Sign in to follow this  
EMtriX

2016-09-05 Update

Dying Light fixes: 

• Various stability improvements (including co-op) 
  • Minor tweaks and fixes 
  • Various balance tweaks regarding Be the Zombie mode

Dying Light: The Following DLC fixes: 

• Fixed losing buggy parts after playing Be the Zombie 
  • Fixed buggy paintjob replication 
  • Minor fixes improving balance

Can anyone of devs or someone else give some details what has been tweaked ? I noticed that when I as a human do a tackle on hunter he gets knocked back pretty far away from me. 

Yesterday i noticed some strange things going on, i was fighting with hunter 1v1 and i killed him with one shot to the head, I could use two flares at a time. Backward dodge has been improved so ground pound spamming is not so overpowered like it was before. I thought to myself, (they finally listened). I decided to join some people to check the falres. In 1v1 i had 2 flares at a time but in 2,3,4v1 i had 1 flare at a time. After playing couple of hours i noticed that developers tweaked something on the spot and in my next fight wit hunter 1v1 i had only 1 flare left. but fortunately backward dodge is better so ground pound spammers are failing miserably, for me 1v1 is a lot better now. Bye noskill ground pound spamming brainless idiots :)

Yesterday i noticed some strange things going on, i was fighting with hunter 1v1 and i killed him with one shot to the head, I could use two flares at a time. Backward dodge has been improved so ground pound spamming is not so overpowered like it was before. I thought to myself, (they finally listened). I decided to join some people to check the falres. In 1v1 i had 2 flares at a time but in 2,3,4v1 i had 1 flare at a time. After playing couple of hours i noticed that developers tweaked something on the spot and in my next fight wit hunter 1v1 i had only 1 flare left. but fortunately backward dodge is better so ground pound spammers are failing miserably, for me 1v1 is a lot better now. Bye noskill ground pound spamming brainless idiots  :)

The idiocy in your comment. Humans lack so much chupacabra skill. It takes 0 skill to be human. All you do is spam dodge, UV, and flares. And like you said, you're even one shotting us now.

That chupacabra isn't even fair. Our spits take about an hour to explode, so you could literally wait a good while, THEN dodge and still get out of range fast enough. 

While Night Hunters gotta be SUPER precise with our attacks, we have to WAIT and calculate a good time to pounce, we have to time our attacks out perfectly in order for us to not be bombarded with UV and drop kicks and even being one shotted. We have to use speed which is completely useless if you're not in countryside. We basically have to calculate OUR EVERY MOVE while for humans, it's simple: Spam dodge, Spam UV, hit us 3-4 times and they're good. They can charge at us whenever tf they want. They don't need to play anything out. They just go in full force swinging swords and duping and spamming and...just like you, they LITERALLY want Night "Hunters"(ironic) to have 0 chance to win against a human. Or at least have a.. idk, 5% chance to win, IF they're generous. And honestly our only easy method to keep you chupacabra blood sucking leeches off of our backs is Ground Pound. And you even wanna take THAT chupacabra away from us.

All you want is for you to win each and every game and not have a challenging Night Hunter to sit your @ss down. If they made an update today or tomorrow making this game balanced out 50/50, I bet you'd whine again. "OMFG WHY ARE U MAKING IT BALANCED? How dare you not favor us anymore?!".

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

Raceystorm3124, Removed like you are generally coming from consoles and have almost no skill as a hunter. First of all i would like to remind you i am talking about 1v1. In 1v1 every ground pound + uv spit equals death to human because of the GP + spit combo works every time. Combo is overpowered to the point where human have no options to defend against that. I agree that dropkick chains are unfair, but remember that telebombers are unfair too, Human cant execute dropkick chain in 1v1. Telebombers are working in 1v1 and they are working like a charm many many times. So in 1v1 game bugs are working in hunters favor. Next example is tackle trigger distance. Sometimes when human is on the roof and he falls from it hunter can tackle human from sth. like 10 metres away which is practically impossible to dodge. Human can run away from GP + spit combo but eventually he has to get on the ground just to be killed from GP + uv spit combo. You are probably not playing as a human in 1v1, that is why your comment is so stupid. One more funny thing is that everytime i am asking REMOVED like you "what would you do better" all i here is .... nothing, they have no ideas, they stay silent. They just dont know what they would do better, many times they say " i suck as a human or i dont play as a human".

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Insults removed

How long has Emtrix been playing and he still things bugs work in hunters favour.

Telebombers only recently started happening in the numbers they are today, which mind you isnt too often. My horde fails to show up about twice as often as Telebombers. Which im counting on while going against infinite stamina/dodges and a uv light flashing in my face. Btw hunters using controllers are severely nerfed.

Shooting in head and DFA as OHK is overpowered. A kick and a swing from a hammer is OHK still and very easy. Humans can still dodge mid air and other glitches i cant recall. Before i would run into campers now thats been delt with its just hackers and blatant ones. Many survivor grievance's have been delt with swiftly, meanwhile hunters still have same problems from day one.

Since our last discussion Emtrix I can tell you/most people think its better to take the easy way out. Ie come on this form and whine about your cake having to much icing.

Raceystorm3124, Idiots like you are generally coming from consoles and have almost no skill as a hunter. First of all i would like to remind you i am talking about 1v1. In 1v1 every ground pound + uv spit equals death to human because of the GP + spit combo works every time. Combo is overpowered to the point where human have no options to defend against that. I agree that dropkick chains are unfair, but remember that telebombers are unfair too, Human cant execute dropkick chain in 1v1. Telebombers are working in 1v1 and they are working like a charm many many times. So in 1v1 game bugs are working in hunters favor. Next example is tackle trigger distance. Sometimes when human is on the roof and he falls from it hunter can tackle human from sth. like 10 metres away which is practically impossible to dodge. Human can run away from GP + spit combo but eventually he has to get on the ground just to be killed from GP + uv spit combo. You are probably not playing as a human in 1v1, that is why your comment is so stupid. One more funny thing is that everytime i am asking idiots like you "what would you do better" all i here is .... nothing, they have no ideas, they stay silent. They just dont know what they would do better, many times they say " i suck as a human or i dont play as a human".

Yeah, 1v1 is clearly in Hunter's favor these days, which is also due to flare nerf, where the recent cutting of cool down time, which was billed as "tweaking things back towards survivors" will still leave the 1v1 survivor defenseless after UV spit and/or the flare has been ground pounded for enough time to have no tactical reply other than to pray that hunter looses sight of the Q button.

And Emtrix is right: to see both sides, folks should play both sides. While there is a legitimate list of complaints that folks could argue to be game breaking, such as flare situation in 1v1, inconsistencies with hits, hunter tackle being op and such... I feel the game's awesomeness isn't mentioned enough. In that spirit:

Yeah, 1v1 is clearly in Hunter's favor these days, which is also due to flare nerf, where the recent cutting of cool down time, which was billed as "tweaking things back towards survivors" will still leave the 1v1 survivor defenseless after UV spit and/or the flare has been ground pounded for enough time to have no tactical reply other than to pray that hunter looses sight of the Q button.

And Emtrix is right: to see both sides, folks should play both sides. While there is a legitimate list of complaints that folks could argue to be game breaking, such as flare situation in 1v1, inconsistencies with hits, hunter tackle being op and such... I feel the game's awesomeness isn't mentioned enough. In that spirit:

I see that part of the newest tweaks was not to fix the gigantic hitbox on DFA. Great...

Edited by A. Ryan

EMtriX, on 13 Sept 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:
Raceystorm3124, Idiots like you are generally coming from consoles and have almost no skill as a hunter. First of all i would like to remind you i am talking about 1v1. In 1v1 every ground pound + uv spit equals death to human because of the GP + spit combo works every time. 

I'm sure they do work every time. But I don't use that combo. I'm tryna do new stuff. But I can't even experiment without at LEAST getting a chance to try the sh** Point is, it doesn't take much skill to be a human. Humans are literally BUILT on spams and glitches. Whether is dodge spam, UV spam, or dropkick spam. And you even have OHK's. In 1v1's Hunters can't spam SH*T besides GP. And when we utilize what works best for us, you complain about it.

Combo is overpowered to the point where human have no options to defend against that. I agree that dropkick chains are unfair, but remember that telebombers are unfair too, Human cant execute dropkick chain in 1v1. 

Yeah, but my combo was about 2v2 and up.

Telebombers are working in 1v1 and they are working like a charm many many times. So in 1v1 game bugs are working in hunters favor.

I haven't played PvP in a long time. Except last week, played a few games, got pissed and bored and quit again.

Next example is tackle trigger distance. Sometimes when human is on the roof and he falls from it hunter can tackle human from sth. like 10 metres away which is practically impossible to dodge. Human can run away from GP + spit combo but eventually he has to get on the ground just to be killed from GP + uv spit combo. 

Oh really? When a Hunter keeps you on your toes, it's a bad thing? You're really just bitching. As much as you keep us on our toes with your UV spam, chupacabra I instigate the hunters to do it.

You are probably not playing as a human in 1v1, that is why your comment is so stupid. One more funny thing is that every time i am asking idiots like you "what would you do better" all i here is .... nothing, they have no ideas, they stay silent. They just dont know what they would do better, many times they say " i suck as a human or i dont play as a human".

And you're the idiot who doesn't like a challenge. You don't like a coin with 1 head and 1 tails, you just want it to work 100% in your favor, and not have any Hunters giving you a problem or putting up a fight and keep a double-head coin. All you complained about was tactics and strategies Hunters used to try and debunk the sh*t you humans pull. I seriously hope they fix the game to make it 50/50, then I wanna see you in the forums complaining about how much of a fight we put up for you.

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

It takes 0 skill to be human. All you do is spam dodge, UV, and flares.

What kind of hole did you crawl from?

If what you're saying is true, then i'm a f.....g hunter genius, because i'm winning 70-80% matches and i don't know if you're aware of that, but you just admitted, that you have problems with 0 skill humans. That is rather sad, because i'm just quitting when i see 0 skill humans who struggle to even use UV flashlight properly.

The bases for mastering both modes are different. Survivor have to be skilled in using his equipment (fast weapon/item switching according to situation), have good response times and keeping the track of hunter in sight. Hunter is all about timings, precision an environment awarness. Being good at handling controls helps in survivor mode (you have to press 4 keys to perform dropkick, very skilled players can execute dropkick almost instantly from the place they're standing), hunter controls are rather rough and prompt based. It's like a sun and day or... hunter and victim.

I'm not 0 skill human, so that should make me omnipotent, but for some reason, i'm not. Maybe that makes me -10 skill human in reality?

Edited by sanjyuubi

Why does Emtrix prefer to play alone?

Cause its easy kills and weakened hunter.

1v2 is also in survivors favour as 2 uv lights makes life very hard as people just uv hunter and partner. Which is very easy and effective. Next is dk chains and poor hunter health/hit points.

So while you "survivors" complain about 1v1 being in hunters favour, this is only due to one rude move. You guys have many cheap moves. Many!

Why does Emtrix prefer to play alone?

Cause its easy kills and weakened hunter.

1v2 is also in survivors favour as 2 uv lights makes life very hard as people just uv hunter and partner. Which is very easy and effective. Next is dk chains and poor hunter health/hit points.

So while you "survivors" complain about 1v1 being in hunters favour, this is only due to one rude move. You guys have many cheap moves. Many!

I assure you that you would preffer to fight one emtrix than two emtrixes. Challenge emtrix and two of the other skilled humans (spinoza, visceral, sokojik and many others) to fight with you. Then you'll be crying that 3vs1 it is easy to kill weakened hunter, then you'll be crying that ist's easy to kill weakened hunter in 4vs1 and so on? Really? More UV resistance in 4vs1 doesn't make you celestial king. It sure takes longer to play, but you'll perish anyway with good set of humans. Playing hunter requires PATIENCE and THINKING. I don't know why everybody feel that they should have right to win every battle, it's double sided edge. If you're not satisfied as a hunter, then play as survivor. What? It's too hard? But didn't somebody said that it requires 0 skill to win with hunter? If yes, then why there's so many survivors complaining?

I can notice what i'm doing wrong in both modes, but to "repair" it, it would require to get serious like preparing to olympic games, i don't think it's very glorious to devote yourself to hone skills for game, so i'm not interested.

I was always complaining more to few hunter mechanics, than about survivors themselves. Techland choosed the "nerf" way of fixing things, rather than looking into the core of problem.

Edited by sanjyuubi

How can one even "spam UV"?  Lmao. 

RaceyStorm probably got destroyed by barely mid-tier Survivors from the way he thinks "dodge spamming, UV spam and flares" is enough for any Survivor to win against any Hunter, which in turn means he's mediocre as well. This ain't pre-1.11, buddy.

Edited by Vallon

I assure you that you would preffer to fight one emtrix than two emtrixes. Challenge emtrix and two of the other skilled humans (spinoza, visceral, sokojik and many others) to fight with you. Then you'll be crying that 3vs1 it is easy to kill weakened hunter, then you'll be crying that ist's easy to kill weakened hunter in 4vs1 and so on? Really? More UV resistance in 4vs1 doesn't make you celestial king. It sure takes longer to play, but you'll perish anyway with good set of humans. Playing hunter requires PATIENCE and THINKING. I don't know why everybody feel that they should have right to win every battle, it's double sided edge. If you're not satisfied as a hunter, then play as survivor. What? It's too hard? But didn't somebody said that it requires 0 skill to win with hunter? If yes, then why there's so many survivors complaining?

I can notice what i'm doing wrong in both modes, but to "repair" it, it would require to get serious like preparing to olympic games, i don't think it's very glorious to devote yourself to hone skills for game, so i'm not interested.

I was always complaining more to few hunter mechanics, than about survivors themselves. Techland chooses the "nerf" way of fixing things, rather than looking into the core of problem.

Yes in fact, ive had the "pleasure" of invading a party you just spoke of and its not fun for a casual player. Physically they are tough. Secondly going against one is time consuming due to unlimited stamina which makes it easy for others to uv,crossbow,dfa and dk while we are usually only physically able to attack 1 player. Yes we got gp but we still only 1 person against many.

Many times I only find these parties in the lobby. Why must i choose to either go against the people who play all the time or use a hunter thats as weak as the humans i feel to play as a true hunter against? Lame..

Hunter is not weakened against 3 survivors. Or 4. 1v4 is the best for hunter. Patience and thinking means NOTHING now. Due to hunter being easier to find than the survivor, tackle dodgability while gp being nerfed near solid objects means ambush is deadly only if hunter has great aim spitting or uses spit smash which humans foolishly whine about. Or he can just choose not to upgrade his spits for easy sticking.

Either way the main person i find on the lobby is Emtrix which is just retarded. Why must i always be paired with same people! There like millions of players out there!

But jeez its like GTA out there sometimes. If hunter must spends his time on lobby just to find hackers on both VAC or no means he must adapt. However i myself will do no such thing. Maybe unlimited uv block and spits would be fair against a troop of veterans. Technically speaking of course. As i think im average player.

What im saying is if i must be paired with the veterans why can they choose difficultly if it doesnt affect their campaign while we as hunters are limited to lobby after first match? Hunter should choose the difficulty while human may choose to play at the difficulty hunter has declared via settings in lobby.

Edited by nickmad92

How can one even "spam UV"?  Lmao. 

RaceyStorm probably got destroyed by barely mid-tier Survivors from the way he thinks "dodge spamming, UV spam and flares" is enough for any Survivor to win against any Hunter, which in turn means he's mediocre as well. This ain't pre-1.11, buddy.

I noticed that everybod is demanding a right to win, it is because you're clashing two types of characters with different abilities. If it would be just a deathmatch between 4 Cranes VS 4 Cranes, ther would be no cries because all players posses same abilities. While i admit, that there are some problems, on both sides to be honest, many people forgetting about the most important factor - a skill, and NH hunter requires different set of human skills to handle his controls. I was crying at the beginning too as NH, but since i calmed and clouds are spread away, i started to see the big picture.

To Nickmad92:

Emtrix lost to Visceral not so long ago without killing him even once.

Yes in fact, ive had the "pleasure" of invading a party you just spoke of and its not fun for a casual player. Physically they are tough. Secondly going against one is time consuming due to unlimited stamina which makes it easy for others to uv,crossbow,dfa and dk while we are usually only physically able to attack 1 player. Yes we got gp but we still only 1 person against many.

Many times I only find these parties in the lobby. Why must i choose to either go against the people who play all the time or use a hunter thats as weak as the humans i feel to play as a true hunter against? Lame..

Hunter is not weakened against 3 survivors. Or 4. 1v4 is the best for hunter. Patience and thinking means NOTHING now. Due to hunter being easier to find than the survivor, tackle dodgability while gp being nerfed near solid objects means ambush is deadly only if hunter has great aim spitting or uses spit smash which humans foolishly whine about. Or he can just choose not to upgrade his spits for easy sticking.

Either way the main person i find on the lobby is Emtrix which is just retarded. Why must i always be paired with same people! There like millions of players out there!

But jeez its like GTA out there sometimes. If hunter must spends his time on lobby just to find hackers on both VAC or no means he must adapt. However i myself will do no such thing. Maybe unlimited uv block and spits would be fair against a troop of veterans. Technically speaking of course. As i think im average player.

What im saying is if i must be paired with the veterans why can they choose difficultly if it doesnt affect their campaign while we as hunters are limited to lobby after first match? Hunter should choose the difficulty while human may choose to play at the difficulty hunter has declared via settings in lobby.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but i'm not talking about that kind of patience you think, i'm talking about being calm and reasonable during fight, not just jumping blindly.

It's only natural that while you are ranking up, you're getting better opponents right? There are no millions players anymore. You are palying handfull set of players, because that much of them are at the top.

I had a pleasure to win in 1vs4 with a  team like sokojik, an_gamer, assasin and one more i don't remember (and i'm so far from being at the top).

I have a tip for you, start a new game and when you reach a rank where you're satisfied with your opponents, go and set save file as read only. You won't be able to save anymore and you're hunter will be locked at that  rank.

Edited by sanjyuubi

I have a tip for you, start a new game and when you reach a rank where you're satisfied with your opponents, go and set save file as read only. You won't be able to save anymore and you're hunter will be locked at that rank.

Now thats good advice . Will go for level 50 so i get all moves but fewer veterans. Yet last session i swear i played 6 games all containing shameless hackers. 3 hours of wasted life that was.

Its just not exciting anymore as every situation has happened before. Only thing different is new survivor hacks. Im an older hunter. Why do you assume im new?

Now thats good advice . Will go for level 50 so i get all moves but fewer veterans. Yet last session i swear i played 6 games all containing shameless hackers. 3 hours of wasted life that was.

Its just not exciting anymore as every situation has happened before. Only thing different is new survivor hacks. Im an older hunter. Why do you assume im new?

Because you arent very good, quitting the games and bitching in games isnt the right way to learn man...

Im not trying to learn anything. Why must hunter learn anything. Im a monster why must I think deeply of my environment? Thats a humans job.

I use xbox controller with massive UHD tv at 2 Gps internet line and choose not to exploit spits as most here do. But still i get by. But no i have to either waste my life on this game like you guys or just be super talented like vicereal, just to have a valued opinion here? Pfft Ive won against each of you guys and better survivors who dont glorify themselves! I destroy Chickeninja but his opionions are more valid than myn! You guys are more pretentious than high school cheerleaders! Wtf

Expecting to teach someone YOUR ways is not gonna happen. I dont play against 2 hand weapons as its a joke how powerful they are. Im not wasting MY time with playing against àssholes because techland didnt give hunter option to join friends. But no im stuck with the same self obsessed túrds.

So if im forced to play the geek elite, im not gonna play by their rules. If they are rude or distasteful i leave and look for better better game. Im the one wasting MY time looking for games, only to find hackers or elites who use the game to THEIR liking.

No thank you and good day sir!

This is what he's talking about. It's the last known change to ground pound that I can think of.

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11511-be-the-zombie-mode-patch-notes/#entry39904

But that's from forever ago and you could never rain after a pound. I was under the impression it got stealth-nerfed recently. With Hyper Mode you could pull off a DFA after a Ground Pound, though obviously not anymore.

Guess it's nothing then.

Edited by Vallon

Its not nothing, its as i said. Before u could smash a survivor like a bug against the wall. They would end up exactly where u would expect. Now they fly in a more random direction and often enp up above the hunter after a successful gp on to an object. Its definitely not as before.