NullExoZombies

Was Btz A Good Idea Ultimately?

Considering the community's growing list of imbalances and TL's maintainability of this mode

I understand that this mode is a unique take on Harran and is something new and different to play. But as a serious gamer I wonder why release an add-on but allow the community's concerns of this mode to fall on deaf ears?

Are serious gamers supposed to enjoy/appreciate this?

Considering the community's growing list of imbalances and TL's maintainability of this mode

I understand that this mode is a unique take on Harran and is something new and different to play. But as a serious gamer I wonder why release an add-on but allow the community's concerns of this mode to fall on deaf ears?

I would say it was a great idea. While I agree that imbalance has always been an issue, a vast majority of the requests players have made, myself included, were made by Techland at no cost to the player.

Glitches, exploits, duping, etc. have existed since the beginning due to the link between Single Player and PVP - which is the only part of the mode I disagree with - drawing in low-integrity players. Nonetheless, it was an innovative take on PVP and took a far, positive turn from the time-tested Team Deathmatch, CTF, etc. modes every single game floods the market with.

Yeah it was a good idea. But since this is Techlands' first time actually doing this, I guess we shouldn't have had our hopes up as high as they were. I like the idea OVERALL but the outcome was terrible. I think Dying Light PvP mode would have an even bigger honest audience rather than these current crappy players who want nothing but an easy win. 

Great idea, adequate execution.

Strike1 is a typical example of the trash you must deal with as a hunter against the odds.

A fool who doesnt know his elbow from his àss who uses cheats to ruin a good game. Guys like him where the clitcher for me as a hunter and im certain for many other casuals.

No im a troll slayer! Jk, just cause my opinions shared here are mostly negative doesnt mean im trolling. I articulate valid points which have a purpose to hopefully get this game to the level it deserves.

Your just child stating idiocracies.

It is a Racist part of the game. All good things for some special countries. Nothing for third world countries. Absolute REMOVED.

It's same for all who paid for game.

Edited by Chaos_Deception
swear in quote removed

I would say it was a great idea. While I agree that imbalance has always been an issue, a vast majority of the requests players have made, myself included, were made by Techland at no cost to the player.

Glitches, exploits, duping, etc. have existed since the beginning due to the link between Single Player and PVP - which is the only part of the mode I disagree with - drawing in low-integrity players. Nonetheless, it was an innovative take on PVP and took a far, positive turn from the time-tested Team Deathmatch, CTF, etc. modes every single game floods the market with.

BtZ is badly broken. Even though the mode is at no cost to players, it is a mode that, in my opinion, is the best attempt to an alter-angle at a base game I've seen. Many titles have attempted to offer a "be the  zombie" mode and it has failed. This version by TL is, again my opinion, the best step in that direction.

Unlike Bozak mode. this mode offers a great add-on to the base game. Bozak mode is a mode where most players earn the Bow and never bother to play the mode again . BtZ has huge replay value with its own tier system.

It is as a result of a stellar base game that I'd expect TL to at least maintain BtZ. It is not excusable to release a mode and leave it glitchy/imbalanced and for serious gamers to be complacent with the excuse of "well, at least it was free". Many devout DL players have come to the forum to discuss with the Dev the many imbalances of this mode, but instead of TL fixing/addressing a list of growing issues, survivors come here to exploit every imbalance that has been voiced. There are awards for survivors who defeat the NH's nest so I'd imagine that there should some balanced difficulty. No reputable software company would allow this, taking pride in all their work and efforts. Why release BtZ if they're not going to maintain it? while the base game sold millions of copies? There are so many questions and concerns that many have for this mode that makes you wonder why would they release it?

At the very least I'd imagine that if TL added even more weapons and abilities for survivors in the Following that it would make sense to also make NH more powerful in a creative way instead of nerfing new/old 1-hit kill weapons. Being a team of developers I'd think that this idea would at least cross their mind when re-releasing this mode for The Following and yet the NH is barely able to keep up with buggies in The Following to say the least.

Players will exploit any/every thing, including inventories; TL should know this. TL sadly has to maintain their title like other teams of Devs. COD releases patches every month, addressing issues for both their popular and unpopular modes. GTA has all free add-ons and yet theyre still busy patching as well, a game thats about 5 years old.

I doubt that a patch that makes sense will ever come, but I hope TL learned from this. A regretful pill to be swallowed. BtZ was a giant leap in the right direction in which they could have maintained. Because they wont maintain it, you're left wondering why release this mode? a "be grateful for this freeie reject" mode.

Edited by NullExoZombies

The sad fact is that with every change comes imbalance.  A Game like this is a Logistical Nightmare to Balance Correctly because it is Asymmetric PVP.

The same can be said for other Asymetric PVP Games, Evolve comes to mind.  Especially since going FREE2PLAY. 

The sad fact is that with every change comes imbalance.  A Game like this is a Logistical Nightmare to Balance Correctly because it is Asymmetric PVP.

The same can be said for other Asymetric PVP Games, Evolve comes to mind.  Especially since going FREE2PLAY. 

Keeping up with exploits/imbalances is, what I'd imagine, part of the fun & challenge in taking pride in craftsmanship when you have a GOTY. DL is by far the best game I've seen on home consoles and I pray that we see a re-release on PS4 Pro (or any new 4k home consoles).

In my opinion, if TL concedes with "well, every game will always be imbalanced" following a mode's release then, to me, the release wasnt worth it. Or at the very least it was a release that was never intended to be maintained, which raises more eyebrows about laziness and appearance. This release was just fluff to appear as if they've done enough. as long as its different. I dont know why, but I didnt think it would end this way considering BtZ's huge fan base of players who enjoy this mode as well as DL's base game. Players who bought the game, collectively invested many hours in the game, and came to the forum to express our justified concerns.. to have the door slammed in our faces which is unlike any Dev company I've ever seen on home consoles. Admittedly, as a season pass holder, TL has surpassed the value our investment but we want to enjoy BtZ, even if the mode was free.

If we're doing something wrong let us know, which is what many Devs take pride in doing. I think I speak for many when i express that I really want to enjoy this mode as a serious, competitive gamer.

Keeping up with exploits/imbalances is, what I'd imagine, part of the fun & challenge in taking pride in craftsmanship when you have a GOTY. DL is by far the best game I've seen on home consoles and I pray that we see a re-release on PS4 Pro (or any new 4k home consoles).

In my opinion, if TL concedes with "well, every game will always be imbalanced" following a mode's release then, to me, the release wasnt worth it. Or at the very least it was a release that was never intended to be maintained, which raises more eyebrows about laziness and appearance. This release was just fluff to appear as if they've done enough. as long as its different. I dont know why, but I didnt think it would end this way considering BtZ's huge fan base of players who enjoy this mode as well as DL's base game. Players who bought the game, collectively invested many hours in the game, and came to the forum to express our justified concerns.. to have the door slammed in our faces which is unlike any Dev company I've ever seen on home consoles. Admittedly, as a season pass holder, TL has surpassed the value our investment but we want to enjoy BtZ, even if the mode was free.

If we're doing something wrong let us know, which is what many Devs take pride in doing. I think I speak for many when i express that I really want to enjoy this mode as a serious, competitive gamer.

Exactly. I as a serious gamer, tried to enjoy BTZ too. The imbalances were too much, and I started addressing the list of issues on this forum. Like you said, I got the door slammed in my face, by the devs and other players alike, who tell me to 'git gud'. Since 3 months ago, I have given up.

True, but people keep forgetting one game that accually brought cooperative play vs zombies: Left 4 Dead series...its concept of mulltiplayer is simple yet so diverse, in my 3-4 years of playing it since 2008 up to 2010-11 or so i was accually never bored. If you remember when Valve was said and mentioned AI Director which set's the game difficulty when you play spawns more horde, tanks, bosses...that one little thing including diversity of zombies people could play, sure before Rotoblin was introduced by third party CEVO tournaments were played and most of the time favour was for survivor's...and that was accually minor imbalance issue. So there, what's kept me in L4D for so long is that every time was different, sure there were like 4 main maps and 2-3 more from dlc's but because of AI Director and diversity of zombies player's could play you always see new tactic's and challanges especially during tank fight's or double spawn of horde.

So what about Dying Light?

For me DL Pvp was always cool and fun, but it didnt lasted like L4D one did

We all know that during zombie apocalypse from movies and games there are tons of zombies in the world and in BTZ only...a few? Come on...what always has bothered me in DL is that we have one OP glass cannon with balerina health pool...if Techland was accually "copying" and let's be real NH is alot simmilar to alot of zombie bosses from L4D: Smoker, Hunter, Spitter, Boomer (horde spit) etc...why we didn't seen that diversity in DL with teamwork like human side has? Don't get me wrong i liked playing BTZ but same thing over and over again really is monotonic and boring, the destroy the nests kinda feels like that this PVP mode has always been in alpha/beta stage? When i've seen a trailer for BTZ i thought it will be a huge challenge where human side needs to cover each other and survive, like renew a safe area with diverse resources like nails, planks etc during the night where are also volatiles, evolved vol's and other bosses incl NH and horde that would be so much challenging and not to mention that survival/apocalypse mode would be more fun...

So there you go..

It was a great idea and is what ultimately keeps me playing for almost 2 years now, which only two or three more games have achieved for me. The mode isn't perfectly balanced, but it's more than enough for a quality experience without a clear side being fundamentally stronger or too good, which is the result any PvP mode should strive to be.