Sign in to follow this  
Schoolshooter95

Different Ways Of Landing A Spit

I have noticed that I have become pretty dependent on ground pound to land a spit consistently. This is bad because as soon as I missed I get killed and now missing GP is my main cause of death.

So my question is this... How many different ways of landing a spit is there? So far I have tried.

Spitting pounce stun: Put up the UV shield, firing the spit near them, pouncing them to hold them in place.

Problem: When I fire the spit there is a "cool down" time were I cannot pounce them. By the time I can they have dodged out to far from the spit.

Tendril tackle: first fire the spit and then tendril right in front of them and tackle. The idea is the player is held in place by the tackle animation whilst the spit goes of.

Problem: I simply have not managed to pull it of yet and it seems to require a more of less flat surface to work. Although I see no reason why this would not work. 

Both of these moves have worked for me, and half the time i dont plan on it such as when i miss a spit it flies behind survivor then he comes running at me and I tackle him back into the spit. They dont see it coming. My personal favourite is to tendril towards survivor in air then use UV block and spit right in front of them and come up behind them and either pounce or tackle them into the spit behind them. Tweak your timing on whether you plan on tackling into spit or pouncing or failing pounce and tackle to keep them by closer placed spit. Those moves you suggested just in combination!

There was dude that posted a thread on the humans sweetspot behind them. You must be thinking about getting there when you hope to achieve a successful pounce as your placed spit is used as a distraction. When you want to tackle into spit then you spit where you expect the human to fly which is determined by the angle you tackle them. Thats the hardest one but feels great when Timed and Placed well. Works easy if they by a wall and u spit on it. But yeah easier said then done, those moments are very rare for me as one who uses controller but i find it works easier on matches with lots of lag. I would say its near impossible actually.

Edited by nickmad92

The spit tackle is one of my favorite and can be easy once you get used to it. The one issue I've found though is if you spit abd then go for tackle it's better uf they dodge it. I have connected my tackles and knocked then away from it.