Sign in to follow this  
perkele

1V1

So what do you all think about 1v1ing? Do you feel like it's balanced and what would you change if you could? :D I rarely play the game nowadays but I never liked to 1v1 when I used to play a lot. Perhaps I never was good enough to do well in a 1v1 but I remember I had to be really careful as the hunter cause the spits were so limited and dying meant a lost nest and the fight would move to the next nest since the human would cloak and be halfway to the next nest when I respawned. I guess that's still how it is today but I've been playing some 2-4v1's and it seems like the nests are very weak. People use crossbows to quickly headshot the nests even if I'm around (standing on pole, being indoors with flares all over) and it seems to do a lot of damage. If I remember correctly there used to be only 2 volatiles/nest which was too low and even more so now that we have high damage xbows IMO. So I probably won't be playing 1v1 ever again but what do ya'll think about it? :D

The only thing left is having fun. It's harder since The Following because of rubberbanding and new ability to keep momentum with tendrills, but that's nothing you can't handle. Playing with friends is still fun.

I would say that if you are good in draining hunter from stamina, then you shouldn't worry that much.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Honestly unless the Hunter is really inexperienced, or doesn't abuse certain things 1v1 is completely unbalanced and favors the Hunter. I have fought Visceral, a good friend of mine and the best Night Hunter on PC, and its impossible to beat him in a 1v1. The stuff he does is completely insane and there is barely anything I could do because of his skill as a Night Hunter. Hell I couldn't even touch a nest and there are hunters who are almost equal skilled as him. Its best to do fights in 2v1 because of the damage nerf.

Honestly unless the Hunter is really inexperienced, or doesn't abuse certain things 1v1 is completely unbalanced and favors the Hunter. I have fought Visceral, a good friend of mine and the best Night Hunter on PC, and its impossible to beat him in a 1v1. The stuff he does is completely insane and there is barely anything I could do because of his skill as a Night Hunter. Hell I couldn't even touch a nest and there are hunters who are almost equal skilled as him. Its best to do fights in 2v1 because of the damage nerf.

I disagree i fought with visceral 1v1 on nightmare in old town, this was my first time with him and i took 3 out of 5 nests, mode is balanced, i lost only because i was making stupid mistakes, not because of the unbalance. Visceral, ionikalex are equal in skill, DaniloC.Q is just a little little worse, Visceral is  human and makes mistakes too, he can be beaten in 1v1. Human needs great focus to kill him, but this is possible.

Honestly I don't think 1v1 favors the night hunter at all unless the night hunter spams chupacabra ground pound but that's about it. They can TRY to spam tackle but it can be dodged pretty easiE

Every person who thinks that using ground pound is "spamming" is an i.d.i.o.t. "spamming" is a term invented by low level players without skills and brains. They are using it as a shield when they cant figure out simple solutions.... how to counter ground pounds. If you dont know how to counter GP's you are simply.... i dk, this game is just not for you, try something easier. This game in pvp requires thinking... most people have really hard time thinkig, this is the main problem.

Edited by EMtriX

Honestly I don't think 1v1 favors the night hunter at all unless the night hunter spams chupacabra ground pound but that's about it. They can TRY to spam tackle but it can be dodged pretty easily.

Spamming a ground pound requires skill or weak oponent. Try NH yourself and use only GP.