Sign in to follow this  
EMtriX

2016-09-05 Update

What kind of hole did you crawl from?

If what you're saying is true, then i'm a f.....g hunter genius, because i'm winning 70-80% matches and i don't know if you're aware of that, but you just admitted, that you have problems with 0 skill humans. That is rather sad, because i'm just quitting when i see 0 skill humans who struggle to even use UV flashlight properly.

I know, right? It's a damn shame a 0 skilled human can do that good in PVP.

The bases for mastering both modes are different.

Comparing the human master to NH master is like someone trying to master a bottle flip compared to trying to master like 15 different styles of martial arts. Humans have minor obstacles between becoming a pro and being an idiot that could easily be overcome with a bit of spamming with a sprinkle of dupes.

Survivor have to be skilled in using his equipment (fast weapon/item switching according to situation), have good response times and keeping the track of hunter in sight. Hunter is all about timings, precision an environment awarness. Being good at handling controls helps in survivor mode (you have to press 4 keys to perform dropkick, very skilled players can execute dropkick almost instantly from the place they're standing), hunter controls are rather rough and prompt based. It's like a sun and day or... hunter and victim.

You talk about situational awareness like a NH doesn't have to practice it more intensely since everything we do has to be perfected.

I'm not 0 skill human, so that should make me omnipotent, but for some reason, i'm not. Maybe that makes me -10 skill human in reality?

Nah, you're a level 3 human, at most. XD

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

How can one even "spam UV"?  Lmao. 

RaceyStorm probably got destroyed by barely mid-tier Survivors from the way he thinks "dodge spamming, UV spam and flares" is enough for any Survivor to win against any Hunter, which in turn means he's mediocre as well. This ain't pre-1.11, buddy.

Lmao I say "spam UV" but for some reason the problem solving part of your brain didn't trigger to tell you "Oh, he means they just constantly use it". Maybe because you don't have that part in your brain. But it's all good.

Spamming is all you need to win. Lmao, kid you act like spamming plays a small role in winning. XD Cheap @ss dupes and spams plays like 90% of the fight while the other 10% is just locating and getting to the NH. They made this mode a head-on-head mode(meaning instead of the NH actually being fearful, you're going against him like it's a damn boss battle) when it shouldn't be(it wasn't advertised as such). 

Damn right I got destroyed. I was good as a hunter at one point but my goodness it's much easier to be a human. Give a newbie hunter and a newbie human to go head to head for a week and watch who'll dominate the other. Can you guess?

The human in case your brain just stopped functioning at this point. XD

You know with all this talk about humans and hunter skill level I'll throw my two cents to the matter......again.

Humans indeed take skill to play. Maybe not in huge degrees, but there is skill when playing human. If you are going against a noob hunter then its no problem. But if you're against a really experienced hunter that abuses tendril sprint and tries to get tackles from weird angles and uses this ridiculous speed boost to use the UV shield+pounce combo then knowing where to aim your UV light and also tracking him takes skill. Maneuvering around and using grapple when a hunter is engaging in combat with you also takes skill cause a slight mistake could lead you taking to much damage, being put in an unfair situation with little to no options, or straight up dead, and most of this is important cause experienced hunters will mostly use the unfair GP+Spit combo which is difficult to avoid of itself because you have to avoid the GP and experienced hunters know when to do so. There is also the fact aiming with guns, crossbow, and bows are a thing. Managing when to use stuff also takes skill cause you could be blindly throwing a flare when it could've been used much later for better use.

The matter duping is never and issue and I still don't understand why people bring this up. Okay yes you get to have infinite stuff, but the thing is that even though its a, for example, Night Hunter booster its still a Night Hunter Booster.There is no added benefit for having infinite of whatever because human players are still bound to the rules of the Cooldowns for NH Boosters, flares, and so much more. Unless someone is using cheats or coded something for themselves to make stuff Uber broken than yeah duping is a scumbag move, but as it stands right now it is just a lazy way to collect crafting items and have a constant supply of stuff (I.e. Flares, Booster, Grenades, etc) that doesn't even change the PvP aspect one bit.

Night Hunter obviously takes way to much skill to even be good at. You have to be precise with everything or you'll end up dead a majority of the time. However, there are those who have master Night Hunter and to be very frank fight against a very experienced Night Hunter that knows everything even with a Four-Man Team is completely unfair, and broken. The things they do are ridiculous and sometimes broken as hell to the point in being unfair. GP+spit is a main combo most hunters will use to get easy stuck spits with no way of avoiding the spit. Tendril Sprint also makes the hunter move incredibly fast and difficult to even track because he can jump, move, and get behind you before you even have a chance and humans don't have anything to counter this except raw prediction and mostly luck. Experienced hunters know when to use the animations to their advantage as well so it can play to their favor (i.e. continuous tackle or pounce to make sure you get caught by the horde or easy spits).

So to make this short:

Human: takes skill, maybe not as much, but there is skill.

Hunter: Massive learning curve to getting better, but when mastered becomes unfair to play against even in Four-man Teams.

So Raceystorm there is skill on both sides. I don't know if play against hunters that are way to predictable or you play hunter and you just suck, but to say humans take no skill is a lie because you would be getting easy kills left and right because they don't even know how to use a UV light or even know to have it at all times. Hell try going up against Hunters like Visceral, Ionikalex, Spinoza, Sokojik and many more here on the PC version of this game I would guarantee you would lose.

If I may add one thing and seeing how this got off track.....Does anyone know what was fixed in this recent patch?!

I don't think saying "various improvements to PvP and "minor tweaks" doesn't tell us much. The rest is pretty obvious.

Most of your argument is one sided so its not very good.

Hunter abusing tendril sprint is most retarded thing ive heard of. If human can dupe speed or hunter potions then he doesnt need to use tendril/grapple to increase momentum. Advantage survivor.

Experienced humans also know when to use animations like dk chain or 2 hand hit after failed pounce or tackle.

Survivors shouldn't be so tight in a group. Its called tactical advantage. If your all right within hunters reach your not thinking like a survivor.

Yes the hunter is fast but thats completely cancelled out by having his moves animation avoidable. We as hunters can only prevent getting DFA and DK.

If your gonna argue about balance keep your own team in mind.

Most of your argument is one sided so its not very good.

Hunter abusing tendril sprint is most retarded thing ive heard of. If human can dupe speed or hunter potions then he doesnt need to use tendril/grapple to increase momentum. Advantage survivor.

Experienced humans also know when to use animations like dk chain or 2 hand hit after failed pounce or tackle.

Survivors shouldn't be so tight in a group. Its called tactical advantage. If your all right within hunters reach your not thinking like a survivor.

Yes the hunter is fast but thats completely cancelled out by having his moves animation avoidable. We as hunters can only prevent getting DFA and DK.

If your gonna argue about balance keep your own team in mind.

So apparently the hunter using Tendril Sprint to make himself more faster than a human using speed/NH Booster is retarded? Please tell how to counter this ridiculous speed I would really like to know. Again duping its just a lazy way to get items. Unless someone is cheating to make these items broken and OP then its a problem. I don't see players bypassing the Cooldown system for flares and boosters as humans are bound by those rules

The animations while you are right they are easy to avoid and can lead to death at times experienced hunters spam the jump button to avoid getting hit completely whether it be from a failed pounce or tackle. Experienced hunters also know how to avoid DFAs and don't get killed by them alot. Just focus the human that is really high up and some hunters even use tackle to completely counter DFAs.

I played this game alot dude because I love it and I have seen so much from many PvP fights. If you still think I'm an idiot then watch this guy and his streams or you anybody can add me on steam and fight the hunters I face.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963028613/ <---- Visceral    He doesn't stream as much before, but he still plays whenever and when I watch him play hunter he can beat Four-man teams that are good kinda easily and before you say "He's one person" many people started to learn the things he does by themselves or by watching him.

Im tired of the same old argument that if he can take out a whole team then hunter is overpowered. Hunter is supposed to be balanced when against 4 players. I have a friend who doesnt play dying light but give him 45 mins and hes raping the guys I was struggling with. Some people have insane reaction speed or hand eye coordination and so on. Everyones unique.

I will not tell you how to counter this as then your asking to control the hunter in the wild. Your asking a bird not to fly for godsake. Dupping means potions are not valuable or saved for a more needed time and thus has changed the dynamic originally intended.

Yes a hunter can jump after failed animation but if he had tried to do so while a survivor was on a ledge or whatnot then survivor can dfa hunter if he jumps. So then he will run. Its all incidental. Many times when i jump i get sliced on my toes and thats a death.

You obviously haven't played against a competent hunting party. You try that first before telling me how dfa are simply avoidable!

Hahaha a hunter tackling a survivor trying to dfa is a major accomplishment, something a survivor could not readily attain.

I didn't call you anything I just said that remark was retarded. Again some people are just naturally talented. I am not one of those. And i doubt you are either in fact they dont even waste their time here.

So Raceystorm there is skill on both sides. I don't know if play against hunters that are way to predictable or you play hunter and you just suck, but to say humans take no skill is a lie because you would be getting easy kills left and right because they don't even know how to use a UV light or even know to have it at all times. Hell try going up against Hunters like Visceral, Ionikalex, Spinoza, Sokojik and many more here on the PC version of this game I would guarantee you would lose.

If I may add one thing and seeing how this got off track.....Does anyone know what was fixed in this recent patch?!

I don't think saying "various improvements to PvP and "minor tweaks" doesn't tell us much. The rest is pretty obvious.

"0 Skill" is an exaggeration. My main point was that the skill gap in becoming a master hunter and a master human is waay too short. Give'em both a week and the human will already most likely be a pro while the hunter is still getting his timing, spit use, and evading down pack.

Im tired of the same old argument that if he can take out a whole team then hunter is overpowered. Hunter is supposed to be balanced when against 4 players. I have a friend who doesnt play dying light but give him 45 mins and hes raping the guys I was struggling with. Some people have insane reaction speed or hand eye coordination and so on. Everyones unique.

I will not tell you how to counter this as then your asking to control the hunter in the wild. Your asking a bird not to fly for godsake. Dupping means potions are not valuable or saved for a more needed time and thus has changed the dynamic originally intended.

Yes a hunter can jump after failed animation but if he had tried to do so while a survivor was on a ledge or whatnot then survivor can dfa hunter if he jumps. So then he will run. Its all incidental. Many times when i jump i get sliced on my toes and thats a death.

You obviously haven't played against a competent hunting party. You try that first before telling me how dfa are simply avoidable!

Hahaha a hunter tackling a survivor trying to dfa is a major accomplishment, something a survivor could not readily attain.

I didn't call you anything I just said that remark was retarded. Again some people are just naturally talented. I am not one of those. And i doubt you are either in fact they dont even waste their time here.

I agree. If they make it so it's 50/50 and a Hunter actually has a nice chance of beating a 4 man team, and he does? He's OP.. if he beats 3 people, he's OP and humans come here whining for a fix.

Right now, we can all agree this is in the humans' favor. Yet they're still here whining to a point they don't even want hunters to even have a chance. Take EMtrix for example. Wtf is he here for? The game is in his favor.

All these immoral people loves imbalanced games in their favor. Make'em feel powerful. Personally I don't want to be given some sort of unfair enhancement but a lot of people do. And idk how it's fun to play a game that's too easy and removes competition.

I don't see why it has to be so common in this forum to attack folks for their points of view. And by this I also include such sophisticated arguments as "all survivor players are blah" and "all hunter players whatever" justified by evidence like "sorry... but just sayin'... and calling it how it is... your skills suck".

Always, I've pushed my sig's line of argument: for increased player control- both game based and in matchmaking- and most posters here can't even agree on such a low bar no-brainer. All of us play and have enjoyed the game, so it is in our interest to reach more consensus, if only to not discredit ourselves as the bickering goofballs of Techland BtZ forum... which is an impossibly idealistic dream, given the circumstances. :lol: Everybody bickering, so indeed, why would Techland or anybody give a damn?

How irrelevant, bigoted, or mature is it to attack somebody's point of view for playing hunter, survivor, or for having insufficient in game skill to preside over their own mental faculties concerning a game mode? To me, a beginner's assessment of the game mode is as valuable as any veteran's; maybe even more so because they have a fresh perspective. And right here, on neutral ground, we can say for all sides that the game mode is tougher towards beginners, so the argument that it is excessively skill driven is plausible. Then again it is also understandable to criticize that the game is not skill oriented enough, with things like bomber spawning or outcomes of tackles increasing the chance/luck aspects of the game to the extent that only oldest veterans experience consistency in their results, while the rest of the playing community feels they are getting undeserved wins or losses, when they consider the general levels of their opponents. 

And one last thing on cheating: we have a forum here where it is possible to advocate more player control and yet we consistently fail to do so. Therefore, players like Bad Karma and Arcane play Santa Claus and get thousands of friends to make 'em auto-crossbows and the like. All of that could have been avoided if players had been entrusted with more control over character and weapons, while being encouraged to be responsible and simply let community do its work: not just moan but praise the players and playing styles/philosophies we enjoy. That bad apples and creeps on some domination trip get called out would be automatic regulation of a healthy community. But that is an even crazier thought because our bickering and reps are apparently more important than all that. :rolleyes:

And one last thing on cheating: we have a forum here where it is possible to advocate more player control and yet we consistently fail to do so. Therefore, players like Bad Karma and Arcane play Santa Claus and get thousands of friends to make 'em auto-crossbows and the like. All of that could have been avoided if players had been entrusted with more control over character and weapons, while being encouraged to be responsible and simply let community do its work: not just moan but praise the players and playing styles/philosophies we enjoy. That bad apples and creeps on some domination trip get called out would be automatic regulation of a healthy community. But that is an even crazier thought because our bickering and reps are apparently more important than all that. :rolleyes:

I don't see how giving cheaters what they want would deter them from...cheating. Sounds counter intuitive to me. I imagine a VAC/anti-cheat system that actually punished players for cheating and didn't just put you in a different pool of players would have made a big impact.

Also being a stand alone mode would have helped greatly but that's something that would have needed to be addressed from the start. A lot of the problems people have is that one party controls all the match parameters. There's no player control when you have to play according to someone else's preferred tastes.

This is part of the reason I hardly play dl anymore. This community is so toxic. Instead of coming together, you guys want to bìtch and complain and insult each other.

In game, I can't win or lose without ppl talking shìt. Simple "gg's" aren't even considered. I lose, "oh you suck bìtch blah blah blah". I win, "Oh you suck bìtch ground pound tackle spit spammer blah blah blah". Not to mention theres many shaming videos of me still on yt. But I'm not complaining I like the publicity and entertainment of the petty.

Guys seriously, grow up. Maybe try a new game.

Edited by jonnyallen3

This is part of the reason I hardly play dl anymore. This community is so toxic. Instead of coming together, you guys want to bìtch and complain and insult each other.

In game, I can't win or lose without ppl talking shìt. Simple "gg's" aren't even considered. I lose, "oh you suck bìtch blah blah blah". I win, "Oh you suck bìtch ground pound tackle spit spammer blah blah blah". Not to mention theres many shaming videos of me still on yt. But I'm not complaining I like the publicity and entertainment of the petty.

I think that's what most people did. I sometimes play on weekends when I'm drunk and there are only the pros and cheaters left, not very fun to play against either. The game mode is pretty dead, it will never be truly balanced so better find a new game until DL2 comes (if it comes)!

That is propably because of your fame as self-proclaimed best NH on PS4, you kind of drinking what you brew. I can assure you that you would not hear any insult towards you if you would play with me, unless you'll go toxic first. I'm not experiencing trash talk very often.

I don't care anymore about balancing issues, whatever you do, you'll never satisfy everybody, there won't be never a balnce accepted by everyone. You make hunter stronger, survivors will complain and vice versa. Hunter is now about 3 times stronger than at the beginning, yet, complains never changed.

Look guys imo balancing is good since the last few updates, NH's and humans wont need anymore fixes/tweaks but there's a problem which always was in the mode:

-Duped items and hacks

And that's it...not to mention NH needs abit more skills for high rank NH's other than that its just pure practice, get better etc...
Complaining in most situations will get you nowhere its on dev's who decide...

I approve all efforts to push posts towards being more constructive.

It is not difficult to see that this effort is synonymous with not "making things personal against other forum users on your profile, picture, or signature" either. 

That is propably because of your fame as self-proclaimed best NH on PS4, you kind of drinking what you brew. I can assure you that you would not hear any insult towards you if you would play with me, unless you'll go toxic first. I'm not experiencing trash talk very often.

I don't care anymore about balancing issues, whatever you do, you'll never satisfy everybody, there won't be never a balnce accepted by everyone. You make hunter stronger, survivors will complain and vice versa. Hunter is now about 3 times stronger than at the beginning, yet, complains never changed.

I find it funny that anybody thinks I was serious. I'm as good as I was. I joked about being the greatest. People take this game too seriously. Edited by jonnyallen3

I find it funny that anybody thinks I was serious. I'm as good as I was. I joked about being the greatest. People take this game too seriously.

Hard to tell, you may as well trying to turn it into joke since it went out of control. Whatever you try to throw now as explanation, it won't wash away the impression you made even if it was intended. Most players are very young and tends to act immature, they won't get off of you that easily.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Hard to tell, you may as well trying to turn it into joke since it went out of control. Whatever you try to throw now as explanation, it won't wash away the impression you made even if it was intended. Most players are very young and tends to act immature, they won't get off of you that easily.

I really need to know where the myth "young = immaturity" came from. Because fine, people are immature. But where the hell did you get young from? 

I really need to know where the myth "young = immaturity" came from. Because fine, people are immature. But where the hell did you get young from? 

Do i have to teach you how to understand written words? It's not "young", it's "very young". Aren't "very young" people much more immature in numbers when it comes to behavior then older ones, it's not always the case, but thats what "TEND TO ACT" means if you follow, unless you don't know what tendency is. That tendency is often ruining multiplayer experience when the trash talk comes in, guess in what age are most of the gamers who TEND to having difficulties bearing a defeat?

Edited by sanjyuubi