Sign in to follow this  
Schoolshooter95

The Merits Of Horde Summon Spit.

I'd say it depends on what mode (how many people) you're in. When the Night Hunter's being attacked by multiple Survivors, it's good to have a "distraction" to even the odds a little and give the Hunter more openings for a Pounce/kill. In 1 Vs. 1, though, it's often better to be direct and go in for the UV Spit/Pounce so you can get a quick kill and give your Spits more time to charge. Managing charge times between Horde and UV Spit in 1 Vs. 1 is a big part of effectively chaining continuous kills.

Personally, I love Horde regardless of what mode it's in, because it's easier to get a kill with it without using up your UV Block. But that's just my opinion. I tend to try to save the UV Spit for Spit Smashes and use Horde Spit more frequently overall.

They key is to constantly hound (in one way or another) the people you've hit with the Spit. Get up on the building you think they'll Grappling Hook to, Claw them or Tackle them to interrupt their Hook/items, etc. Especially in The Countryside, I see a lot of people just run straight away and use their Hooks, on the ground, to avoid the Horde. That's a prime time to Pounce/Tackle! Even if you miss, it gives the Horde time to run over, especially if they stick around to try to kill you.

Horde is also one of my favorite spits and, as Doctor mentioned, it has many uses. The main use is to kill the human that was hit with spit. If they are skilled and you find it tough to get them down from a building.... or skinny light posts or pipelines, I like to hit them with horde and focus the other players. They will run away and leave you be wgile you get a chance to pester the other survivors. While you use this "distraction" method the non-infected survivors will tend to stay on ground with you and they can be hit by horde if they dodge into them. While doing this though, still keep an eye on that infected survivor cause they will be looking for a DFA when the horde spit ends or even be daring and attempt one anyways.

Horde is also one of my favorite spits and, as Doctor mentioned, it has many uses. The main use is to kill the human that was hit with spit. If they are skilled and you find it tough to get them down from a building.... or skinny light posts or pipelines, I like to hit them with horde and focus the other players. They will run away and leave you be wgile you get a chance to pester the other survivors. While you use this "distraction" method the non-infected survivors will tend to stay on ground with you and they can be hit by horde if they dodge into them. While doing this though, still keep an eye on that infected survivor cause they will be looking for a DFA when the horde spit ends or even be daring and attempt one anyways.

The best Horde kill is when you hit them with Horde, Pounce the moment it blows up, and watch them just give up and let it complete. Like, "Ugh, I'm hit and I can't toss a Flare fast enough, better think up a strategy for getting back after he kills me. Wait, that wasn't UV Spit...?"

I have heard about people saying that horde summon spit (green spit) is the most important spit in the hunters tool box.

But when I do it the survivors simply run for the hills and survive it. Surly the UV spit is the best right?

It's yellow. You can't simply think that you spit human and horde will do everything for you. It adds extra distraction and panic for human, they are more vulnerable to attacks and if you make him busy enough to stay on the ground, death will come unexpected. It's even better if you mark more survivors.

UV spit can be dealed rather easily (unless you have full HP, full stamina and UV shield), though it's harder after flare nerf. It's useless if there are 2 or more people watching for each other and you have to have full stamina do make pounce, it's use is rather strategic in 2;3;4vs1 or for use on a stray survivor.

Horde spit - you have to work to force human to stay on the ground, sometimes zombies are clipping into objects and flying like a rocket in the direction of survivor (telebombers). Horde is very effective on the countryside, if survivor will use camo, then you have to hit him (claw in most cases)) to take it off. I don't know why, but very often knocked out survivor is no longer pursued by zombies even though he is lying marked.

UV spit - you have to work to have full stamina and to make survivor busy enough after you blow his flare, to not allow him to throw another one, if you have UV shield, this is rather easy, but if you have 120HP and less you have to take into consideration, that  you may die from two handed swing before you do anything.

The role of the spits is to make you kill humans easier, not doing a job for you (except toxic). Anyway this is most usefull spit, UV is good too, but it's more deadly in spitsmash (UV shield - spitsmash - pounce) if your out of UV range of other survivors.

Edited by sanjyuubi