Sign in to follow this  
jonnyallen3

Why Is A Night Hunters Agility Nerfed On Console?

Ever since I switched to PC, I noticed Night Hunters have much more agility. When you jump from a sprint and turn, on PC you keep momentum in the direction you turn. On console as soon as you turn you lose all momentum. Is there a reason for this?

I remember before the following released, on PS4 at least you had great turning momentum and it allowed you to be evasive and it was something that especially distincted skilled Night Hunters. I feel like we gave that up for tendril sprint on PS4. Yet on PC the turning agility is still there.

You guys should really consider giving that agility back to console Night Hunters. It's no wonder I felt so gimped after The Following released.

Also, while we're on the subject. As a Night Hunter, can sprint sensitivity be the same as regular sensitivity? I hate how turning slows down when you sprint. That agility is crucial for a Night Hinter to be successful. Please fix this. I would love to come back to console one day and not feel gimped.

Edited by jonnyallen3

They've changed NOTHING with the update. This is plainly pathetic what this mode has become. Sure, BtZ was patched so that NH now takes less damage when playing against more than 2 survivors. It took TL over a year to take notice of this and many imbalances (it's one NH against four gold tier weapons, instant heal survivors!!). This insignificant change really means that it takes longer for NH to die, and axe combos are still pretty much 1-hit kills, if youre lucky and live after axe damage NH still has to run away. Night Hunter.. but in reality more like Night Ground Pound Spammer or Night Noob Hunter, your only chance of winning a 1v2, 1v3, or 1v4 match

NH's overall mobility is the worse and Tendroil movement is now worsened by sloppy and clunky controls, as if NH is a weight swinging on thread. Good luck landing a GP on narrow surfaces, where many survivors camp for the Dfa. The only way to get around this is maybe turning off auto-aim for starters (good luck with your spits landing). Getting NH out of cramped spaces remains a needless challenge. I've also played many matches where I've clearly jumped away from survivors and yet still get hit/tackled. By God man, what is DL thinking? Survivors were made even stronger and more agile with The Following update--nothing for NH.

I've never seen a video of Devs playing this mode, which says much.

Sorry man, but this troll mode can be nerve-wrecking

That's just PC in general, everything is faster. That's why people usually say keyboard and mouse is superior to pads. You have more speed and precision because of the high dpi on a mouse versus analog stick.

You will never achieve that speed on console.

That's just PC in general, everything is faster. That's why people usually say keyboard and mouse is superior to pads. You have more speed and precision because of the high dpi on a mouse versus analog stick.

You will never achieve that speed on console.

To add to this, FoV also makes movement look considerably faster than on Console, due to the amount of visible background traveling past you as you move.

Everything isn't faster, it's literally a complete difference. You turn on a sprint in PC, you keep momentum. On PS4 you completely lose it. It needs to be fixed. Quit trying to turn this into a console war. There's a reason a play on both.

Everything isn't faster, it's literally a complete difference. You turn on a sprint in PC, you keep momentum. On PS4 you completely lose it. It needs to be fixed. Quit trying to turn this into a console war. There's a reason a play on both.

It's not a console war (PC is console?), it's fact. I'm stating the obvious advantages keyboard and mouse have over pads in FPS and why you're experiencing slower turn speed.

Source: I have both PC and PS4.

Edited by jcks

Yeah the fact that you use a stick on controller means you must hold turn until you see tackle icon where as with a mouse and keypad you just swipe the mouse the amount you feel will be nessesary to turn to that angle so hunters have much greater speed when sprinting. Thats why you will see the legends getting so many tackles. And then see me running around in circles while in sprint.

Also to tackle on controller you must let go of the right stick to tap the tackle button which is half a second slower than using mouse and keypad.

With sticks your turning until you get somewhere but with mouse you just swipe the mouse a certain amount to turn a certain angle.

If you want to play competitively on pc then use pc equipment. If you watch the best hunters you will see them tackle a survivor from a total 90 degree angle in a second.

Yeah the fact that you use a stick on controller means you must hold turn until you see tackle icon where as with a mouse and keypad you just swipe the mouse the amount you feel will be nessesary to turn to that angle so hunters have much greater speed when sprinting. Thats why you will see the legends getting so many tackles. And then see me running around in circles while in sprint.

Also to tackle on controller you must let go of the right stick to tap the tackle button which is half a second slower than using mouse and keypad.

With sticks your turning until you get somewhere but with mouse you just swipe the mouse a certain amount to turn a certain angle.

If you want to play competitively on pc then use pc equipment. If you watch the best hunters you will see them tackle a survivor from a total 90 degree angle in a second.

All great points! But remember, you can switch button layouts entirely on the PS4. So the normal Tackle input can be switched to clicking down on R3/L3 when you play DL to always be ready for Tackles :3

It's really annoying though, having to switch back and forth for individual games. The feature was more made for gamers with disabilities that would have it on permanently.

He propably means that if you jump during sprint, you'll be moving in the direction you are looking without losing the speed (even when turned 180°) instead of losing it or pulling hunter in the direction of jump.

I guessed, i was just letting those who dont know in on the full story. As the question is not a very clear one so tried to answer as broadly as possible . Took me a while to find out mouse and keypad allow instant 90 degree turns and tackles. Its how the pros play is it not?