Sign in to follow this  
jonnyallen3

Medkit Spamming On Normal Difficulty

Over 1 year later and this has still not been fixed. During invasions medkit healing should be gradual, not instant. This makes killing your opponent by means of health depletion impossible in most cases. This is just rediculous.

https://youtu.be/Owod-SeiQWg

I just can't believe there are still people playing on normal mode. It's so pathetic, really.

I still won this game but regardless, it's rediculous. Also I know there are crybabies that are gonna cry, "Ground Pound spam". Crying about Ground Pounding in Dying Light is like crying about bullets in Call of Duty. Ground Pounding takes skill to land consistently, and a miss is punishable. Its one of the NH's thriving skills, and without it a NH is completely useless against anyone who doesn't suck. NH's attack are all melee. So people who cry about GP, either don't play as the Night Hunter, are making an excuse, or are simply not intelligent.

Techland, if you fix this issue, and get rid of that handicap/welfare system, this PVP mode would be near flawless. Please execute. This is my favorite game still and I'm not giving up on it just yet.

Edited by jonnyallen3

This is so ridiculous.. but normal mode is normal mode. Is for unskilled players.

Instant heal is for more chance to survive. Only normal mode.

I think techland needs to do something about normal mode.. but not about heal. Just put limit time for heal.

Same as flares and potions.

Edited by DaniloC.Q

This is so ridiculous.. but normal mode is normal mode. Is for unskilled players.

Instant heal is for more chance to survive. Only normal mode.

Agreed. It's not so much about the mode as it is the people, sadly.

Legend Ranks come very slowly in Normal Mode, so players who wanted to max out at 250 should have been encouraged to switch over to Hard or Nightmare. This would have caused more of the hardcore players, who strive to be as strong as possible for PVP, to be in Hard/Nightmare mode with the staggered healing.

Unfortunately, duping packages meant players could stay in Normal Mode, but still max out their Legend Rank. So there's a vast abundance of players who can "have their cake and eat it too" with minimal effort.

To alter healing permanently on Normal Mode would cause non-PVP players a good amount of grief and unfairly increase difficulty for those who just legitimately play the game. Altering the healing to only be in BtZ may be possible, but that's still a massive difficulty hike for new or legitimate players, all because of cheaters? It wouldn't be a good move.

It's just another case of bad people being bad people, and those people shouldn't be the ones Techland specifically tailors the game to or against. There are some legitimate players, but the Elite Pool is more or less a D/C and duper-riddled farce.

Agreed. It's not so much about the mode as it is the people, sadly.

Legend Ranks come very slowly in Normal Mode, so players who wanted to max out at 250 should have been encouraged to switch over to Hard or Nightmare. This would have caused more of the hardcore players, who strive to be as strong as possible for PVP, to be in Hard/Nightmare mode with the staggered healing.

Unfortunately, duping packages meant players could stay in Normal Mode, but still max out their Legend Rank. So there's a vast abundance of players who can "have their cake and eat it too" with minimal effort.

To alter healing permanently on Normal Mode would cause non-PVP players a good amount of grief and unfairly increase difficulty for those who just legitimately play the game. Altering the healing to only be in BtZ may be possible, but that's still a massive difficulty hike for new or legitimate players, all because of cheaters? It wouldn't be a good move.

It's just another case of bad people being bad people, and those people shouldn't be the ones Techland specifically tailors the game to or against. There are some legitimate players, but the Elite Pool is more or less a D/C and duper-riddled farce.

The PvP mode shouldn't discriminate players whether it is normal difficulty or hard difficulty. The hunter can't choose any of those. Looks like one sided as it is now. Skill should be a factor of difficulty, not some option in menu. Hunter players can only beg devs to aid them, the survivors can change the option whether they see fit.

Edited by sanjyuubi

The PvP mode shouldn't discriminate players whether it is normal difficulty or hard difficulty. The hunter can't choose any of those. Looks like one sided as it is now.

Considering the Hunter can't use medkits, it's just one of those things where not everyone feels comfortable playing a version of the game where healing is gradual and not instant.

Maybe if BTZ was only available on harder difficulties then that would be one issues sorted I suppose.

The PvP mode shouldn't discriminate players whether it is normal difficulty or hard difficulty. The hunter can't choose any of those. Looks like one sided as it is now. Skill should be a factor of difficulty, not some option in menu. Hunter players can only beg devs to aid them, the survivors can change the option whether they see fit.

My main disagreement with this is that the game started out with quick healing, not HoTs. There was no downgrade here - Hunters have always had to face Humans with quick healing, and now can sometimes face Humans who have HoTs. As a Hunter, it's just a win/win, because the alternative was always having quick healing. As I mentioned, this would be much, much more prevalent if there wasn't package duping.

I would honestly say the PVP mode "discriminating players" is actually a Human issue, not a Night Hunter issue. If Human players didn't have various stigmas attached to them already, I'd bet a common Human argument would be, "Why does my Single Player choice to play Hard/Nightmare Mode affect my ability to heal normally in PVP?" And it wouldn't even be a bad argument.

You are correct on the matter of "choice," but what is the choice here? Human players have this choice: Play normally, or tack on a handicap. They're not "benefiting" from playing on Normal Mode any more than they would be if no HoTs had been added to Hard/Nightmare Mode. There's no bonus. It's either just as it was, or it's better for Hunters.

A simple way to fix this would be to add a note/symbol beside players in the Server Dropdown to show if they were playing Normal or Hard/Nightmare mode. But Xbox players can't even see that, and, really, what would Night Hunters do if that was an option? We'd just avoid all Normal players like the plague, alienating a chunk of the player base. Control and discrimination would just shift to the players that have the real power of choice - Night Hunters, who can pick and choose what players to enter and when.

Without package duping, Humans and Night Hunters would be in a similar boat. "Level up for a very, very long time on Normal, or put myself at a PVP disadvantage (HoTs), but shorten my leveling time?" It'd be no different than the Hunter choosing whether or not he should Mutate.

But because there is package duping, we see too many players cheating to take the shortcut, thus vastly more Normal Mode 250 Survivors. Shutting out new and legitimate Human players by negatively altering the gameplay their level of skill is most aligned with would be a blatant disregard of customer appreciation. Destiny did this, and it was absolutely awful. Just... awful.

TL;DR: I hope they don't do this. It's punishing everyone for the actions of a few, and NHs are no longer in such a bad place that we need the advantage at the cost of others' positive experience.

They had opportunity to change things with The Following, but they didn't. Somehow they decided, that airdrops will add points to legendary level experience while it was clear as a day, that duped items will kill the sole purpose of even gathering experience at the very beginning. What were they thinking? Did they care?

It's not hard to think about some choices, for e.g: Normal: Health recovers 10% every second, Hard: as it is now.

They had opportunity to change things with The Following, but they didn't. Somehow they decided, that airdrops will add points to legendary level experience while it was clear as a day, that duped items will kill the sole purpose of even gathering experience at the very beginning. What were they thinking? Did they care?

That is well observed and not often brought up here. Indeed, the whole inventory system on survivor side + P2P on every platform incentivizes duping.

Even if a completely cheat proof system is a fiction, how things have played out since following is kind of what they're asking for. And the fact that survivors get free flares, items etc. after Btz match is equivalent to an open admission "yeah, we don't know what to do inventory-wise about those PvP playing types that DON'T want to farm items but DO want to play hunter matches, so have some flares..."

Besides being too lazy, uninterested, and unskilled, I don't even have to know how to dupe on survivor side. Everything I need is given to me by random folks. Indeed, setting the invasions to "off" and everybody huddling over items seems to be one of the intended modes of interaction in the game world.

Yet, I have no collection ambitions, so it leaves me cold unless somebody has something that would make my game more fun (and nope, I don't play for wins/rank... too lazy, and the game forgets it anyway at some point and everybody goes back to being "Prey"), which is rare. More often than not, it's to avoid having to collect basic stuff, such as fuel, medkits etc.

I guess, collectors and folks who like to search the open world for blueprints etc. are who this is mainly aimed at. But computers being what they are, and folks carrying their materialism and buddies into the game... you have to assume rather large naiveté, given experience of what happened in 2015, on the development side, to make a statement like "duping was never intended and a complete surprise on survivor side post following".

I'd like to think the devs are somehow being not too serious in policing people's game styles and inventories, which IS consistent with the pro-modding stance, but I don't entirely believe myself when I say that either. :P P2P is cheaper. 

Edited by Chickeninja

You guys are missing the point. I'm not talking about legend levels or farming. I'm talking about properly balancing this PvP. Gamers these days have no honor. Yes DP is right that it's the players fault. But that's going to happen, just as exploits when they were available. That's why the devs need to take control of their own game.

It's such a simple fix. Similar to how the grappling hook changes from 4 rapid to 2 before cool down during invasions, on normal make medkits HoT. It's that simple..

Techland could Balance "Be The Zombie" like this.

Give each Player a Preset Amount of Medpacks, and Lockout the Excess as well as Medpack Crafting.

Allow Players to Trade Medpacks during the Game should they wish to.

Buff the Night Hunter in accordance with Human Legendary Levels and Number of Human Players present.

This would promote more Team Work and make the Night Hunter more Formidable.

The annoying thing about the balancing arguments is that there is no way to separate them from things like:

1) Player displaying poor form due to not being able to stand losing (for whatever reason as there are many possible, doesn't even have to be skill or losing to cheaters) and ranting all over the internet.

2) Playing the game itself. If a survivor gets pounced or a hunter misses their GP, people often want to start discussing how imbalanced the game is instead of playing the game mode.

If Crane's inventory is changed/restricted, the thing becomes another game mode from what we experienced over the last year.

This is why these days, I am bored of balancing arguments and try to frame my posts in this context more as "this is fun... this is less fun + why."

People think because of the game's mature content, that the direct, "violent/rude" nature of the game gives them the right to be rude to other players; both online and on boards/forums. The game is fiction. People are real. Even if folks go: "Dude, I'm sorry... didn't mean it. It's just role play." to justify their negative behavior at some point, those things should be stated with a greeting/agreement before or at the beginning of the match.