Enricio

Thoughts On Child Zombies?

Well I dont have any info on the subject but I think its a long overdue addition to the zombie franchise. Zombie children would probably be harder to kill in terms of being shorter, but take less effort to kill, also they would probably be more rabid than the adult zombies. I recall a gameplay video from a year ago I think showing the main character running into a little girl hiding inside a cabinet/closet so its possible there could be zombie children in this game. I would love the addition, although I can see the controversy that could come from it as well.

Well I dont have any info on the subject but I think its a long overdue addition to the zombie franchise. Zombie children would probably be harder to kill in terms of being shorter, but take less effort to kill, also they would probably be more rabid than the adult zombies. I recall a gameplay video from a year ago I think showing the main character running into a little girl hiding inside a cabinet/closet so its possible there could be zombie children in this game. I would love the addition, although I can see the controversy that could come from it as well.

The E3 trailer confirmed zombie children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ZCopEkQJ0#t=55 a bit after the 0:55 time mark you can see a little (child) zombie alone in a room making loads of noise.

-EDIT

I took a screen shot instead.

2else2o.jpg

Edited by HaNYolO

Wow I really didn't notice that XD you sir have a good eye. This Game is breaking zombie barriers lol love it

Please don't call me sir, i'm still only 21 years old. xD But no zombie is more F-ed up than a child zombie. 

Imagine how fast they can be. Of course they can't reach high places as well as normal infected, but dayum. :P Makes you want to play the game even more.

I know in my zombie novels I've stayed away from the subject mainly due to the fact that many people don't want to think about it (nor have to dead with it) I do, however, have children and or baby zombies mentioned a couple of times.

For instance... In the zombie apocalypse world and you and your team enter a hospital for medical supplies... What would you do if you passed by the maternity ward full of zombie babies still in their bassinettes? Leave them to be in an eternal state of undead, or do you release them and give them their final rest?

The thought, horrifying... (won't tell you what this team did)

Encountering a group of children zombies...same question. Many people, especially readers don't want to have to deal with the thought. ;-) 

I know how the whole thought of child zombies can be off-putting but when it comes to the real world there is about a 0.01% chance of there ever being a zombie apocalypse and in dying light I don't have a problem with it as its a game.

I know how the whole thought of child zombies can be off-putting but when it comes to the real world there is about a 0.01% chance of there ever being a zombie apocalypse and in dying light I don't have a problem with it as its a game.

I don't get the fact that killing a kid is worse than an adult.... Have you seen what kids can do to each other?

I don't get the fact that killing a kid is worse than an adult.... Have you seen what kids can do to each other?

I agree, look at kids at school and how bullying is a major problem. Some of the things bullies do and that is coming from someone with experience.

well.. since they are not kids anymore... they are dead zombies... so... its not like killing childs... 

but what you said doesnt justify killing a child... anyway

Edited by NetoJON

I think that it is subject matter that not only adds to the realism of a game world, but it also needs to be introduced on a larger scale. I know it's easier to just leave it out, but if they could find a way to randomize a slider for the height and wrinkle density of the Zombies rather than having them all be the same height. This would introduce a sense of reality and gravity that most games don't have.

-

One thing I feel was lacking from The Last of Us was Joel killing a kid, then having him and Ellie talk about it or vice versa:

"Holy f%$# Joel, a kid!? ..."

"Ellie, I had to do what I did. He would have warned the rest of the group if I hadn't."

"I guess so, but did you really have to kill him? Back at the Safe Zone he and I might have been friends."

"He took the chance living this life, he knew the consequences of what could happen."

"Yeah, whatever..."

Or something like that.

-

I also hate how games don't include female Antagonists. None of the random enemies or significant Bad Guys were female in TLOU.

It looks like it's going to be the same way in Dying Light. It doesn't bother me THAT much, but I do wish games would throw in more gender equality on both the good and bad sides of things.

Also, thank you for creating a fun topic that isn't negative and can be debated in a sea of posts that are not nearly as fun to read.

The real question is what is more politically correct? Specifically adding zombie children or zombie midgets?

Overall I like the idea of the screamer.

Dead space and doom already did this. Made the games creepier each time.

Edited by seanconnery

well.. since they are not kids anymore... they are dead zombies... so... its not like killing childs... 

but what you said doesnt justify killing a child... anyway.

Killing is never justified. Justification is subjective.