Sign in to follow this  
sanjyuubi

Alternative Ways For Techland To Punish Users Of Upsetting Modded Items

Maybe the Techland is unable to track all modded itmes that breaks the gameplay, but they should be at least  be able to set a range of properties for weapons allowed in multiplayer and punish their users with negative effect, for e.g. bolts shot from autocrossbow would heal NH instead of taking damage or doing nothing at all.

What do you think about such ways of punishing shameless cheaters?

Edited by sanjyuubi

Just 2 cents of summer armchair philosophy; all personal and not even interesting:

I don't think much of punishment in general because that always implies a system of control/enforcement, which people end up corrupting and glitching from all sides. This always guarantees false positives, corrupt police, and vain judges; usually not even solving the things it proposes to solve.

Or you can imagine a scenario where you live in some utopia because everybody has a gun pointed at their heads. Is living cheat-free worth this? And what about the guys holding the guns? Are they superhuman and impossible to corrupt? How so?

Perhaps if we get overly upset at cheaters, and I most certainly do occasionally, our time may be better spent enjoying ourselves with buddies or not playing at all, to make better use of our time/mind. That's where all of us can beat all malicious cheaters all the time: taking care to take care of our awesomeness.  :D 

There were other cases of punishing players on other games, for e.g. hacking overpowered car into multiplayer will end up with explosion if you try to enter it. Currently, of all modded items only auto crossbow makes blood boils, so it should be fairly easy to detect it and do something with that like decrease range to 1m or other thing that makes it barely usable in invasions.

Edited by sanjyuubi

i agree with you, BtZ mode is great and i hope it wont die soon because it is fantastic. Many players are quitting it or not buying the game because they heard about cheaters plague on all platforms. I think Devs should listen to us and fix minor glitches like end credits and telebombers because more players would buy their game to play BtZ, I am starting to be more popular among the dying light community, some people from consoles are buying PC's and PC versions of Dying Light just to play with me or spinoza, We are making community growing by showing our tactics, showing how fun this mode can be. Some people are saying the game is not profitable anymore and  devs are not giving a damn about it anymore, but it's not true, just a few minor fixes could bring more new players to buy the game and try BtZ mode.

We are making community growing by showing our tactics, showing how fun this mode can be.

Nice! Especially growing the community by e.g. getting beginners to appreciate the mode so that everybody can have more fun playing a varied set of opponents.

Forums like this are opportunity to share footage of that. I mean, I love everybody's edits of their awesomeness... but showing others and growing the player base is good for everybody playing + is still harder to do.