WerewolfNightmare

Personal Suggestions And Ideas (For Techland To Read)

Hello everyone! Werewolf here!

Now as you seen the title, this is about PERSONAL ideas and suggestions on what I would think help the game more. Right now as people may now, the game is kind of suffering a bit (or that's what I see at least) and truthfully honest, I've been seeing a bit of suspicious activity from Techland (ex. DLC not being in Season Pass, not much patches, no responces, etc). Now, I may not be 100% expert on this, but I'm going to be presenting some ideas and suggestions like, as mentioned, I feel would help the game. This is my OWN personal opinion, so it's fine to disagree with me or what not, just don't be accusing me of anything and such (as that can happen basically when it comes to ideas)

Below are my own addressed ideas, and maybe these ideas are something Techland SHOULD look at and give some consideration at. There are two categories, being Important and Optional. Important are the ones that are desperate to get fixed or added, while Optional are ideas that are in no rush, but can help the game much better. Before you start accusing me of some of these ideas, yes I know some of these aren't my own ideas... HOWEVER, I'm not using them as act for stealing, but rather for being mentioned and referencing them easier so in case they haven't been looked at, they can now be looked at. Before I continue, I also may say that some of this ideas not being mine, respectfully belong to the people that created them.

IMPORTANT

• Removal of Bullet Sponges for enemies. Prior to the Enchanced Edition, enemies on Normal (yes, I'm a normal-difficulty player) would have the right amount of heath and attacks before dying off (for example, decapitation would occur within 1-3 strikes, which should be reasonable I would say). Overall, unless this is set on Hard or Nightmare, none of this bullet sponge stuff on Normal at least. Headshots should be an instant kill like before, while body shots should vary. An example being armored Rais' Men getting killed by 5 or 6 shots in the chest, depending on the weapon, while normally unarmored Rais' Men should be killed with one or two shots to the chest. Think plausible here.

• I also remember I read somewhere on Steam or so that enemies should have some unique tricks up their sleeve, so why not do this? An example of this is maybe Rais's Men or maybe an infected of sort could disarm your weapons from you, resulting possibly thinking of different plans or making you flee from them. Overall, enemies on higher difficulties should do interesting things like new moves or something while having logical sense with this; make them a valid challenge, not a waste of time (and by this, I don't mean Bozak Horde-like challenge).

• Legendary Levels should be used exclusively for Hard and/or Legendary Levels only. As mentioned, I would really wish if the Legendary Levels would be out of Normal difficulty, and this actually does tie in with the bullet sponges. 

OPTIONAL

Weapons/Combat
  • Modify durability appearance for Weapons. For example, have a Common Gas Pipe's degraded appearance only when the weapon turns red, not too early or in the middle.
  • Earlier weapons (such as pipes, wrenches, knives, etc) from earlier survivor ranks recurring at maximum level.
  • Certain melee weapons by default having attributes to the stats (Ex. Crowbars having higher durability, Baseball Bats having higher speed, etc).
  • A modification to the stealth kill ability, having certain melee weapons present unique animations for assassination (kind of like in The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct with Daryl's assassinations techniques with his knife). For example, bladed melee weapons such as a machete would decapitate the enemy from behind in a quickened fashion.
  • Modification to the Stomp ability. If in front of a downed enemy, having the front kick to the face (minus the head exploding when it comes to Rais's Bandits or the Virals). When getting bitten on the leg, the stomp should be faster than in the current game, where it's just a slow stomp. The abilites to stomp once or twice on an enemy like in Dead Island should be added somehow, depending on the situation I suppose.
  • If possible, having bullets from firearms not always shattering enemy heads. This should obviously be removed with Rais's Men or Hostile Survivors, but maybe there should be a randomization where sometimes bullets can shatter Biter or Viral heads, while sometimes not.
Night Time Gameplay
  • Having the Infected attracted to light and following you if you enabled your flashlight and if you are producing loud noises, throwing in a more stealthy mechanic into the game.
  • Using the 2013 E3 video for reference, having much more improved Volatiles by giving them the right amount of them being scarier, tougher, and worthy challenging. As mentioned, find the 2013 E3 video for reference on what I mean.
  • New variety of Volatile appearances, like in the concept art.
  • Option to enable or disable the slow Volatile eye detection (If disabled, Volatiles in-game would instantly notice you).
  • Modification to the chase music during Volatile chases and in the tunnel climax in Extraction. In the E3 video, there was a version of the Escape music that had more drums and it'd be awesome if this was putted into the tunnel climax in the Extraction mission, that way it makes the chase more intense and threatning. While normal Volatile chases would have the default chase music, the Escape music (minus the less drums) would occur if the Pursuit level is at max (aka, the skulls on the side of the mini-map)
  • Extended night-cycle

AI Mechanics/In-game events
  • Having random events being more surprising and less big on XP (although, they can still be used for XP), having it triggered by the scene before you by and being drawn by the unknown and surprising attention.
  • Having common sense for AIs. For example, rarely would you find two survivors finding a Demolisher. An example idea for this would be two survivors instead trapped by a Demolisher and need help getting escaped or something along those lines.
  • An modification for Air-Drops; this being having it feel like consequences will occur if you miss the drop, and the ability to get Antizin as an item for yourself or others, and also selling them for shops. Another thing tying with the Antizin would be the ability to find Antizin for your infection (although, it should be a while before desperately finding an Antizin drop for your infection to reduce stress as much as possible).
  • As the game is in-fact a Survival game, having food and/or drinks having a more important role than being just for health
  • Modification for world physics as a tad bit more to wind being blow, having rain and fog last longer, and the transition of the Day and Night cycle being more slower than being quick (Ex. after raining, it would slowly change back to Day light, and not quickly).
  • Safe zones able to be invaded and/or captured by bandits or infected.

Other
  • As an option, having an overhaul to the Grappling Hook by having it functing more like the hook in the E3 2014 video, where it would take a bit for the hook to land somewhere and pull you up. Also for an idea, maybe having a new appearance for the Hook such as the one hook shown in the Quartermaster's inventory, or even having a wrist-like device for the hook to propel (just an idea though).
  • The two headless (by decapitation or the explosion of their head) death animations where an enemy stumbles around and swatting before falling should be removed, both Biters and if not, definitely for Rais' Bandit Leaders (the ones with the mohawk and wearing white masks). Seriously, it looks pretty stupid in my book.

Well, these are all of the suggestions I have posted. If you have any more ideas you want me to put up here, give me a shout out and I'll list your suggestion here for reference. What are your thoughts about this?

Edited by WerewolfNightmare

Your complaints about night time being short and easy are because you're playing on normal mode. Play on hard mode.

I do agree that weather and lighting transitions are rather jarring, that grapple hook should be slower, and that enemies should react to sound and light more at night (Those are things everyone wants). 

However there are much more elegant ways to solve balance and scaling.

-I wish enemies did not scale based on level, and scaled based on story progress (like evolved volatiles would start to come out once you reach old town), and that the base damage of weapons didn't scale from 30 to 2500 over the course of the game, and instead just scaled based on weapon type and rarity (Say 30 to 300 max base damage) and that blueprints and customization were more important in making a powerful weapon.

- I also would like to see more in-depth weapon modification, maybe making blueprints a bit more modular and having multiple slots on a weapon to attach things to.

- I would also like to see more standardization across difficulty modes, for example: ammo should always be a rare item in the shop, not just on hard mode, and night length should also be standardized at the full length (at hard mode), and stamina should NEVER be infinite (like nightmare) and the option to enable/disable loot highlighting should be in session options not difficulty.

- PvP should not be affected by difficulty, and survivor's dodge ability should have a cooldown after 3 consecutive uses without actually evading a tackle, and tackle evasions should be reactive not proactive.

- Legend levels shouldn't be as hard to progress (atm the only people who are max level are cheaters, without cheating it takes a hundred hours of SOLID GRINDING in the smallest quarantine zones), and the benefits from the legend levels shouldn't be quite as extreme (10x bow damage, what?)

Also, for the time being, switch to hard mode if you want nights to not be super short and easy.

Edited by VanuCultist

@VanuCultist

Hey! Thanks for the responce! Glad to hear some people out there that ain't completely negative about this. :)

I do apologize about the night time being short and easy suggestion. It's just I'm used to playing Normal and I haven't played Hard so I didn't know that was possible. I can remove that particular suggestion if you want me to..

I also do very much agree about your personal suggestions too, especially the enemies, weapon rarity, and modification. If you want, do you want me to list your suggestions up for people to see too or? If you don't want to, that's totally fine with me though.

Edited by WerewolfNightmare

I have one suggestion and a certain unused mechanic I thought on in the original dying light when decapitating any hostile there is a freestanding moment that the head was in the air to which I made a personal goal of attempting to kick which I did quite often... in short maybe classify the head as a separate object maybe similar to throwing a cinderblock.  Though activated through kicking, maybe smash it into an enemy and cause a similar rag-doll or stagger.  Just my input maybe adds to the realism a bit but who knows I was pretty messed up in that game still one of my favorites though.