Schoolshooter95

Tactics Againist High Level Survivors.

I would like to start a topic about tactics that are designed to help the night hunter defeat high level players. Baring in mind that these players have been through the mill and know about dodging and UV and all that nonsense. As well as how the advantage is VERY much in their favor.

There are a few I would also like to share, some of which may be rubbish. :(

Spit shine= Ground pound+ UV spit (noncharged) + ground pound + pounce.

I used this one in the last two matches I played. The first guy and was a f***ing Noob with a capital N. He was also a hacker and in the end I left because I knew I could never win. (the hack granted infinite lives :(

He called it a "noob tactic" (because it was working well and he was not good enough to stop it) The second time I was against someone who actually knew what they were doing and he was not a total noob like the last guy. I won with only three deaths and he called me "son of a chupacabra" at the end which is always a good sign. :D

Apart from that I play just like everyone else.

Do you have anything that you have managed to have work for you?  

One tactic I like to use works very well if you can get the timing and aim right. It can be very deadly now with only 1 flare. Keep in mind that this is going to assume that the human will dodge the tackle as most high end survivors do but this is used to keep them animation locked to get hit with spit.

Tackle Juke - UV Spit + UV Block > Tackle 180 spin + Pounce.

In other words... Use you UV spit as you're closing the distance then UV block before you get hit with too much light. ASAP you need to tackle attempt the human to lock them near your spit, if not a stick. Then simply turn 180 and pounce before UV block wears. Don't use pounce to animation lock because it ends your UV Block and could lose just enough stamina to not be able to pounce after.

I will defiantly try the Tackle Juke as I have never tried anything like that and it would be great if I could get it to work for me. 

I have noticed every time I find a tactic that works I get survivors whining.  It's like they want a hunter that just gets it's chupacabra kicked without much of a challenge and sometimes I feel as if the NH has been made underpowered on purpose, To reduce it to just another zombie to kill for the survivor.

On second note I would highly recommend "browiththefro's" video on the NH. It is one of the first videos that helped me to get better. Although many people have already seen it.     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7W1UHEdsHA

There are a few things in there that I have not even tried myself yet. 

Edited by Schoolshooter95

1st of all i don't agree it is in the survivors advantage if its 1v1 or 2v1, it is well in the hunters advantage if its 2 or 1 player. Only when it is 4v1 i think it is in the survivors advantage with 3v1 being equal talking about highest skill hunters like visceral/nanoboy vs top top players. Well to be honest gp>spit works well if it is 1v1 or 2v1 and probably kill them but if its 3v1 and 4v1 and they are top players, it won't kill them. Sure you can get it on them but it wont kill as they will have good team mates for cover. The best technique nanoboy uses on me is when i am in old town high at nests he will run up in front of me then jump behind me and tackle me> fall off building>certain death. Against the best survivors this is one of the only ways to guarantee kill. Nowadays i have to know my surroundings and put my back to a wall to stop him from doing it, as you cannot dodge a tackle unless you are looking at the hunter

PS if its 1v1 i don't think its possible for survivor. If uv spit>pounce>uv interrupts pounce>they get uv spit on definitely>they throw flare>they stay around flare>you pound flare and survivor>pounce=dead. I don't think there is any way to get away from that.

Edited by Ninja

Playing as hunter who is now more OP than ever before, i have forced many of the "top" survivors to bring out thier hacks to the extent of "i couldnt care less now ive lost so may as well play around".

These guys i played before and assumed they were just better than me. Turns out they just were careful with how much hacking could be seen to me. Some care others dont. My advise is to get a feel for what should and shouldnt. Its a very useful way of telling whos cheating. If lag seems fine and those humans are owning you then consider lag is on their side or their cheating. To find proper good cheat free players is almost impossible. I can tell when the humans are cheating, hell they can still see you through walls when you spit them with sense suppressor. They more ballzy and seem to never let you land a pounce unless they spat on or in air. They are also at the same time uncertain about their ability.

This isnt every "top" player who is cheating but it dam well is over 70% of them. Trust me, i got years in this game.

If you want to play against people who cheat with a game that flavours them then enjoy man. And dont take it seriously as lag + legendary human + hacks is not an easy or simple kill. Add three or four and you got a nightmare.

These aren't tactics sorry, but i feel its helpful advice. You dont want to waste your time playing hackers who claim your terrible cause they have the developers menu and are practically god. Its NOT fun.

Well i noticed on vac secured servers most people dont cheat. If you do, you run the risk of getting vac banned as i know someone that got vac banned after he deleted me(i found he was vac banned later). Unless you play on a non vac server then expect cheaters

The issue with the running at someone on a roof, jumping over them, spinning 180 and tackling sounds great for you PC users but try and attempt this on console. There is a minimum range on tackle it seems so even landing next to a human while holding the sprint button and tackle will not activate unless there is enough space. If too close you will just run at the for a hug.

I also feel on console it is harder to 1v1 or 1v2 because of these PC tactics not working. I can GP and stick a 1v1 human no problem but they either climb or flare and being unable to execute the PC tactics mentioned means I try to tackle normal or GP them off. The better humans will dodge backwards off roof and grapple back to punish without hitting the ground. Also a missed spit in a 1v1 is a forever timer so connecting with one and it failing is just as bad.

Edited by Wiggelz

I have been thinking about spit combos. Like Horde spit + Sense suppressor spit. I mean you know you are in trouble when you have a horde of exploding zombies chasing you; But you are up to your eye balls in it when they are chasing you AND you and you cannot tell where the night hunter is. 

Sense Suppression is an odd Spit. I like it, but it feels like a "Win More" type of skill. If you're already sneaky enough to hide your presence completely around a competent Survivor, you most likely have the skill to just stick'em with a UV Spit. I don't find myself using it as much as Toxic/Horde/UV, regardless of the number of people. When I do, it's usually because I can "afford" to do it, not because I need to.

It's too bad it wasn't a passive, smear-on-your-face ability like Human Camo.

@UP

Sense Suppression is not great spit. Experienced Survivor still can hear you, see you and block "sneaky" pounce.

I remember Night Hunter spawn point and probably in all nest spawn points, so I know from what way he might come.

But trust me, if survivor will get more nerfs so probably a lot of player will start play on Normal Mode

I like survivor spit as a last ditch oh chupacabra. Like if I miss a ground pound and know a death is close I try to shoot it off cause you'll get 1 anyways when you respawn. It lasts for more than enough time for you to come back.