Sign in to follow this  
RaceyStorm3124

Pro Humans Should Still Have A Hard Time

I understand re-coding things can take a long time and it's a hassle to work on an old project if you're trying to work on a new one. But instead of completely re-coding something new, just edit the stuff you have. Like just edit the stamina code and let them have limited stamina. It would make the game funner in general. It'll have the humans working harder, just as hard as the NH's. It'll also make co-op more fun and intense. At night, you actually run out of hitting stamina, which means you can't just fight ALL night. You actually run out of running stamina.

When the trailers dropped for this game, I was expecting something like me and my cousin(we both love intense and scary moments) just running for our lives(even at max level) from the volatiles at night. Since he's younger and I got more experience with games in general, he likes to try to keep up with me(or try and rambo the enemies himself with the weakest weapons) and it's funny whenever he tries but can't, then I have to save him, then we either barely make it or we both die.

Point is of that whole story, that's how Dying Light should have been from the start. Even at max level it should be that intense at night. Not when at max level it's just hack and slash and volatiles are no longer a threat. I mean, think about it. At night now, I just run around, I don't care anymore. And I'm sure no one else does either. Chargers aren't an issue either. Rarely die fighting them.

Just make the game a challenge again just by simply recoding the stamina to never actually be infinite. Of course humans willr age at me and whatever because people hate change. The game is lop-sided toward them, why would they want it to change? I'm a human and personally I want it to change. It would just be funner. Funner to play with friends if there's a lot of intense moments at night and even more intense moments when playing against the NH.

Regular zombies (i.e. virals, walkers, volatiles, chargers, etc.) should level up themselves and get harder as you progress. And if it's co-op where there's all kinda of different level humans, it goes by whichever human is the highest rank. Meaning if there's 2 noobs, 1 mid-level player, and 1 pro, then the zombies damage and speed by default should be as good as the pros' speed. It'll DEFINITELY make the game harder, but that's the FUN part.

I'll never understand the fun in winning EVERYTHING by a lop-sided broken system.

I understand re-coding things can take a long time and it's a hassle to work on an old project if you're trying to work on a new one. But instead of completely re-coding something new, just edit the stuff you have. Like just edit the stamina code and let them have limited stamina. It would make the game funner in general. It'll have the humans working harder, just as hard as the NH's. It'll also make co-op more fun and intense. At night, you actually run out of hitting stamina, which means you can't just fight ALL night. You actually run out of running stamina.

When the trailers dropped for this game, I was expecting something like me and my cousin(we both love intense and scary moments) just running for our lives(even at max level) from the volatiles at night. Since he's younger and I got more experience with games in general, he likes to try to keep up with me(or try and rambo the enemies himself with the weakest weapons) and it's funny whenever he tries but can't, then I have to save him, then we either barely make it or we both die.

Point is of that whole story, that's how Dying Light should have been from the start. Even at max level it should be that intense at night. Not when at max level it's just hack and slash and volatiles are no longer a threat. I mean, think about it. At night now, I just run around, I don't care anymore. And I'm sure no one else does either. Chargers aren't an issue either. Rarely die fighting them.

Just make the game a challenge again just by simply recoding the stamina to never actually be infinite. Of course humans willr age at me and whatever because people hate change. The game is lop-sided toward them, why would they want it to change? I'm a human and personally I want it to change. It would just be funner. Funner to play with friends if there's a lot of intense moments at night and even more intense moments when playing against the NH.

Regular zombies (i.e. virals, walkers, volatiles, chargers, etc.) should level up themselves and get harder as you progress. And if it's co-op where there's all kinda of different level humans, it goes by whichever human is the highest rank. Meaning if there's 2 noobs, 1 mid-level player, and 1 pro, then the zombies damage and speed by default should be as good as the pros' speed. It'll DEFINITELY make the game harder, but that's the FUN part.

I'll never understand the fun in winning EVERYTHING by a lop-sided broken system.

one word: idiot or troll :) you decide. If you cant win against humans, try to get better, do not cry and wine to devs to make the game worse.

Edited by EMtriX

one word: idiot or troll :) you decide. If you cant win against humans, try to get better, do not cry and wine to devs to make the game worse.

Balancing is making the game worse? I never knew that.

You must be a human who spams dodge all his life, dupes everything spams grapple, has like the highest tier weapons, and vehicle is maxed out too.

Night hunters? Lemme see, long @ss spit cooldowns, not to mention you dodge the sh## out of them anyway with no stamina penalty, we get a penalty for missing a GP when you guys simply just dodge spam then UV then pretty much everything else to get away from that too, we take 4 years to respawn while you --

I don't need to go further. You're obviously a bigot who hates change for the better. As long as it's in your favor you couldn't possibly care less.

Balancing is making the game worse? I never knew that. (Even with infinite stamina, speed booster and dodge spam good hunter can easily catch up human, i dont know who are you playing with, but hunters i play with can use tendrils speed)

You must be a human who spams dodge all his life, dupes everything spams grapple, has like the highest tier weapons, and vehicle is maxed out too. (i am not spamming dodge because this is impossible on the map i am playing - old town, there are too many narrow corners, nice try with your assumptions taken out from your chupacabra xd)

Night hunters? Lemme see, long @ss spit cooldowns, not to mention you dodge the sh## out of them anyway with no stamina penalty, we get a penalty for missing a GP when you guys simply just dodge spam then UV then pretty much everything else to get away from that too, we take 4 years to respawn while you -- cooldowns are good right now, you have to think before using spits, use your brain, sth you probably dont even know you have, use it and you will see a difference. Death penalty after missed GP is great idea, because when human gets hit by a GP he will be spit-sticked for 100%, if not it means human is facing chupacabra hunter, you are for sure one of these hunters if you are complaining. 4 years to respawn..., long chupacabra... you are using very imprecise language, trait very frequent for emotional people. Have you measured times with timer ? i quess no :) Respawn times are good. I would speed up spit cooldowns in 4v1 by a 20 %. Because when humans are standing on poles only thing you can do is using a toxic spit to smoke them out from the poles, uv is useless becasue you cant uv spit 4 of them at once, they will be covering each other with uv lights and attacking nests with crossbows.

I don't need to go further. You're obviously a bigot who hates change for the better. As long as it's in your favor you couldn't possibly care less. I am playing 1v1 almost all the time so the game is not in my favor at all,

I usually don't get into arguments with people like you :) but as a form of entertaining myself on loose day at work i can do an exception and give you some lesson. You just need to get better to realize how stupid your idea is, learn from better hunters, watch streams or videos of better players. Are you a console player ?

Tendril speed. Pff, what a joke. Only place it's good for is the country side. I don't have The Following pack. In the cities it's useless since running into a small plastic garbage can can even ruin the speed tendril.

Spam Dodge ... Nah son you're just not a good survivor if you can't spam dodge. XD Lol the hypocricy; "get better" 

cooldowns are good right now, you have to think before using spits, use your brain, sth you probably dont even know you have, use it and you will see a difference.

Thing is I do use my brain, it's not me just craving to win a game, it's the fact Hunters work 4x times harder than humans. We strategize more, we have to more precise with our aiming otherwise we're stuck with a long cooldown, we have to coordinate and attack at the right moments otherwise we're done for we even have to coordinate our GPs. Humans just dupe spam, have infinite stamina and have a backdoor for EVERY situation. 

Death penalty after missed GP is great idea, because when human gets hit by a GP he will be spit-sticked for 100%,

Oh! So we have to put up with your bullsh*t but we can't EVER have a chance of putting you guys in sticky situations? Are spits too much for you? Huh? You can't think your way out of that or something? Why don't you take your own advice and use your brain.

4 years to respawn..., long chupacabra... you are using very imprecise language, trait very frequent for emotional people.

4 years to respawn, an exaggerated expression to imply it takes a really long time to respawn - this d***head somehow said "Oh it's emotional" xD Pathetic imbecile.

Ugh, the condescending cliche'd statement "I don't usually get into arguments with people like you" that everyone uses.

You obviously do get into arguments with people like me because you're not better than me or anyone else for that matter. You're a guy who gets into arguments over the internet just like other people. 

And in fact I'll even predict what you'll do after my next response: After pretty much every response I send you'll add something like "lol you're so stupid i laugh at you" just to boost your ego or some sh*t. Like, grow the hell up and face reality, you're better than no one. You're literally just the same as any other ****head on the internet, you try and be condescending to boost your ego, you spew insults when you're just that fat f**** eating doritos living off of his single mothers income.

Take off the "Oh I'm a badass and u dont have a brain" mask kid. You're just not fit to wear it, at all.

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

Like, grow the hell up and face reality, you're better than no one. You're literally just the same as any other ****head on the internet, you try and be condescending to boost your ego, you spew insults when you're just that fat f**** eating doritos living off of his single mothers income.

Oh the Iron-E.

Tendril speed. Pff, what a joke. Only place it's good for is the country side. I don't have The Following pack. In the cities it's useless since running into a small plastic garbage can can even ruin the speed tendril.

You're supposed to combine that with jumps and fast movements.

Ugh, the condescending cliche'd statement "I don't usually get into arguments with people like you" that everyone uses.

Maybe there's a reason for that, you aren't polite at all. And these ideas of yours wouldn't make the game any better. If I had to guess I'd say you're on a console, below average hunter and a bad human to suggest something like that.

Oh the Iron-E.

What? You expect me to not give him a taste of his own medicine? Lol

You're supposed to combine that with jumps and fast movements.

"Fast moments", like..? Sprinting? Humans can keep up wit that. I do tendril, but they grapple. Point is I set them up with a spit or something, like if they're in a room, I'l spit where they can't spam dodge, then I'll try to use it but nahhhhh there's always something there so, oh well.

Maybe there's a reason for that, you aren't polite at all. And these ideas of yours wouldn't make the game any better. If I had to guess I'd say you're on a console, below average hunter and a bad human to suggest something like that.

There's a reason for people to act like they're better than anyone? I'm not polite...? Wtf..? Did you just.. temporarily go blind or COMPLETELY ignore his ignorant first comment "One word: Idiot"? Did you miss that? I think you did, after that you expect me to still be polite and kind to a jackass? Are you SERIOUS? LOL!! He could have at least TRIED to get his point across without using criticism and you could have at least not have been bias and looked at the whole situation. I respond kindly to those that are kind to me, not kind to me, then chupacabra off. And why wouldn't they make it better? I am on console, I am CURRENTLY a below average hunter but nah, I'm a good human. I used to be a good hunter, but I got tired of the BS so I didn't play that for a few months

Goodness... are you his brother or something? It's literally like you blocked out all of the ignorant and rude mess he said, looked at mine and started to call me out.

Look I don't have time for this or you, you're bias, ignored the situation and even jumped to conclusions yourself. 

I stated my case if you can't go against it with even the smallest amount of decency then don't expect me to give you respect you damn sure didn't deserve.

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

Tendril speed. Pff, what a joke. Only place it's good for is the country side. I don't have The Following pack. In the cities it's useless since running into a small plastic garbage can can even ruin the speed tendril. Learn to avoid garbage cans noob.

Spam Dodge ... Nah son you're just not a good survivor if you can't spam dodge. XD Lol the hypocricy; "get better" Can someone find any logic in this nonsensical concoction of letters ?

You obviously do get into arguments with people like me because you're not better than me or anyone else for that matter. You're a guy who gets into arguments over the internet just like other people. 

And in fact I'll even predict what you'll do after my next response: After pretty much every response I send you'll add something like "lol you're so stupid i laugh at you" just to boost your ego or some sh*t. Like, grow the hell up and face reality, you're better than no one. You're literally just the same as any other ****head on the internet, you try and be condescending to boost your ego, you spew insults when you're just that fat f**** eating doritos living off of his single mothers income.

Take off the "Oh I'm a badass and u dont have a brain" mask kid. You're just not fit to wear it,

you just missed your "tackle" :) like always you noob hehehe. Arguing with you is like playing chess with pigeon, he will take sh*t on chessboard, bang up all counters and will be thinking he won xD. No sense in using logical arguments with you :) I wish you quick recovery.

you just missed your "tackle" :) like always you noob hehehe. Arguing with you is like playing chess with pigeon, he will take sh*t on chessboard, bang up all counters and will be thinking he won xD. No sense in using logical arguments with you :) I wish you quick recovery.

xd wtf? did you test that out or something? That metaphor was soo bad...  :D

But I agree, no sense in trying to have a logical argument with someone who...just can't do it. You spew insults and expect none back, you're arrogant, you're just not fit for this. It's impossible to have an opinion around someone like you. It -- you just can't do it.

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

What? You expect me to not give him a taste of his own medicine? Lol

He called you an idiot or a troll, this is your everyday interwebs insult. Then there's you with the 

"You're literally just the same as any other ****head on the internet, you try and be condescending to boost your ego, you spew insults when you're just that fat f**** eating doritos living off of his single mothers income." Lel

"Fast moments", like..? Sprinting? Humans can keep up wit that. I do tendril, but they grapple. Point is I set them up with a spit or something, like if they're in a room, I'l spit where they can't spam dodge, then I'll try to use it but nahhhhh there's always something there so, oh well.

No I mean turning fast, jumping, clawing, tackling from the sides or behind while maintaining the fast speed. Grapple animation cancels when the hunter does damage to the human. Why would you go in a room with humans? The GP wall recovery is there so you're just asking to get killed if you're trying to CQC with the humans.

There's a reason for people to act like they're better than anyone? I'm not polite...? Wtf..? Did you just.. temporarily go blind or COMPLETELY ignore his ignorant first comment "One word: Idiot"? Did you miss that? I think you did, after that you expect me to still be polite and kind to a jackass? Are you SERIOUS? LOL!! He could have at least TRIED to get his point across without using criticism and you could have at least not have been bias and looked at the whole situation. I respond kindly to those that are kind to me, not kind to me, thenchupacabra off. And why wouldn't they make it better? I am on console, I am CURRENTLY a below average hunter but nah, I'm a good human. I used to be a good hunter, but I got tired of the BS so I didn't play that for a few month

See above. He could have tried to get hit point across without calling you an idiot or a troll yeah, just like you could have took the rudeness and stay polite and on topic. :D And there's the problem, below average hunter, and like EMtriX said play more and watch some gameplay to get better before coming to suggest more nerfs for the human. The flare nerf was pretty bad and unneeded so hopefully there won't be more like that.

And no, I don't even know him but I do know he's a pretty good 1v1 player which is pretty hard for the human with the flare nerf. I'm not biased, in my opinion it's not about who started the chupacabra talking, it's about who took the bait and continued it. This is the internet! :D

And no, I don't even know him but I do know he's a pretty good 1v1 player which is pretty hard for the human with the flare nerf. I'm not biased, in my opinion it's not about who started the chupacabra talking, it's about who took the bait and continued it. This is the internet! :D

I'll admit my morals are a little bit messed up, retaliation is kinda my thing, oh well.

I don't feel like arguing tbh... and fyi i know this is the internet, that's why i said what he said is cliched and just...typical. :/ 

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

The biggest thing about the hunter is that you have to be a nerd to be good. The learning curve is immense. Like stated...

a missed ground pound to super dodging humans is an instant death.

80% of tackles will be avoided cause of dodge spam and latency so you will take damage most of the time there.

Claw is useless if humans are above 50% health. The better survivors will even pre-swing before you get near them with no penalty if they miss timing.

And our last move is pounce which can get lucky breaks but with flares, long range flashlights, and buggy stadium lights our stamina is seldom full.

The unfortunate part about NH is you have to play a certain way and even more so on console. On PC you can hop around and aim tackles from above. Most of the videos I've seen of the higher end NH on console use GP spam because it's really the only option or tendril speed which can be tough in slums and old town.

The biggest thing about the hunter is that you have to be a nerd to be good. The learning curve is immense. Like stated...

a missed ground pound to super dodging humans is an instant death.

80% of tackles will be avoided cause of dodge spam and latency so you will take damage most of the time there.

Claw is useless if humans are above 50% health. The better survivors will even pre-swing before you get near them with no penalty if they miss timing.

And our last move is pounce which can get lucky breaks but with flares, long range flashlights, and buggy stadium lights our stamina is seldom full.

The unfortunate part about NH is you have to play a certain way and even more so on console. On PC you can hop around and aim tackles from above. Most of the videos I've seen of the higher end NH on console use GP spam because it's really the only option or tendril speed which can be tough in slums and old town.

I know. Humans have a backdoor for EVERYTHING we do and it's crazy. But with them losing stamina, and they can't dodge while Stamina is at 0 or while it's recharging we could certainly do damage. But even if Techland did actually take this into consideration and give humans a stamina bar, I'll bet the stamina would either take a very long time to deplete, or have an extremely fast recovery.

My whole point was how easy it is to be a human and how retarded hard it is to be a hunter.

If us hunters have to think our way out of situations, let the humans do it too and don't give them a backdoor by the push of a button.

The biggest thing about the hunter is that you have to be a nerd to be good.

(ಥ╭╮ಥ) Harsh.

There's a few things you can do in these situations, such GP'ing outside the swing radius (which is difficult, since hitboxes are inconsistent), baiting the swing and spitting instead, or Pouncing from above.

However, I do agree that there's nowhere near enough penalty for swinging a 2H weapon in the game, and even the above suggestions are band-aids and require reaction time way higher than the average player. The obvious problem being that Humans can Dodge out of any action, including a swing, which is part of a long list of actions Humans shouldn't be able to do simultaneously in "Be the Zombie." It's akin to the NH being able to cancel his own GP recovery animation which, obviously, NHs can't do.

(ಥ╭╮ಥ) Harsh.

There's a few things you can do in these situations, such GP'ing outside the swing radius (which is difficult, since hitboxes are inconsistent), baiting the swing and spitting instead, or Pouncing from above.

However, I do agree that there's nowhere near enough penalty for swinging a 2H weapon in the game, and even the above suggestions are band-aids and require reaction time way higher than the average player. The obvious problem being that Humans can Dodge out of any action, including a swing, which is part of a long list of actions Humans shouldn't be able to do simultaneously in "Be the Zombie." It's akin to the NH being able to cancel his own GP recovery animation which, obviously, NHs can't do.

.... You do realize them actually having stamina and every time they dodge it takes away 25%, would help out a lot, right?

Survivors having stamina is like the main key. If they dodge too much(or swing), their stamina is depleted and it takes 5 seconds to recharge and be used up again.

There is a thing called roofs...and no countryside is the worst map you can do that there because its a huge open area giving the humans dance podium (dodge fest)...only useful thing there is timed GP's + Horde spit and occasional UV SS or Uv tag's with pounce, doing chain tackle's is useless except in some area's like town or where there are silo's though in my 5 months of gameplay as hunter i never had a nest spawn in silo area... :D

So basically what you need to do is to learn the map, its pretty easy to use Tendril locomotion + sprint...incl Slums and Old Town.

That's the best thing that came with "the following" for hunter.

Stamina in BTZ isn't good idea, hunter can run for eternity without exhaustion. If you want a challenge, don't spend skill points, use them only for basic moves.

Also, Techland already made too many wierd decisions and nerfs. They are working on two new titles, so Dying Light is supported now only in theory, credits bug exists since "the following" and it's still not removed for example. The only thing they are doing now is editing config file and commiting global update (if there is at least a person who is free enough), that's how it looks like. Any cryouts or rants won't work, we are abandoned and the ship sinks without the captain.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Hehe, I wasn't trying to be harsh by saying a good NH is a nerd. I think of myself as a nerd and I still struggle immensly against ultimate survivors. Especially when it 1v2+.

Ha, no worries! I was just kidding around.

I do not understand this.. people say "Oh, stamina for the humans in BTZ mode isn't a good way to deal with this!", but never explain how. Can SOMEONE explain how it's a bad idea?

If it seemed like I disagree with you, I don't. I just think it would be too much of a nerf from the current system, especially at this late in the game's life cycle. I also don't inherently think dodge spam is the problem (spammers gonna spam!), but the ability to do multiple actions at the same time, including dodge.

And, absolutely, adding Stamina to players in BTZ would help with that! But we don't know the implications of making that change coding-wise, and fundamentally warping the current end-game PVP/Campaign connection at this point is probably not something Techland wants to do.

Spam Dodge ... Nah son you're just not a good survivor if you can't spam dodge. XD Lol the hypocricy; "get better" 

Spam Dodge - Sure... for you Night Hunter have only 2 attacks (pounce and tackle)... If Hunter run into you, what you will do? Stay, and wait for him, or try bounce back for increase the distance between Human & Hunter? Or you just only give him tackle you? Hunter's Claws have big attack range, so he can decrease your HP fast or kill, and uz... Hunter can tackle you even withouth run.

For "normal" tackle Night Hunter need hold [sHIFT] 1-1,5second.

Tendril speed - you can use it anywhere on flat surface.

@(Non)Topic

If you really want "balance" BtZ mode, so why Night Hunter don't take "falling damage" when get dropkicked from roof? I don't talk about DfA or Hunter pounce Human on roof and fall 40m down, cause you can't die during some successful attack animation. Do Night Hunter is "super OP" with "a thousand muscles" so he can't take fall damage? As all know: 

- Zombie can die by fall damage.

- Virals can die by fall damage.

- Volatile can die by fall damage.

So why Night Hunter can't? 

Spam Dodge - Sure... for you Night Hunter have only 2 attacks (pounce and tackle)... If Hunter run into you, what you will do? Stay, and wait for him, or try bounce back for increase the distance between Human & Hunter? Or you just only give him tackle you? Hunter's Claws have big attack range, so he can decrease your HP fast or kill, and uz... Hunter can tackle you even withouth run.

@(Non)Topic

If you really want "balance" BtZ mode, so why Night Hunter don't take "falling damage" when get dropkicked from roof? I don't talk about DfA or Hunter pounce Human on roof and fall 40m down, cause you can't die during some successful attack animation. Do Night Hunter is "super OP" with "a thousand muscles" so he can't take fall damage? As all know: 

Because 1. he's on a totally different level than those zombies. Those zombies are lightwork.

2. Because it wouldn't make sense and it would only make matters worse. Are you a human dying from Night Hunters so you come here to try and make us die more often? I mean come on you have dropkick cycles, UV, Flares, Duped weapons and items and 3-4 hit kills, what more do you need?

@(Non)Topic

A lot of things doesn't make sense. Humans can use hookshot when falling before they touch the ground to save themselves, even if they hookshot to the ground they're falling :) human can cancel fall damage different ways, by hitting something with dropkick or doing DFA and falling 2km down without a scratch, even falling on car will save you. Maybe NH can survive a fall, because he is so soft that 2 handed throw kills him completely. Goons are harder to kill than NH :)

Hamans can also stop flying when tackled even if one polygon hit obstacle, which mean death for NH when it's close, which is a funny way to punish player for succesfull attack.

There is so much wrong with game mechanics on both sides, but sadly those won't be propably never fixed.

Edited by sanjyuubi

I honestly love the idea of a stamina bar. Yes, hunters can run forever without exhaustion UNTIL UV light is introduced at which point we watch snails fly by us. But humans can dodge forever and the dodge button is the same button for tackle evade. This makes it even worse. I think a reasonable fix aside from a stamina bar would be to make the tackle evade button something else. This would reduce the chance if those "lucky" evades where they didn't even see you coming but were spamming away so they avoid it.

Not everything mentioned here has to be implemented in dying light but if a sequal were to be in the making then ideas could be grabbed from here. Most of the people that come in here trash talking people that want changes for hunters don't even play as one. Most posts here are about the hunter tips tricks and changes. People that play survivor only just like to have the upper hand.