FireNative

Ai Level Scaling (Zombies Attack Level Goes Up When Your Attack Goes Up)

In dead island zombies would level up as you leveled up (scaling). I, and many others, feel this took away from the satisfaction of leveling since you can NEVER OVER POWER some zombies. Does Dying Light have AI level scaling?

It probably will but that isn't definite because at the beginning of the game they said how you want to avoid fights until you are stronger so maybe there is a slight sense of leveling towards the end of the game.

In dead island zombies would level up as you leveled up (scaling). I, and many others, feel this took away from the satisfaction of leveling since you can NEVER OVER POWER some zombies. Does Dying Light have AI level scaling?

I think they said they done away with that.

It probably will but that isn't definite because at the beginning of the game they said how you want to avoid fights until you are stronger so maybe there is a slight sense of leveling towards the end of the game.

Yes it may be like skyrim where if you go into a certin cave at level 2 there will be like lvl 12 people in there.

I hope there is a setting for scaling. Because Id hate it if all the zombies around you automatically scaled to your level.
Once a character levels up, the weakest zombies are supposed to turn into guts after a fist swing :D

If the developer "needs" AI level scaling in the game then "PLEASE" have it as a setting that can be turned OFF! PLEASE!

Im almost 100% sure that the enemys dont level up when you do. Also, on the gunplay, from what I have seen... Does every gun, no matter what the firepower stat is, always instantly kill a biter with an accurate headshot?

Im almost 100% sure that the enemys dont level up when you do. Also, on the gunplay, from what I have seen... Does every gun, no matter what the firepower stat is, always instantly kill a biter with an accurate headshot?

Yes from what i seen it's like the old movies night of the liveing dead dawn and day of the dead where to kill them you have to destroy the brain. and one bullet  will do it. Hope that helps ya ;).

Really y'all are bitching about level scaling? With the right skills I over power zeds on dead island and I use a mod to make it so only head shot do anything it was too easy so if you can't take that then your a bunch of wimps.

Edited by kyroila

Really y'all are bitching about level scaling? With the right skills I over power zeds on dead island and I use a mod to make it so only head shot do anything it was too easy so if you can't take that then your a bunch of wimps.

Look some people cant play games very well. So cut them so slack ok mang. There is no need to insult people.

Exactly right Uncle Pappy! Everyone has different abilities, time, and play styles! People have different responsibilities, (family, friends, work, school, hobbies) and can play on Super hard difficulties, or mod a game to be more challenging if that's what they want. Some people want to experience the game not challenge them selves. Some people have a LOT of games they want to play and not a lot of time to do it, so these people may not want to die a million times to get past a part and just want to breeze through a game to experience it. To each his own. Some people may be awesome video game players that could beat BattleToads on N.E.S. (youtube it, one of the hardest video games OF ALL TIME EVEN WITH INFINITE LIVES CODE!!!!!), but all games should have difficulty options and if not, they should NEVER be made where only the very best can beat, play, and enjoy them.

Edited by FireNative

Off topic: I'm surprised "chupacabra" didn't cover the "B" word!

Sadly, baddies scaling up with the player is the best way to do it, it just is rarely done well or properly. Case in point the elder scrolls series (which I do love), even enemies equipment scales up. It nearly negates the point of levelling.

A nod to techland though (and not sucking up) Di and dir had issues but one thing that worked for me was that even though the enemies levelled up, I still got more powerful due to my skill trees. Of course those games weren't everyone's cup of tea.

As long as they scale the abilities well to build up the player, enemies scaling is a good thing. It is a difficult balance to make a player equally challenged at the endgame, while still making the player feel "powerful".

Here is hoping that Dying Light gets the balance right.

Sadly, baddies scaling up with the player is the best way to do it, it just is rarely done well or properly. Case in point the elder scrolls series (which I do love), even enemies equipment scales up. It nearly negates the point of levelling.

A nod to techland though (and not sucking up) Di and dir had issues but one thing that worked for me was that even though the enemies levelled up, I still got more powerful due to my skill trees. Of course those games weren't everyone's cup of tea.

As long as they scale the abilities well to build up the player, enemies scaling is a good thing. It is a difficult balance to make a player equally challenged at the endgame, while still making the player feel "powerful".

Here is hoping that Dying Light gets the balance right.

No offense intended, but im a diehard TES fan, every elder scrolls game I've ever played I have never had a problem with the leveling system, if you feel the enemies gear leveling and them leveling negates you leveling up, you simply aren't leveling the proper skills proportionally lol

Not my main point, but I did say I loved the tes series, I've played them all thoroughly including arena. In skyrim my main is now level 357, and I have no issues dispatching enemies. My point was to use the game's level scaling as an example of what not to do in a game. Yes, it isn't the worst out there, but it is a bit ludicrous before you out level the enemy cap, to fight a bandit at level 1 or 2 that has a rusty dagger and some crappy leather shirt on, then come back at level 20, and the same bandit now has full daedric armor and a daedric blade enchanted with fire. Yes, I can still brutalize the bandit with my skills etc, but I would rather it either still be the same bandit at the core, or replace the bandit with something more powerful.

Also, anyone must admit, especially in skyrim, without exploiting smithing and alchemy at least a little bit, the player doesn't really start to overpower enemies until you start to out level them. I'm not talking about player skill here, that is individually different, just purely the player character ability to kill the enemy before the enemy kills you. In TES games I always have the feeling the only difference is my input, if I was controlling the enemy, I could defeat my character (until going beyond the level reach of enemies). This was actually handled better in earlier TES than later.

Anyway, my main point was hoping they balanced the scaling in Dying light so that they accomplish 2 things;

1) at endgame it still has some freshness of challenge to the player

2) at endgame the player feels they have become more powerful through character development

Very hard to do, but when the balance is good, it works.

Not my main point, but I did say I loved the tes series, I've played them all thoroughly including arena. In skyrim my main is now level 357, and I have no issues dispatching enemies. My point was to use the game's level scaling as an example of what not to do in a game. Yes, it isn't the worst out there, but it is a bit ludicrous before you out level the enemy cap, to fight a bandit at level 1 or 2 that has a rusty dagger and some crappy leather shirt on, then come back at level 20, and the same bandit now has full daedric armor and a daedric blade enchanted with fire. Yes, I can still brutalize the bandit with my skills etc, but I would rather it either still be the same bandit at the core, or replace the bandit with something more powerful.

Also, anyone must admit, especially in skyrim, without exploiting smithing and alchemy at least a little bit, the player doesn't really start to overpower enemies until you start to out level them. I'm not talking about player skill here, that is individually different, just purely the player character ability to kill the enemy before the enemy kills you. In TES games I always have the feeling the only difference is my input, if I was controlling the enemy, I could defeat my character (until going beyond the level reach of enemies). This was actually handled better in earlier TES than later.

Anyway, my main point was hoping they balanced the scaling in Dying light so that they accomplish 2 things;

1) at endgame it still has some freshness of challenge to the player

2) at endgame the player feels they have become more powerful through character development

Very hard to do, but when the balance is good, it works.

I agree,the leveling could be handled differently, but I feel it fits TES, I agree that it has no place in Dead Island, but I believe the devs said that there is no AI levels, or level increases

Lmao Dying light**

well, i think we will have "some scaling"
the thing is, the zombies will not scale as faster as you.

i dont think that at max lvl you will be able to like, go to where you first start the game, and " one hit kill" the zombies, they will scale their dificulty, BUT you will have a pretty easier time, since one of the more needed features of a game with leveling system is that you need to fill stronger. and if the enemys scale with you, this feel of being badass will not be achived.

one game that, in my opinion did this "enemy IA scale" perfectly is Middle earth shadow of mordor.

well, i think we will have "some scaling"

the thing is, the zombies will not scale as faster as you.

i dont think that at max lvl you will be able to like, go to where you first start the game, and " one hit kill" the zombies, they will scale their dificulty, BUT you will have a pretty easier time, since one of the more needed features of a game with leveling system is that you need to fill stronger. and if the enemys scale with you, this feel of being badass will not be achived.

one game that, in my opinion did this "enemy IA scale" perfectly is Middle earth shadow of mordor.

What is they scale up just at night?.

I believe there isn't a level scaling element in the game because the developers I am sure wanted it to be hard at night and easier to run through during the game, but when you start to scale up the zombies won't it will get easier during the night and the day will soon become easy maybe besides some special zombies but there seems to be only a handful of them.

I believe there isn't a level scaling element in the game because the developers I am sure wanted it to be hard at night and easier to run through during the game, but when you start to scale up the zombies won't it will get easier during the night and the day will soon become easy maybe besides some special zombies but there seems to be only a handful of them.

The night time is there verson of level scaling in dying light