Sign in to follow this  
Wiggelz

Need Some Advice From Fellow Night Hunters.

Eh, it's the same around the board I guess. I've missed many a ground pounds cause of the claw. I figured out how to clip it but it can only be done if you spam ground pound so no thank you. I will never be a lame spammer, even if it's the only way to win end game pvp.

I dont know man, if your going fisticuffs against a human its the only way,especially with 2 handers. I will slap,pound,slap, pound ect..gp suffers a fatal penalty for using incorrectly, more so than any other move. So "spam" away.

I agree... but it's just not a playstyle I enjoy. If I have to spam a move to beat the better people than it's not the side for me. I've been playing the survivor side now because of this very reason.

Edited by Wiggelz

Yes, its a sad form of melee combat but its basically the hunters best move. If survivors can cloak sense suppressor and horde, then spit smash is only fair, granted we dont have a potion that simultaneously cancels our opponents hard earned and well executed move while making us vanish..I dont spam gp thats rude, i use everything in my power to make the game enjoyable for both sides. But ive always played the underdog. Makes me feel alive.

I hear you there and I enjoy the NH side. I feel like the underdog as a survivor cause on PS4 it is very difficult for me to get used to switching between grappling hook, uv light, flares and boosters. Especially in the heat of a fight when I get UV supressed.

That i can respect, i play with xbox controller on massive UHD TV so im rather handicapped compared to most pc enthuesetes. Equipment cycling is the only challenge as human really.

I mean a human can just spam dodge to the point where i just feel like a bull and he the matador. Spits, uv blocks and respawning cant come soon enough with the elite survivors. I feel the only way i could play equal is if i were to infinite spits, dodge should have been given to hunter as well, why cant we move at superhuman speeds?

Survivors should have a limit of 4 dodges as they are only human. They can keep a light on me while easily keeping a safe distance! How is that in any way practical? If one can do that and drain my power, what the héll am i supposed to do with the other 3 coming after me as they know exactly where i am.

I might as well be fighting in daylight.

It has always been an issue. Dodge spamming is a tough thing to overcome and makes tackles almost useless unless you're good at max sensativity and try ro jump atound the human to tackle from behind. Even that is a chupacabra shoot. I've found that trying to save spits until I'm 70% sure I can get a spit stick. Try to get used to the ground pound to spit. It's very effective when you get used to it. It tough to be a better hunter. The high end survivors can switch equipment well and have quick heals. The only qay to win is to try abd exploit some pounce scenarios and get some lucky horde kills and hope for no revive.

Pretty much, its sad. Im gonna put this game down for a while. Play some KF2 perhaps..

i just hope techland reads these threads throughly so they get a better idea of what to make for pvp in the future. They had a unique idea but that got warped. Wtf is a "glass cannon" supposed to do when he shines like a beacon. Hunter is basically a piñata on crack.

Also why cant i choose the difficulty?? My own, or the groups? I am the one going against a group after all? I dont like playing against kak players who live thanks to this fundamental imbalance.

There are enough gold weapons circulating between decent survivors for them not to bother playing nightmare or hard.

Get it together techland.

Also why cant i choose the difficulty?? My own, or the groups? I am the one going against a group after all? I dont like playing against kak players who live thanks to this fundamental imbalance.

Are you playing on Xbox? PS4 and PC have server dropdown lists for the NH, letting you choose who to fight. Shows the # of players, connection, etc.

Played PS4 before PC, im familiar with the lobby to say the least. It doesnt say whos playing what difficulty.

Oh, I gotcha. Misread your first post.

I mean... on the flip-side, if Hunters could choose between Hard/Nightmare and Normal, we'd just always choose Hard/Nightmare. Normal mode players would never see an invasion again.

Rather, just make a note of Dupers and don't play them. Plenty of legitimate people on Normal, but it's fairly easy to identify the "250 LL Normal Mode Dupers" and just pass over them.

if Hunters could choose between Hard/Nightmare and Normal, we'd just always choose Hard/Nightmare. Normal mode players would never see an invasion again.

Very true, just wish those who are skilled enough would have enough incentive to play on hard/Nightmare. I play many games where peepz give randoms gold weapons cause it was easily obtained and the dude is slightly competent.

I urge you to ignore DrPurringtons advice, he is a trash NH. I've seen him play. A good example of someone who favors one side and sticks to tactics that only works against people who suck (a reason why he is afraid to face me, he knows he'll lose). On a 1v3 and above don't rely and spit smash, that is an absolutely stupid idea.

where's your respect man? 

where's your respect man? 

Haha, don't worry about him. Salty player who lost against me one too many times. Follows me around to downplay any submissions I make.

Very true, just wish those who are skilled enough would have enough incentive to play on hard/Nightmare.

Agreed! But for many, exploits circumvent those incentives. As long as they exist, it's much easier for players to stick to Normal and just dupe packages than put in the work required to make it through Hard/Nightmare. Which, of course, is Grade-A bullplop, but just pointing out how it currently is.