Hello,

Will player characters be tethered to a set distance in cooperative gameplay? I know a lot of open-world games (a current example would be Far Cry 4's co-op mode) do this because of system limitations and to make the game run smoother. I suppose it would be pretty easy to get overwhelmed by zombies if players got separated and it might also be frustrating if your co-op partner was on the other side of the map when you were trying to complete a mission objective.

While the freedom of non-tethered co-op could be cool, it seems like it would have a lot of issues that the developers would need to sort out (which they might have already done). I could also see how implementing splitscreen might be difficult if the cooperative play is non-tethered.

Speaking of splitscreen, will there be a non-online system link option for players that want to play offline? It would also be good to have for the sake of posterity when the Playstation 4 and Xbox One servers go down for good in a few years.

Thanks,

estranged520

The tethered question is a good one, i wonder how far we can be a part - but there is still fun tobe had being in the same world, even if we are on different sides of the city !! Just speaking with a friend

Hello,

Will player characters be tethered to a set distance in cooperative gameplay? I know a lot of open-world games (a current example would be Far Cry 4's co-op mode) do this because of system limitations and to make the game run smoother. I suppose it would be pretty easy to get overwhelmed by zombies if players got separated and it might also be frustrating if your co-op partner was on the other side of the map when you were trying to complete a mission objective.

While the freedom of non-tethered co-op could be cool, it seems like it would have a lot of issues that the developers would need to sort out (which they might have already done). I could also see how implementing splitscreen might be difficult if the cooperative play is non-tethered.

Speaking of splitscreen, will there be a non-online system link option for players that want to play offline? It would also be good to have for the sake of posterity when the Playstation 4 and Xbox One servers go down for good in a few years.

Thanks,

estranged520

I think i read from a dev that you can go do a mission and you'r co-op partner can go do what ever he wants think dead island. Also there will be no splitscreen thet took it out.

I think i read from a dev that you can go do a mission and you'r co-op partner can go do what ever he wants think dead island. Also there will be no splitscreen thet took it out.

You are correct. You can go anywhere as long as it isn't separated by a loading screen such as in Dead Island when you entered an infested zone to clear out the mini-boss.

You are correct. You can go anywhere as long as it isn't separated by a loading screen such as in Dead Island when you entered an infested zone to clear out the mini-boss.

Then there must be a way of us going there together, so all players have to be at the same location, for it to accept ?

Then there must be a way of us going there together, so all players have to be at the same location, for it to accept ?

Yea i think it says can not enter next eara untell everyone is there.

So would it be like in the Borderlands games where there's a lot of wide-open maps that are separated by loading screens and can be accessed via hub points? In those games, all characters have to consent to accessing a different area and be prepared to leave (i.e. not in their inventory or skill tree menus, talking to an NPC, etc.)

And don't worry haha I knew they took out splitscreen a while back. Plus, I saw the enormous thread of people protesting to put it in. I figure it was just too hard to implement especially with so little time left before release. I just wanted to know if Playstation 4 and Xbox One would have support for Local LAN (meaning they are all on the same router connection and not necessarily connected to the Internet) cooperative multiplayer because not everyone is subscribed to Xbox Live and Playstation Plus, but I think they should still have the opportunity to play the multiplayer with their friends if they're paying for the game. Also, there are a lot of multiplayer experiences that don't exist anymore because they lost online support and the games don't have offline functionality. I'm pretty fond of old-school gaming, but I'm never going to be able to play a lot of games on the original Xbox's Live service because it was shut down a while back.

Also, I already have a PS4 and my brother is planning to get a PS4 and we were both going to get copies of this game to play together, but we want to do it in the same house on the same internet connection, even if we need separate consoles and TVs.

So would it be like in the Borderlands games where there's a lot of wide-open maps that are separated by loading screens and can be accessed via hub points? In those games, all characters have to consent to accessing a different area and be prepared to leave (i.e. not in their inventory or skill tree menus, talking to an NPC, etc.)

And don't worry haha I knew they took out splitscreen a while back. Plus, I saw the enormous thread of people protesting to put it in. I figure it was just too hard to implement especially with so little time left before release. I just wanted to know if Playstation 4 and Xbox One would have support for Local LAN (meaning they are all on the same router connection and not necessarily connected to the Internet) cooperative multiplayer because not everyone is subscribed to Xbox Live and Playstation Plus, but I think they should still have the opportunity to play the multiplayer with their friends if they're paying for the game. Also, there are a lot of multiplayer experiences that don't exist anymore because they lost online support and the games don't have offline functionality. I'm pretty fond of old-school gaming, but I'm never going to be able to play a lot of games on the original Xbox's Live service because it was shut down a while back.

Also, I already have a PS4 and my brother is planning to get a PS4 and we were both going to get copies of this game to play together, but we want to do it in the same house on the same internet connection, even if we need separate consoles and TVs.

I think you're best bet is to ask Pawel Modinsk.