herotina

Only 1 Flare? Techland, U Kidding Me?

Yeah I know and I do use it myself and get called out for it. The problem is when you're against a bunch of good survivors you're gonna need to land those spits if you want to win that game. Aiming every single spit manually wouldn't be efficient since it's very easy to miss with humans dodging around. Maybe if the spit had more velocity and would fly straight and explode on impact to humans, a good hunter wouldn't need to rely on this tactic. It just isn't worth it to flop those spits around since they are most likely gonna miss IMO.

The spit+tackle or spit+pounce locks do not work that well either and it usually ends up with an axe to the back of my head, forcing me to flee and recover even if that spit did connect. And I did not imply at any point in my post that I'm a great night hunter or that my 60 hours of night hunter makes me good, I just used that to say I'm not a complete noob and almost every game I've played, the humans litter the nest area with flares. That wasn't a complaint, just an observation. Another thing I've noticed lately is that the humans use the grappling hook when I'm about to ground pound and it will miss once their feet leave the ground. 

Anyway I like your ideas. I think the humans should get the old flare cooldown back, or at least increase it to two flares before cooldown and the handicap system should go. Dodging a tackle should be improved since right now it is too easy to do and it feels a bit random. I don't play much as a human much but when I do, I notice sometimes I can dodge tackles I wasn't even preparing for and sometimes I couldn't even dodge a tackle I saw coming from a mile away. And then the wall recovery, if a human hits a wall after GP/tackle they will recover faster than the hunter and that results in a free hit/kill if the hunter is close enough.

I have said before and I'll say it again. HUNTER NEEDS MORE ABILITIES AND STUFF. Nerfing humans to the point where they can barely do anything is not the way to it. Techland was able to include three new moves to hunter before they can add more, and all they do it keep putting stealth updates like this into the game. Another thing that needs to be done are the amount of cheaters using modded weapons and cheat engines (PC Version). You can barely find a match when you are the Hunter where someone is not using an auto-crossbow, infinite grapple hook, infinite UV Light/flashlight hybrids, and cheats. Of course some Hunter players out there exist that cheat, but that is beside the point.

Yes! Its true!!! Hunter is hard to play because they can't unlock full skills with low level. But if they study tricks and train move skill, its easy for play.

Now, 1v1 is nightmare with human, Guess don't see the score win-lose, because Hunter noob everywhere.

I will leave game in this time, Dying Light now not Balanced, if they can fix flares back with 1-2 human (before patch), i will back.

Edited by herotina

Why? To offer some information at least, in an unclear situation... and to push discussion, so that community may pool what it knows WITHOUT derailing the thing into a balancing discussion again. My alternative, which I tried to practice in recent weeks was to talk about game mode related things that are fun/less fun for folks, instead of getting into toxic hair splitting discussions concerning balance that everybody knows lead nowhere.

That way everybody can say what they think AND keep dignity/respect in the room.

Why? It's a standard social gesture: this is the stuff players in my neck of the wood are talking about... have you heard anything to substantiate or invalidate this? Because I know nothing.

Just because there is no evidence for some idea doesn't mean that that idea is untrue. In fact, I welcome you to invalidate what I said and would gladly stand corrected with the real story behind this.

Additionally, this entire Mario Kart idea: I'm sure it is valid for a party game by Nintendo, just not sure it should apply to combat games that emphasize some degree of realism, over and above common mmorpgs. Just knowing that some auto-balancing is going on in the background, in context of this game mode, changes how folks play the game, which cuts into the realism/fun/immediacy of the thing for yours truly.

Providing false information doesn't push positive discussion, it only creates more confusion. The fact is nobody knows anything right now besides that the nerf exists so anything anyone says is pure speculation.

I'm not sure why Pete hasn't made any comments on this latest change but I'm sure reaching out to him is the best possible way to get the truth. He was last active on the 23rd, last thursday, and is usually not active during the weekend as that isn't within his work hours most likely. We should get a response back sometime this week so until then keeping rumors to a minimum would help.

Providing false information doesn't push positive discussion, it only creates more confusion. The fact is nobody knows anything right now besides that the nerf exists so anything anyone says is pure speculation.

I'm not sure why Pete hasn't made any comments on this latest change but I'm sure reaching out to him is the best possible way to get the truth. He was last active on the 23rd, last thursday, and is usually not active during the weekend as that isn't within his work hours most likely. We should get a response back sometime this week so until then keeping rumors to a minimum would help.

Opinions include rumors. Especially regarding otherwise unsupported claims, which most adults not only handle but see as part of communities and social life in general.

Who gave you the right to censor opinions and portray yourself as "keeping the peace/order of the forum", as if in charge of some natural disaster cleanup?

Additionally, in doing so, you imply the rumor I shared to be false, offering no proof, thereby actually spreading a falsehood, which you claim to preach against:  because it is not certain at this point in time, whether the story is false or true. With the above statement you pretend to know with certainty/authority of forum moderator that it IS in fact false: prove that claim.

This is the third time that you break the community guidelines. This time all of them, if we take a closer look: civility standard, off topic moralizing on how to handle the current situation, lack of constructive intent implying false negative intent of spreading wild rumors on my part, lack of meaning by actual spreading of false information without proof as mentioned, and responsibility standard of abusing your status to continue to do these things, thereby intentionally misleading new members not used to your games.

Your personal grudge against me along with your status does not allow you to violate the community standards for a third time/whenever you please. It's a pity that new members get to see one of longest posters, with most history, be the forum's resident troll repeatedly. Your posts don't seem worthy of responses lately and people rightfully ignore them. If I cared, or this were some real issue that affected well-being of community or people's game play, I'd report you. :rolleyes:

Additionally, in doing so, you imply the rumor I shared to be false, offering no proof, thereby actually spreading a falsehood, which you claim to preach against:  because it is not certain at this point in time, whether the story is false or true. With the above statement you pretend to know with certainty/authority of forum moderator that it IS in fact false: prove that claim.

That's because it is false (you have no evidence to prove this yourself). Besides you came forth with the claim so the responsibility to prove it's validity rests upon you not us.

If I told you I heard a rumor that a pig grew wings and started flying you wouldn't expect me to force you to prove it was false would you?

What are you talking about? 3 flares max? I regularly see 1 human use 4 flares. I had one game where the dudes made a massive glowing trail of flares that was like a mile long. I looked at this monster of a f@#k up in utter disgust and then walked away.

1 Human can't use 4 flares, i did try it too much. Because have limited times for it. If u used 1 flares and wait some sec for it recovery, u can thrown 2 flares next. After, human never thrown flares in long times.

Let's try, if u use Flare 1, wait for recovery times, when u thrown Flare 4, flare 1 was end (flare have a limited times).

If flare 1 near flare 2 (or 3), ground pound was enough for block all.

If u want ground pound to human, let's atk they to the wall or car... it's easy for G.pound don't miss.

I did play Dying Light in 1.6.1 version (before The Following Patch). In that time, Human too strong with Shield Glitch, 5 times for G.hook, 3 times flares normal (max is 4)... But why Hunter in that time really good? Although they can't use spit (Shield did block all). Lets see this video (when humans combat with Hunter):

And now, how many Hunter can move like that? If he play in Old Town, u think u can escape from him?

In 1.6.1-1.8... version, have more Hunter can move like him (Koffmar, IanJP, Solid...), but now, they leave game and newbies never know "how to play Hunter".

And Human don't teleport to Nest, they RUN and climb to it, human can't kill a nest too fast (have more Viral, Goon...), Hunter can recovery energy or respawn in that times.

Hunter can atk in 1/3 or 2/3 way of humans. That why have 30-40 flares used in a match (combat with hunter, anti Viral, deffend...), but in a times, they never can use 4 flares.

Edited by herotina

Uh no, ive seen a survivor use 4 flares at one nest while going at it. I cant tell you if it was a vac secure game or not as i have to switch between, just to find a decent match. This happened about a month ago.

Only now it doesnt happen.

In game skill has little to do with strategic understanding of games in general. In fact, it is quite plausible that the better we are in game, the more biased our assessments of a game's qualities become, because we have a stake in things, losing objectivity in the process.

The decision to stick with a single flare for 1v1 remains poor for a single reason; hunter's standard tactical combo: shield - engage survivor - UV spit + force animation on survivor (via tackle or pounce) - Ground pound flare he threw > resulting in a few seconds of free pounce with no reply for survivor who is staring at 2 cooldowns: his UV lamp from spit and flare. For these few crucial seconds in 1v1 after standard tactical sequence the game is effectively broken.

Can two flares be abused? Sure, but approaching things with a measure that breaks the game mode in 1v1 is clearly excessive. I engage hunters I don't know well in 1v1 scenarios much less these days, as folks are too bent on winning to see that the game mode no longer features the 1v1 to 1v4 spectrum of possible multiplayer play as advertised.

And while the rumor that some elite player's and/or dev's pride got hurt with flare spam and that everybody is forced to play broken 1v1 because of that is not proven, the tactical sequence as described above remains without valid counter, which is ok for spit smash or a move that exhibits high cost, but not for a standard move that can be pulled off anytime. This does seem like somebody playing with game mode settings shooting from the hip, reacting to a loss emotionally and not like a professional studio finding a viable solution to folks performing 2 flare exploit.

This "quick fix that broke 1v1" both robs the strategic quality of the game, rendering it more of a bad gambling experience for survivors and makes the game mode feel cheaper and less thoughtful. The fact that some extraordinary initial state (spawn locations, nest distribution etc.) has allowed some survivor to win against high level hunter is not a convincing proof. Here, I'd have to see a few dozens examples of full game wins to be convinced. I'm uncertain that it is possible to show this in Be the Zombie mode for the kind of consistency required by a strategy game of quality. 

This does not seem like the kind of support for the game promised by Techland CEO Paweł Marchewka in his open letter in February this year:

"At the same time it is a clear sign that there is still high demand for that unique Dying Light experience.

Having said that, this is my personal request to all of you: share your impressions with us. You can do it through one of our social media channels, our official forum, or simply by e-mail. We want to hear about all your stories, ideas and problems you could have.

To make sure that every new or veteran player gets all the fun they deserve, we have decided to continue our support for Dying Light at least till the end of this year."

If those thoughtful words seem to translate to game breaking thoughtless tweaks in 1v1, then folks have a clear signal of what is going on. Regardless of whether the rumor is true or not.

Edited by Chickeninja