Sign in to follow this  
Schoolshooter95

Uv Heal Good Or Rubbish.

Recently I leveled my hunter up enough to use uv heal. I had only heard bad things about it.  But then sometimes I hear survivors whining about it. This would suggest that it is actually good.

Soooo do you know of any tricks that you can do with uv heal? I heard you can make up for a missed ground pound with it; But I tried it and it failed horribly. (I just got killed)  

Recently I leveled my hunter up enough to use uv heal. I had only heard bad things about it.  But then sometimes I hear survivors whining about it. This would suggest that it is actually good.

Soooo do you know of any tricks that you can do with uv heal? I heard you can make up for a missed ground pound with it; But I tried it and it failed horribly. (I just got killed)  

You have to have almost full health to use it as cancel. It's doesn't allow you to cancel GP instantly, but it's maybe half time or normal GP fail. It might save you when you will be hit by toxic arrow and have almost no HP.

It's not a bad skill in our bag. I usually use mine if I'm below 40% and have 1 UV block and the second one at least half way charged.

It's great for bothering humans at a nest and being able to get right back in there. Some survivors will assume you're gone when you escape with low HP. There is a chance for a angled pounce if moving quick. I've also used it to keep me alive on a failed ground pound.

If you miss a ground pound and you're around 60% hp, activate it right away and hold it. I've had survivors hit me 4-5 times but heal kept me up and was able to escape. If it doesn't work... well.... you were dead anyways. I've even had humans stop attacking after 2 swings cause they didn't expect it and I leave at full HP. This also fills stamina.

I want to say rubbish as when activated you look down and cant see what's coming. You also cant dodge or move when UV healing while can humans dodge and walk using medkits. You shine bright like a diamond when healing so survivors easily see ur healing. You also have to sacrifice a valuable UV block. So against a medkit I would say its rubbish.

But its nice to play with and does work in the situations previously mentioned above.

I love the skill. Any time you're facing a large number of Humans, it's really useful to have when you manage to kill/incapacitate one and are completely drained against the other(s). Had a match recently where I was able to kill 2/3, then use UV Heal to have enough energy/health to take out #3.

As others have said above me, it's also very useful for "appearing" like you're running away to give the Humans tunnel vision, at which point you can UV Heal and rush back into the fray. Be careful using it too close, though, because the "animation" of beginning the UV Heal can be interrupted.

There are few cool tricks for Uv heal:

1. Uv Heal + 180 + Uv spit or Horde spit = auto pounce or tackle with from the spot

2. Uv Heal from fail gp= be careful if someone uses 2 handed weapons in 95  % chances youre dead either with tackle + swing, swing takes about 70-80 % of your hp + tackle 20-30 or so, ppl can use also kicks in those combo's or they swarm you with slashes which also works. The most deadliest is if they throw weapons 2handed ones which is instant kill

3. Uv heal angle pounce = most people dont expect you to do angle pounces which can lead in double or even quad leapfrog if theyre close together and fail to use uv's

4. Uv heal as stealth = this is most unused one at NH gameplay because i've seen that few people use it like Visceral, NecroNatka, ionikalex and me idk who other hunter's are, but after Uv heal there's a short amount of time that it seems you wont take damage, you can either tendril + sprint behind the targets and insta pounce/tackle or escape

So basically there are alot of useful tactics related to Uv heal, its your choice how you will utilize it.

There are few cool tricks for Uv heal:

1. Uv Heal + 180 + Uv spit or Horde spit = auto pounce or tackle with from the spot

2. Uv Heal from fail gp= be careful if someone uses 2 handed weapons in 95  % chances youre dead either with tackle + swing, swing takes about 70-80 % of your hp + tackle 20-30 or so, ppl can use also kicks in those combo's or they swarm you with slashes which also works. The most deadliest is if they throw weapons 2handed ones which is instant kill

3. Uv heal angle pounce = most people dont expect you to do angle pounces which can lead in double or even quad leapfrog if theyre close together and fail to use uv's

4. Uv heal as stealth = this is most unused one at NH gameplay because i've seen that few people use it like Visceral, NecroNatka, ionikalex and me idk who other hunter's are, but after Uv heal there's a short amount of time that it seems you wont take damage, you can either tendril + sprint behind the targets and insta pounce/tackle or escape

So basically there are alot of useful tactics related to Uv heal, its your choice how you will utilize it.

Interesting !! Are you able to upload video of these tricks in action?