nerfing, which I can safely say after playing for hundreds of hours as a human.

I won't even touch upon the fact that I've never even seen you in game, and I've pretty much played against every well-known/very good player at least once, so I'm very reluctant to believe some of the things you posted just because I'm doubtful of your perception of ''good'' and ''best''.

We did play once, there was another ultimate survivor with 800 hours with me and we lost, it was 2vs1 by the way. I asked for rematch but you didn't come back, my mate was one of the best survivors by the way. He mentioned about you being so good as hunter, yet complaining on forums about how underpowered the hunter is, well seems like he was right.

And seriously... telling me to ''try playing as Survivor''. I wouldn't be here writing how weak the Hunter is if I didn't have the perspective from both sides, though nowadays I find myself playing Survivor less and less because of how dumbed down and easy Techland are making it.

I meant to say that you should try playing as human more, because it doesn't seem like you are. It truly does seem like you sure like to complain a lot though.

Edited by BladeMaster

20 hours ago, BladeMaster said:

We did play once, there was another ultimate survivor with 800 hours with me and we lost, it was 2vs1 by the way. I asked for rematch but you didn't come back, my mate was one of the best survivors by the way. He mentioned about you being so good as hunter, yet complaining on forums about how underpowered the hunter is, well seems like he was right.

Ah yeah, I think I remember now that you mentioned you wanted a rematch and I refused, was a few weeks ago or so, I believe. 

Without trying to sound the least bit offensive or arrogant, I can tell you that you two were in no way even close to the really good Survivors in the game. Above average, sure, but anything more? Nope. That's why you lost so overwhelmingly, if I recall correctly (I think it was something like 10-1 with maybe a single nest down) - because our skill level did not match. This also confirms what I initially thought, that you have a very wrong perception of yourself and your friends. 

I will explain my point as simple as possible, and again, I mean zero disrespect:

- Our skill did not match, meaning your loss is not a valid argument you can use for why the Hunter does not need a buff, as you did not experience a game where the players are evenly matched in skill

- Hunters that are on your level will undoubtedly prove to be a way more balanced match than I was to you, however you'll see that you will against them more times than not, hinting that you're simply playing the easier side

- On that note, this should mean that when I, or any other Hunter on a similar level to me, invades a team of Survivors who are equally as good it should be a fairly competitive match, correct? Except it isn't. That's what I'm arguing. It's currently nigh-impossible to win against even a pair of actually good Survivors without a massive dose of luck. Hell, it's getting difficult to beat players who are not as skilled, yet because the Survivor is easily more powerful it makes up for that lack of skill and even they pose a challenge that way, especially with this ludicrous lock of your screen on a missed Tackle. 

The Hunter is more powerless than it has ever been for around 2 years, only at the game's launch was it even weaker than now. You would know this if you actually played Hunter and saw how massively unfair and frustrating it can be to invade certain games, so... trust me on this one. You're objectively wrong.

Edited by Vallon

I don't think the Hunter needs a buff. I have about 120 hours as NH and I am still managing to beat elitists everywhere. I never used GP spit or insta tackle much so I had to work my way around that, of course I have the disadvantage of using a controller against a lot of PC players for now but I find most of my games to be evenly matched, however keep in mind that as a Hunter, I am absolutely garbage, I waste spits and miss tackles constantly and playing against elitists and still coming out on top, I can't imagine a buffed up Hunter for elitists fighting other elitists. 

I have to agree with vallon as well, prior to the patch the hunter relied on the ability to turn to defend himself. this added penalty of being locked in place is double damage, hunter has back to human on evade ...it allows an extra hit/kill being frozen. Itackles are easy to evade, only the worst of players would get caught with it often. This is a poor way to solve itackles.....the hunter has always been weaker. Auto Xbow reload anima is also a bad idea ....btw could you fix the respawn with bow bug ? If you have bow equipped on respawn you have empty hands and have to toggle back to bow to equip it again. Why do solutions always create bigger and even worse bugs?

The hunter doesn't need a buff more like a revisit to his attributes right now as it currently stands the Survivor is more powerful then the Night Hunter and the reason for this is because the Survivor has the advantage of equipment and need I say that an infinite amount of equipment because of duping and glitch exploits people have unlimited medkits flares and potions that they can use without any consequences or or regards of running out I don't have many hours into the Hunter but I can tell you from playing both as the Survivor and the hunter the hunter is underpowered most of the time regardless if there are a legend 250 or just beginning to play the game most of the time they're always playing on normal difficulty why would anybody play on nightmare or hard when they can simply dupe or use a glitch to get infinite amounts of XP to instantly level up it makes no sense so every time a hunter goes to invade another player nine out of 10 times that player is going to be playing on normal difficulty and here lies the problem on normal difficulty insta heal is possible and most legit Pro survivors know how to dodge tackles and ground pounds and use a medkit and then instantly have full health it takes around 5 call tax to kill a Survivor and four to five tackles or ground pounds to kill them when it only takes a Survivor 2 hits from a heavy weapon to kill you techland needs to implement a patch to wear no matter what difficulty no matter what level or skill when a Night Hunter invades no Survivor can insta heal or spam Med kits to fix this problem you would simply add a regenerative healing effect to the med kits and have a 15-second cool down for every medkit applied so that way it would eliminate any possible medkit and as it currently stands if a hunter invade survivors with two or more players it is nearly impossible for the hunter to win especially if he's inexperienced or not legitimately apex predator most of the time a Survivor will simply just camp on top of a roof or huddle together wait for the hunter to strike drain his energy and then kill them and then move on to the nest rinse-and-repeat the hunter has no chance of Victory if it is a one versus four scenario so do I think the hunter needs a buff no but do I think he needs to be Revisited and reworked yes the first thing that needs to be worked for night invasion is get rid of the medkit spamming for one second is reduce the cool down for the night Hunter spits around 45 to 30 seconds depending on the auto balancing the third thing is the UV light is extremely overpowered its range is absurd it's cool down is laughable the UV light can stay on for around 10 seconds but the cool down for it is only five so please tell me how that is fair the cooldown should be around 15 to 20 seconds and the range decreased about 20 to 25% the four thing in which I believe is the most crucial weakness to the Night Hunter is his energy it drains too fast less than 5 Seconds of continuous UV light is being beamed upon him I believe it should be around 8 to 10 seconds for a more balance and if for whatever reason the night Hunters energy is completely drained he is still able to run Sprint and jump that way he can still have a chance to escape if his energy is completely gone and the number 5 reason they should look at is that on a 1 V 2 situation I think is fair for three strikes with a one-handed weapon to kill the Night Hunter and two strikes with a heavy weapon however on a 1 V3 it should be four strikes with a one-handed weapon and three strikes with a two-handed weapon and on a 1 V 4 it should be five strikes with a one-handed weapon and 4 strikes with a two-handed weapon I don't really care what anybody says but the truth is the Night Hunter is underpowered at the moment and I repeat myself I do believe the hunter does not need a buff but more of a rework or a revisit for balancing issues and better game experiences because if this continues no one will play as a Night Hunter anymore and if they ever make a Dying Light 2 and they want to implement the Night Hunter invasion no one will want to play it because of the bad experiences they've had from the first one