nickmad92

A Hunters Worst Nightmare.

I started this thread in the hopes of discussing with my fellow hunters our possible bleak future ahead.

With techland stating they are not planning on giving hunter add ons like the much needed evolution a good while back, I believe we will all feel that the hunter has become a plaything for the survivors who dupe potions, spam dodge, use grapple to dfa under bridges for insta-kill ect.

I have been dk directly after i gp a dude near a wall, ive also been dfa through the same means. The only nerf that was successful was shield blocking stuck spits, cant understand how that went on for so long though..uv heal speed was also good, i use it more often now, which is good fun.

Humans have also been given a buggy that has flare and massive long range uv. Techland basically gave the humans a metal suit of armor that they can escape from anytime at any speed. Which can also impale me on spikes no problem, again at no penalty to humans. If I jump off and the smash into spikes nothing happens to them. I cant look behind me so how can I tell when to jump off? But humans can do this all day while using UV but they dont as they know they will get tackled so what do they do? They spam dodge and UV you till your exhausted of energy.

I have NEVER understood why the hunter who must protect nest at all costs but doesnt respawn immediately. Usually the hunter is outnumbered, so why are humans respawning like clones in their numbers? If i have one failed gp near a survivor thats a nest gone. Which i wouldnt have a problem with if survivors didnt have capacity to dodge endlessly in any direction.

Why is dodge unlimited, when we as hunters must use our limited spits that are not easy to aim and are blockable using shield and dodgable when expected.

Nerfing the survivors is not the answer. Besides dodge that is. If dodge is nerfed then survivors will come help their friends rather than focus on nest while his buddy plays matador . That is the only nerf i ask. Survivors chime in if you like here. Dont troll, give valuable info please.

Lastly could the hunter please be given a minor evolution like with SS, toxic and uv heal. Im not asking to be overpowered just to have a few more moves to keep things fresh until a sequel comes out. Survivors were granted this, please do the same for hunter, i beg of you! Our last one and most epic so far. It will surely keep this superb multiplayer going till the ages. Thank you techland, for your continued effort on this great game.

Guys help me out here, what do you think? Is hunter not is serious need of a revival? Or are you just gonna wait until sequal comes out?

I started this thread in the hopes of discussing with my fellow hunters our possible bleak future ahead.

With techland stating they are not planning on giving hunter add ons like the much needed evolution a good while back, I believe we will all feel that the hunter has become a plaything for the survivors who dupe potions, spam dodge, use grapple to dfa under bridges for insta-kill ect.

I have been dk directly after i gp a dude near a wall, ive also been dfa through the same means. The only nerf that was successful was shield blocking stuck spits, cant understand how that went on for so long though..uv heal speed was also good, i use it more often now, which is good fun.

Humans have also been given a buggy that has flare and massive long range uv. Techland basically gave the humans a metal suit of armor that they can escape from anytime at any speed. Which can also impale me on spikes no problem, again at no penalty to humans. If I jump off and the smash into spikes nothing happens to them. I cant look behind me so how can I tell when to jump off? But humans can do this all day while using UV but they dont as they know they will get tackled so what do they do? They spam dodge and UV you till your exhausted of energy.

I have NEVER understood why the hunter who must protect nest at all costs but doesnt respawn immediately. Usually the hunter is outnumbered, so why are humans respawning like clones in their numbers? If i have one failed gp near a survivor thats a nest gone. Which i wouldnt have a problem with if survivors didnt have capacity to dodge endlessly in any direction.

Why is dodge unlimited, when we as hunters must use our limited spits that are not easy to aim and are blockable using shield and dodgable when expected.

Nerfing the survivors is not the answer. Besides dodge that is. If dodge is nerfed then survivors will come help their friends rather than focus on nest while his buddy plays matador . That is the only nerf i ask. Survivors chime in if you like here. Dont troll, give valuable info please.

Lastly could the hunter please be given a minor evolution like with SS, toxic and uv heal. Im not asking to be overpowered just to have a few more moves to keep things fresh until a sequel comes out. Survivors were granted this, please do the same for hunter, i beg of you! Our last one and most epic so far. It will surely keep this superb multiplayer going till the ages. Thank you techland, for your continued effort on this great game.

Guys help me out here, what do you think? Is hunter not is serious need of a revival? Or are you just gonna wait until sequal comes out?

Personally i dont see any improvements that will come soon, coding is hard work and i understand that dev's need the time to input first then test the new features, but i do think NH needs something new because even with DFA counters like pounce and tackl we still dont have quite good counter to most human tricks which human's can do still alot more than hunter's.

I've tried some tactics with canceling animations but NH can do only that and human's will always be step ahead.

Doesnt matter if youre skilled hunter or not, NH gameplay is becoming boring because there's nothing new and repeating same stuff all over again is tiresome.

I've seen some spike in NH gameplays when Mutations came out it was fun but that was a year ago or more...its already July and the game's getting old :S...either techland should make new stuff for hunter or new BTZ sub-mode like 8vs2/4 or 4vs2 or some mode that doesnt involve nest destruction...take a look again L4D it had awesome multiplayer which NEVER got bored until L4D2 came out...

Survivors shouldn't have infinite stamina, period. they're just humans.

Here's why they should still have stamina:

1. It limits the bull**** they can pull off.

Their dodge spam should take up at least 20% of their stamina. Dodge should be used in emergencies ONLY. Then jumping everywhere whenever they want to is just ridiculous. It also quits them from reaching from 1 part of the map to the other in just 1 Hunter respawn. We've all died once on 1 side of the map and when the Hunters' 4 years of death penalty period of a loading screen is finally over, the humans are already either AT the nest or soo close to being there, yet we're 10.5 miles away, even after that long loading screen. Why? 

2. It would just naturally make the gamemode better.

I mean honestly, with stamina, and no perk to get infinite stamina whatsoever, it would make the game more suspenseful and have humans play more carefully. And there's other reasons I can't exactly explain but it would definitely make it better.

Here's why the NH should spawn closer to the nests while humans spawn farther:

3.  There's soo many humans already, why make their respawn to short and so close to the nest?

With the humans' numbers, their loading screens should be that long since there's 4 of them. Like the OP said, they're spawning like clones, one after another and they're so close and such a handful for the NH who can keep up with them for but so long. If we're supposed to protect the nests, why not at least try and give us a chance to without those balancing things where if the Hunter is losing, he gets like.. extra damage or something? If you make humans spawn a bit farther from the nest and make their load screens  just as long as ours, it would give the NH a better fighting chance against the 4 of them, make the battle that much more intense and just be more entertaining.

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

True fans will never let anything die, we got the taste of a great game here and can't help but want more as we can't find it anywhere else lol

Just replace game with drug and your in a bind. You cant get enough but you know its wrong and waste your time asking why you do it. Thats me basically, going against hackers as they all i can find most times.

If techland wants people to continue playing Dying Light online with the hunter then they should give him something new as humans cant ask for more than a better fight. And hunter cant ask for better tactics. Hunters will become so rare if this game stays how it is. Its now dull. No Vac is full of hackers with auto xbows and vac still doesnt stop people on secure mode. Hunters lobby sucks, waiting 10 mins for a decent game is awful. Its actually f@*king sad. And long term highly skilled hunters are gonna get tired of it all eventually. Im getting there.

True fans will never let anything die, we got the taste of a great game here and can't help but want more as we can't find it anywhere else lol

Absolutely - this is unlike anything else I've played before and I love the chess-like tactics - yes, it is unbalanced and there are tricks that that human can exploit, but it's still great fun.

True fans? Dude no offence but thats rubbish. In an ideal world maybe but i can bet this hunter will die off.

Either as soon as a new BtZ comes out or when other publishers develop their own take on multiplayer zombie modes. I'm not gonna take a game seriously if its not balanced.

All it takes to become a god as a human is to throw some flares, spam uv and dodge like nothing else. The monster should be standing his ground! Especially when he cannot hide and is the only deadly zombie. Im not a stealth character yet im weaker than a single human?

Everyone of my moves takes skill and forethought? While the other team spams and bullies? A glass cannon you say? You know what thats good for? Nothing thats what. Get it right next time.

Edited by nickmad92

True fans? Dude no offence but thats rubbish. In an ideal world maybe but i can bet this hunter will die off.

Either as soon as a new BtZ comes out or when other publishers develop their own take on multiplayer zombie modes. I'm not gonna take a game seriously if its not balanced.

All it takes to become a god as a human is to throw some flares, spam uv and dodge like nothing else. The monster should be standing his ground! Especially when he cannot hide and is the only deadly zombie. Im not a stealth character yet im weaker than a single human?

Everyone of my moves takes skill and forethought? While the other team spams and bullies? A glass cannon you say? You know what thats good for? Nothing thats what. Get it right next time.

Glass Cannon in terms of MOBA games and every other game is any character who is kinda susceptible to damage meaning either low health or armor for example, but dishes out more damage than its enemies, though its kind of funny when you use ground pound you do 20 % hp only, idk the damage seems abit low to me, with those hands that creates shockwaves and shooks the ground dev's could've imported secondary effect to it like the tackle has or some dissorientation or stun created by the shockwave, and about pounce yes that's the best nuke ability NH has but cmon really how many times you landed nowadays quad leapfrog? Or normal pounce for that matter :)?

There are alot of skilled human's who use dodge and exploits to evade tackles in air which our dear dev's said its impossible to do, some players are accually tired of reading "It was because of lag" and after few months we found out that its accually simple grapple cancel exploit which again sucks.

And dont get me started about difficulty modes:

Normal - just like easy with unlimited stamina, since the day one i hated accually even in coop/SP games how stamina is unlimited, the combat stamina on the other hand at the beggining is fine but when you get last Power perk...comon...even the RL human's cant swing unlimited time that much any weapon not to mention 2 handed ones

Hard - same story as with normal only enemies are stronger

Nightmare - meh...

Apocalypse mode hmmm im accually giving dev's idea here...same or abit harder enemy difficulty like Nightmare but perks doesnt affect stamina, only mode on which you can get gold weapons and hunter glands (on other modes its very rare for example).

Or dear dev's you should accually overhaul your own game modes again.

As for NH he was decent but again his arsenal is way poorer than human's which that is his main flaw not the hp just lack of skills and new moves. Ofc some good NH players can do wonders but that doesnt always work.

Yeah just watched that vid with Dani humiliating some formidable hackers. That was golden.

However there is no possible way the hunter is a glass cannon. Perhaps a glass vase maybe but not a cannon. To be glass you have to be easily killed so yes the hunter is glass.

But to be a cannon you must be stronger than your opponent in some form. The only time a hunter is equal in strength to a survivor is when he tackles them three times is a row.

I hate how techland abandoned this forum yet talks about how they so loyal to making their fans happy and are in no rush to publish their upcoming titles. Wouldnt this hint that they would actually be here in the forums trying to find out everything they can from some of their most dedicated fans.

But hey what do i know.

I dont know where to begin with BtZ. TL should know that if survivors get upgrades then BtZ would be even more difficult and imbalanced for NHs.

I'd recommend making UV heal an instant heal and also having virals protecting nests instead of regular zombies who can easily be killed prior to attacking a nest. The number of virals would depend on the number of survivors. The attack range of many one-hand and two handed weapons is unbelievably flawed. I agree with OP that there should be some sort of survivor exhaustion considering the relative ease to immobilize a NH with both UV and flares. I'd also recommend slightly impairing survivors vision when they come in contact with NH's toxic, toxic's ability to nerf flares and create a "safe zone" from UV around NH. You have to understand that DL's maps are vast and NH's toxic is only useful when survivors are cramped in spaces which is hardly the case with the exception of a few enclosed nests. I'd also recommend NOT placing nests near water in Old Town which makes survivors escape to water easily accessible, pretty much nerfing every NH spit. There may be a back story to why nests must be near water, but nests arent placed near water on other maps so I dont see why this isnt doable.

It's annoying but I think this ride is over, and all that we're left with are "get better" and "coding is wreally hard" memes

Edited by NullExoZombies

Just replace game with drug and your in a bind. You cant get enough but you know its wrong and waste your time asking why you do it. Thats me basically, going against hackers as they all i can find most times.

If techland wants people to continue playing Dying Light online...

Most of the time i've found the mod and hack users are the easiest prey of all to the point where i search out games with VAC bans and 250 legend noobs to troll. Makes some great vids >8)

We kinda already knew BTZ was an experiment added to the game late in development, they got the feedback a long time ago they needed/wanted and i feel they have been looking at the next games for quite some time. Just got to hope they bring out BTZ2. I'm hoping for standalone with bozak or similar trials to gain xp or items.

True fans? Dude no offence but thats rubbish. In an ideal world maybe but i can bet this hunter will die off...

Sarcasm bro so no offense taken >< can't deny we are still playing because we still enjoy it, even if there's 1 person still playing by himself (probs will be me lol).

Absolutely - this is unlike anything else I've played before and I love the chess-like tactics - yes, it is unbalanced and there are tricks that that human can exploit, but it's still great fun.

Exactly >8)

Glass Cannon in terms of MOBA games and every other game is any character who is kinda susceptible to damage meaning either low health or armor for example, but dishes out more damage than its enemies, though its kind of funny when you use ground pound you do 20 % hp only, idk the damage seems abit low to me, with those hands that creates shockwaves and shooks the ground dev's could've imported secondary effect to it like the tackle has or some dissorientation or stun created by the shockwave, and about pounce yes that's the best nuke ability NH has but cmon really how many times you landed nowadays quad leapfrog? Or normal pounce for that matter :)?

You just gave the perfect definition of a glass canon and proved the NH didn't live up to it with his low-damage & low-health and medium-speed. The thing isn't a Glass Canon, let alone a Night HUNTER

There are alot of skilled human's who use dodge and exploits to evade tackles in air which our dear dev's said its impossible to do, some players are accually tired of reading "It was because of lag" and after few months we found out that its accually simple grapple cancel exploit which again sucks.

And dont get me started about difficulty modes:

Normal - just like easy with unlimited stamina, since the day one i hated accually even in coop/SP games how stamina is unlimited, the combat stamina on the other hand at the beggining is fine but when you get last Power perk...comon...even the RL human's cant swing unlimited time that much any weapon not to mention 2 handed ones

Hard - same story as with normal only enemies are stronger

Nightmare - meh...

Apocalypse mode hmmm im accually giving dev's idea here...same or abit harder enemy difficulty like Nightmare but perks doesnt affect stamina, only mode on which you can get gold weapons and hunter glands (on other modes its very rare for example).

Or dear dev's you should accually overhaul your own game modes again.

As for NH he was decent but again his arsenal is way poorer than human's which that is his main flaw not the hp just lack of skills and new moves. Ofc some good NH players can do wonders but that doesnt always work.

Right. The NH's speed isn't all that good. The NH's speed should be tendril speeds speed by default to actually make him a challenge. I mean, if he's gonna lack in health and damage, might as well give him speed. And his abilities? He has a fair amount of abilities, but almost all of them can just be dodge-spammed to get away from. Humans have a back-door escape to everything we do. But if tendril-speed is our default speed(or a speed somewhere near tendril-speed), then we'll have hunters really trying.

OR better yet, have a fourth mutation and when you reach mutation 4, THEN the tendril-speed thing will be your speed by default.

Anyway, of course if TL fixes this there will be TONS of humans coming back like "NERF THE NH!! I CAN'T WIN ANYMORE!" because people don't like change, especially if that change means they can't do stuff as easily as they were able to.

I don't understand how people can play games without a challenge.. and just because I say I like a challenge doesn't mean I should play lop-sided games because that's not a challenge, that's just cheating.

I believe we will all feel that the hunter has become a plaything for the survivors

You should realize that BTZ in reality was designed to be a plaything for survivor. It's not a true multiplayer mode. It wasn't designed to compete, but to disturb the players in their games. With that much integration to main campaign, it's very hard  or impossible to adjust it properly without changing its format from disturbance to competition.

I stopped complaining since flare nerf for 1vs1 and started to focus on fun. Whenever a match isn't going to be entertaining, like some kids starting complaining about spamming and etc., i'm just leaving. Make sure to play with friends to not have any worries or feel proud that you managed to beat those overpowered suckers.

Having expectations that anything in the mechanics will changed now is futile (except if all players would pay again for the game). Cross fingers that they take proper multiplayer approach in new installment, but that's just my hopes.

Also... this is Poland, a country where a security person or charwoman being assigned to watch the stats and change some variable is something that would not surprise typical Pole.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Well as of right now, hunter is favoured against the survivors. Even 4v1 against a good hunter it is still a slight disadvantage to the hunter with 1v1 being impossible against a good hunter that knows how to play. It's probably because you don't do the gp>spit overpowered trick that is all you actually need. Just ground pound and spit and you will hit 100% of the time, if it's uv spit then pounce them right after. Especially go for the isolated survivors as they are dead if you do that. It's broken in my opinion. 

Well as of right now, hunter is favoured against the survivors. Even 4v1 against a good hunter it is still a slight disadvantage to the hunter with 1v1 being impossible against a good hunter that knows how to play. It's probably because you don't do the gp>spit overpowered trick that is all you actually need. Just ground pound and spit and you will hit 100% of the time, if it's uv spit then pounce them right after. Especially go for the isolated survivors as they are dead if you do that. It's broken in my opinion. 

I don't think you saw it from our point of view.

This only happens if you as a hunter intentionally choose not to upgrade spit charge or gp knockback so your spits easily stick. Thats called exploiting. Which is very common on BtZ.

This only happens if you as a hunter intentionally choose not to upgrade spit charge or gp knockback so your spits easily stick. Thats called exploiting. Which is very common on BtZ.

Exploiting? Hardly, you are given a choice if you want to upgrade your GP knockback or not, it's working as intended. Also, spit charge has nothing to do with it.

The only reason y you would choose not to upgrade gp knockback is so that you can get an easy spit. If you dont have spit charge then your spit is a split second faster so you can basiclly get a free stick after gp. If you think thats fair your a fool. It takes no skill and could be considered spam as its very easy to do and unblockable to an extent. Im guessing thats your play style then?

I dont think it was intended for the updgrade to be a downgrade.

Edited by nickmad92

Well just a tip all i can say is that the "winning" hunters do it all day long. Yes all day long against the best teams and best players and winning as a result. It almost never misses after gp and gp hit ratio on good hunters is 95%+

I'm just saying it is not an exploit. Exploiting means doing something that you're not meant to do like canceling hook to dodge midair for example. And I never picked that skill or tackle knockback (I picked it recently cause the normal tackle doesn't seem to detect spikes very well) anyway cause I didn't think it's useful to get the human that far away from me. You can stick a spit after tackling with spit charge when the human is in animation of getting up, is that an exploit too?

You can stick a spit after tackling with spit charge when the human is in animation of getting up, is that an exploit too?

No fool as a successful tackle is far more difficult to achieve than a simple ground pound. And then you must aim at the guy getting up vs just gp and blindly spitting. Its an exploit as it's using a broken system in an unfair way to gain an advantage.

Your riding with training wheels guy..

Edited by nickmad92