Sign in to follow this  
Schoolshooter95

How Does The Matching On Dying Light Work?

Last night I found someone who the game said was a good match. But when I played against them they were rubbish and at the end I looked at their rank and it said they were "prey".

I tend to only play against people who are a equal match because I feel guilty for fighting a total noob.

So what decides the matching? I know it's definitely not rank that for sure. Is it recent games? Or number of wins v losses?

It's been that way for a while. I am a prey on my human so when I go on I get stuck with widow maker and above which sucks to learn with. I have this issue on my hunter a lot. If I notice them to be weak I will allow them 3 nests for better drops then end it.

Last night I found someone who the game said was a good match. But when I played against them they were rubbish and at the end I looked at their rank and it said they were "prey".

I tend to only play against people who are a equal match because I feel guilty for fighting a total noob.

So what decides the matching? I know it's definitely not rank that for sure. Is it recent games? Or number of wins v losses?

There are only 2 player pools now for the sake of more games, so as you see, a complete noob can be paired with decent hunter who belongs to first pool.

What's funny on VAC secure game when i play as a hunter with my Runner rank or up to Widow i get paired always with ppl with 600 up to 1500 hours of DL, the results are 50-50 for win-losses but i never found matchup with people with lowe hour count except when i play on non VAC secure game's...there are usually people with 0 - 500 hours of gameplay.
So imo the matchmaking is still weird like alot!...

Imo when you look about matchmaking:

Ranks: determines how good you are but i've seen alot of AP's or US's that really play like they just started playing BTZ so i dont think that player ranks affects matchmaking but i could be wrong...

Your total hours of gameplay in PVP: 
Does it affect matchmaking? I think it does, more hours = more experience

Win/Loss ratio:
Every game has matchmaking tied to this but i dont think its the case with Dying Light PVP

Nests Destroyed (Human Side):

I believe that this could also be strong candidate for matching with experienced hunters

Hunters Killed (Human Side):
Again strong candidate

Humans Killed (NH side):
Strong candidate to setup matchmaking

Finished games in certain time (NH Side victories):
Again strong candidate for matchmaking.

Spike Kills (NH/Human side):
Could be strong candidate

DFA kills (Human Side):
Strong candidate

Spit Accuracy/Ranged Weapons Accuracy (NH/HUMAN):
Could be a candidate

I dont have anymore ideas about matchmaking but i believe first few candidates can accually determine your MMR

As a hunter you can look for full green bars under the "matching" tab in the search window (PS4 and PC).  This shows you who is deemed the best match for you.  It's not based on your PVP rank title at all.  Your MMR is more or less based on you wins/losses.  The MMR of the player you win/lose against impacts how much your MMR changes.  Something along these lines:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

As sanjuubi mentions though...there are only 2 pools now.  This can allow for larger skill discrepancies in a match.  The "Quickjoin" will try to pair you with the closest player to your skill level.  If it can't find someone suitable, matchmaking will keep relaxing the skill requirements until it does.