Pete Donnelly

New 'tunables' Released For Btz

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to share a couple of changes we just released yesterday.  These changes are based on feedback we've received and game stats that we've collected.

1. BTZ matchmaking reduced to 2 pools again.

2. 3v1 and 4v1 Damage Scaling.  (Survivors damage output is scaled to 2/3 damage in 3v1 and 4v1)

3. Removed added headshot damage from arrows/bolt.  (This was never communicated clearly and added damage from special bolts/arrow allowed 1 hit kills)

Damage scaling??? C'mon guys... I just threw a 2 handed weapon at a Hunter and he lived!!!! I'm Removed done with your game....

let me guess, a hunter's sole missed GP should equal certain and instant death, for both hunter and a nest

g-bye, you wont be missed

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Removed Quoted Swear

Got any gameplay updates in plan?

I was thinking letting the Night Hunter be able to do finishers on downed survivors and/or being able to drag them to a nest and infect them.

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to share a couple of changes we just released yesterday.  These changes are based on feedback we've received and game stats that we've collected.

1. BTZ matchmaking reduced to 2 pools again.

I'm not at home and will report back when I can test this, but this sounds awesome. Sad to say, but the "elite" pool was a mess of dupers and D/C'ers anyway. If opening the pools up lets more games show up on the dropdown, I'm all for it!

2. 3v1 and 4v1 Damage Scaling.  (Survivors damage output is scaled to 2/3 damage in 3v1 and 4v1)

Biased opinion here, but great! I would've even been happy with just increased damage scaling during animations in 3-4 Vs. 1. This is exponentially better. I assume this is a way to prevent all those "Four guys with ∞ Explosive Arrows" matches.

Is this damage output overall (zombies, nests, etc.), or just against the Hunter? Either one is fine, just curious.

3. Removed added headshot damage from arrows/bolt.  (This was never communicated clearly and added damage from special bolts/arrow allowed 1 hit kills)

So this is saying no more OHKO's from arrows? Interesting. I guess I can see why, as the added damage was being used in tandem with the animation delay of Drop Kicks. I didn't think OHKOs from headshots was too OP, honestly - it makes sense logic-wise. But I'm certainly not going to complain.

Great addition Pete. This game just got so much better. Please take away the handicap system and normal mode medkits insta-heal, and this game would be just

I totally agree, handicap system is one of the stupidest thing i saw in this game. Imagine CS:GO with this chupacabra  system, when one team wins for example 10:2 the other team gets AVP + full kevlar and helmet + all genades every round they are losing. For the majority of the time i am dominating hunters, but when this stupid system kicks in, i am spawned 300 fu.king meters away from nests, there are 3 spawns, 2 goons by the nests, more zombies, nests are more resistant to fire and poison. With that buffs even mediocre hunter can destroy you because by the time you get to the nests he got charged spit smash and you are fu.ked. I had so many matches where i was way better and could win with 7-8 lives left, but because of this stupid handicap i almost lost. Sometimes it is better to "tactically" lose a couple of lives at the beginning of the match.  There will be 2 nests instead of 3, they will go down quicker and you will be spawned 100 meters away from nests instead of 250-300. Game will be just easier for the rest of the time.

Edited by EMtriX

I'm not at home and will report back when I can test this, but this sounds awesome. Sad to say, but the "elite" pool was a mess of dupers and D/C'ers anyway. If opening the pools up lets more games show up on the dropdown, I'm all for it!

Just following up on my own comment - I hosted a Memorial Day stream this weekend and could consistently jump into matches, one after another! Plenty were Green, and tons of Oranges showed up when the Greens were people I couldn't connect to and/or "Ghost Players."

This was an excellent choice and really opens up the number of matches Hunters can join, keeping us from lollygagging around the lobby for 10-20 minutes. More than happy with the change.

Just following up on my own comment - I hosted a Memorial Day stream this weekend and could consistently jump into matches, one after another! Plenty were Green, and tons of Oranges showed up when the Greens were people I couldn't connect to and/or "Ghost Players."

This was an excellent choice and really opens up the number of matches Hunters can join, keeping us from lollygagging around the lobby for 10-20 minutes. More than happy with the change.

Great!  Glad to hear it's working out!

I actually like this mechanic because it actually required you to precisely aim. Hitting a Night Hunter in the head with an arrow/bolt was extremely difficult because he is always moving and getting that kill felt so satisfying. The arrows travel infinitely, but in an arc while the bolts travel straight, but soon disappear after going 50m or a bit more.  The amount of times that I heard people complain about this was because they were standing still which is something you should not do as a Night Hunter. As for the dropkick combo into arrow/bolt....in my experience it was not guaranteed because most hunters I faced can recover quickly or where the Hunter is after I dropkick him varies. Overall its something I'll miss, but I am glad some small changes were added.

By the way what does the "Matchmaking reduced to 2 pools" mean?

By the way what does the "Matchmaking reduced to 2 pools" mean?

Matchmaking is split into "tiers," with the main reason being to prevent new players from being invaded by expert Night Hunters. So if you just start your Human game with no prior BtZ experience and want to jump into a fight with a Night Hunter, you're not running into Apex Level 60s. Likewise, 250 Humans don't show up to new Night Hunters.

An "Elite" tier was added a while ago, to get the top players fighting each other. All subjective opinions aside, it often created situations in which Night Hunters would have to wait a very long time for a match, as there were only so many Humans available in the Elite tier. Sometimes those Humans were "Ghost Players" who could not be connected to, preventing gameplay entirely.

With matchmaking back to two tiers, more Humans - meaning more matches - are now available for players to join.

I would appreciate 0.5s shorter recovery from missed ground pound and faster climbing. Hunter looks like 90 year old grandpa with spine pain when missed pound and climbs like old man with muscle vanishing disorder.

I would appreciate 0.5s shorter recovery from missed ground pound and faster climbing. Hunter looks like 90 year old grandpa with spine pain when missed pound and climbs like old man with muscle vanishing disorder.

(boring dwelling alert !!!)i dont think this is a good idea, hunter is already powerful, missed GP is sometimes the only way you can kill a hunter, GP has big range, when punishment for missing will be decreased, spamming will be even more. Climbing is good as it is. I have never complain about it. I am almost always playing 1v1 with high level hunters and this is very hard already to beat them, i do not even want to think how hard it would be if hunter would get more buffs. People say that on PC, 1v1, and on nightmare difficulty hunter is just better than human, maybe i am wrong, but i think there are some ways to beat them, every game i am losing is because i made mistake, sometimes i am attacking 0,3 sec. too late or too early, sometimes i choose to throw a two handed instead of 1 handed and switching to rifle, small mistakes like that are very important, but if my every move would be perfect i could win all my battles. Avoiding spit smash requires great practice and thinking, on the highest level this is a tactical game i think, not a game based only on reflex and fast clicking. It is hard to compare skill of two players when one plays as a hunter and other as a human because both sides require different set of skills. Hunter is climbing like a grandpa... but he has tendrils and can increase his speed to insane level, every side has its advantages, this is a mind game that is based on forcing other player to situations when there is nothing he can do. Your every move has to be perfect if you wan to win, People say that Spit + pounce combo is unavoidable... but when you are on the lantern this combo cannot be executed. After spit hunters have to wait 0,5 sec to use pounce, this is a chance for human to get away, if he made mistake... boom he is dead. Hunter tackle in majority of cases leads to death of a hunter because of the two handed weapons, but there are many places on the map where you can tackle from angles which allow hunter to clip through some objects, for example... cars,  barriers and the like, clipping allows you to escape from axe or 1-handed, but when you are a human you can avoid such places, being best in dying light requires many hours of training and memorizing the map, Therre are soooo many possibilities like in chess. This game is amazing !!!

Edited by EMtriX

Lolololol yeah I know you were on. You were too busy fighting noob humans and turned down my repeated challenges because you're scared.

missed GP is sometimes the only way you can kill.......

Your story is too long so i didn't even read it. Sometimes means that this is variable factor and you should work your way out for it to be always or never. Sometimes i can't do anything to you because you are taking camo between nests and hiding inside a building in sea of flares taking down nest with crossbow. I don't think this is the reason to complain about humans, flares and indoors where hunter can't move fluently and entering buliding means death in most times.

Your story is too long so i didn't even read it. Sometimes means that this is variable factor and you should work your way out for it to be always or never. Sometimes i can't do anything to you because you are taking camo between nests and hiding inside a building in sea of flares taking down nest with crossbow. I don't think this is the reason to complain about humans, flares and indoors where hunter can't move fluently and entering buliding means death in most times.

:) Are you complaining ? I am just doing what needs to be done to win. I am not invincible, you are losing because you are making mistakes. There are places where hunter has advantage and there are places where he doesn't. I am just using map to go into places where i am safe, it is your taks to don't let me to do that. If you can't you have to work harder :). My biggest complain about this game is that hunters are joining when there is very late and i am exhausted after all day, i need to prepare for work next day, my reaction time and creativity are decreased :) hehe. I was playing yesterday with chris limpe, the only player who knows how to smoke me out from my "safe zones" xD, but he lost anyway :) I will post match with him so you can see how its done.