sentinel_deco

Stamina Usage For Beating/striking And No Stamina Usage For Running/jumping?

It could also be a fun vs realistic thing, or its just turned off ?

But i see the point, why can i run, hump forever and not even take 3 swings at a zombie before getting tired !

Interesting indeed !! 

Very interesting !!

well, a perk availlable from the beginning of the game? i dont think thats a perk, but could be possible.

Sorry what i ment to say is they have probably loaded up a character that had done alot of jumping climbing etc. Thats why they are not useing any stamina. Remember when they said that if you jump and climb alot you will get better at it?.

well, a perk availlable from the beginning of the game? i dont think thats a perk, but could be possible.

It is either a perk that is only unlock able as one of the later perks because if you check in the earlier videos of the game there isn't a stamina bar for movement but it just gets slower over time and you can hear the characters breathing getting louder.

It is either a perk that is only unlock able as one of the later perks because if you check in the earlier videos of the game there isn't a stamina bar for movement but it just gets slower over time and you can hear the characters breathing getting louder.

Ding Ding Ding give this woman a cigar.

Hey guys,

To clarify - early in the development the stamina was shared between running and fighting.

In testing though, it posed a very real gameplay problem, and crippled the pace of the game. Basically, you would constantly be left in situations that if you encounter an enemy while running, climbing and jumping around, you wouldn't be able to defend yourself. Alternatively, if a fight goes sour and more zombies turn up, you would be left with no stamina to escape via natural movement system. Those were situations that simply took away fun from gameplay. Right now, the stamina bar you see is for combat - if that runs out, you can still escape to relative safety using your natural movement skills.

However, to preserve realism, your character will still get tired and slow down if running for prolonged periods of time. And that time can be extended by skills and training.

Hey guys,

To clarify - early in the development the stamina was shared between running and fighting.

In testing though, it posed a very real gameplay problem, and crippled the pace of the game. Basically, you would constantly be left in situations that if you encounter an enemy while running, climbing and jumping around, you wouldn't be able to defend yourself. Alternatively, if a fight goes sour and more zombies turn up, you would be left with no stamina to escape via natural movement system. Those were situations that simply took away fun from gameplay. Right now, the stamina bar you see is for combat - if that runs out, you can still escape to relative safety using your natural movement skills.

However, to preserve realism, your character will still get tired and slow down if running for prolonged periods of time. And that time can be extended by skills and training.

I see. But it can be solved by making the escape/climb sequence more slowly if on low stamina, where to gain more stamina, the player must hide somewhere till the stamina raises again. Isnt it possible to add this on nightmare difficulty or something with a patch?

Edited by sentinel_deco

I see. But it can be solved by making the escape/climb sequence more slowly if on low stamina, where to gain more stamina, the player must hide somewhere till the stamina raises again. Isnt it possible to add this on nightmare difficulty or something with a patch?

Probably on the next batch of DLC the game is alread finished.

there is no difficulty modes, which kinda sucks. you can finished the game, and there's nothing harder to accomplish, at day time there is no REAL threat unless you don't pay attention, because you can stand 10 feet away from zombies and they don't even notice you, which is kinda dumb, i wish there was a difficulty setting that upped the reaction and ability of zombies, most zombies, if they notice you just slowly stumble their way over, it would be way better if you could change it that they would move a bit faster.

in killing floor 2, a game that isn't out yet, the higher the difficulty, the faster and more complex the zombie animations become, something like that would've been great, but the game is practically finished so it looks like the game will be super easy, then come night all you have to do is stealth, fighting would be possible if the volatiles didn't have like 2000000 hp and could kill you in less than 4 hits :C

there is no difficulty modes, which kinda sucks. you can finished the game, and there's nothing harder to accomplish, at day time there is no REAL threat unless you don't pay attention, because you can stand 10 feet away from zombies and they don't even notice you, which is kinda dumb, i wish there was a difficulty setting that upped the reaction and ability of zombies, most zombies, if they notice you just slowly stumble their way over, it would be way better if you could change it that they would move a bit faster.

in killing floor 2, a game that isn't out yet, the higher the difficulty, the faster and more complex the zombie animations become, something like that would've been great, but the game is practically finished so it looks like the game will be super easy, then come night all you have to do is stealth, fighting would be possible if the volatiles didn't have like 2000000 hp and could kill you in less than 4 hits :C

Well i can see it being easy in the day time with slow zombies but night time climbing runing zombies and the super zombie i think it will get much worse.

the character is undercover cop or agent, that explains why stamina is more of a normal.

They sad they had stamina for climbing jumping but took it out. Because in a lot of moments they ran out of stamina and it was not fun.

They sad they had stamina for climbing jumping but took it out. Because in a lot of moments they ran out of stamina and it was not fun.

They didn't take it out. They said originally the fighting and running and jumping stamina was in the same stamina bar so you ran out more quickly. All they did was separate them, get rid of the stamina for running and jumping and just make you slower over time for running and jumping.

They didn't take it out. They said originally the fighting and running and jumping stamina was in the same stamina bar so you ran out more quickly. All they did was separate them, get rid of the stamina for running and jumping and just make you slower over time for running and jumping.

I stand corrected

I found this website.....bubblenews.com.....they released the list of achievments for dying light and some of the achievements are for completeing game on hard and nightmare.  Perhaps they do have difficulty settings?

I found this website.....bubblenews.com.....they released the list of achievments for dying light and some of the achievements are for completeing game on hard and nightmare.  Perhaps they do have difficulty settings?

well you kinda went off topic with that question but i think it was in a streaming video (i can be wrong here) but if i remember it correctly they said that u cant adjust the difficulty settling.(again i can be wrong about that)

I went to there 2 trueachievements.com and xboxachievements.com and those where not there.