Sign in to follow this  
FaustoFimbres

Skins Rewards Are Killing The Comunity.

Ok Im gonna say this straight, Im sick tired of skins I mean the last dlcs maybe was a mkt strategy but this comunity event was like going to a party of people in coma with a bottle of beer full of water, the kill a chupacabra lotta of volatiles for an ugly shirt, was the dumbest idea to keep the comunity alive, rly? It took your team a whole month to create that event? If is hard to find out what you client wants I hope someone in techland reads this but gamers like myself want good stuff, what about a chainsaw? Or a descent weapon from a movie reference that wont break? But a shirt?!. Srly I dont know who is in charge to create ideas for the events but doesnt know chupacabra about fun and failure of this event proves that.

Can't agree more ... plus the fact that with some individualized bonus AND a fun goal, things would go the good good way.

I won't debate more about the goal, but about this WE event.

Kill 2,5 mill volatiles ? Heh, why not ...

But it severly lacked something for motivation, like this :

- 1 to 9 individual kills = a special event weapon (anti-volatile chainsaw ?), white quality

- 10 to 49 = green chainsaw

- 50 to 99 = blue chainsaw

- 100 to 249 = purple chainsaw

- 250 to 499 = orange chainsaw

- 500 to 999 = gold chainsaw

- 1000+ =  a special outfit saying "i killed thousand of zombi and all i got is this stupid outfit"

For reward, special appearance could be fun too (different character models) or even car models !

And of course, weapon models or new recipes (long duration boost potion, scopes, ammo extension, etc ...)

A CHAINSAW.....ohhh i remember at the live TWITCH STREAM for the following, where a guy asked the devs if a chainsaw is in game.....the devs only laughed (like "yep its in there") and pushed his question away for a new one.......there i 100% really thought that a chainsaw will be in the DLC.......WHO ever would thjnk after such an developer reaction, that never had in mind to bring a chainsaw.......it was a pretty big insult to the community......why they dont just said " NO", because there is no chainsaw.....i cant u desrtand it.........WHERE IS A CHAINSAW?? Or a GOLFCLUB?? Or othere 1000 of different and great weapon varitys???!!!!....they only bring 1000 times the same weapon with just another colour and name!!!!!

And with their new absolute expensiv chupacabra DLC they done the same...old allready excisting weapons with another colour and want it for 3 €...........is techland to lazy to produce NEW weapons for the game??.....

for me they still done not very much for the community.......1 YEAR after bug reports they started to fix those things and called it the " ENHANCED EDITION"......and thought they where heros...........the following is awesome.....but techlands development not that great.....3 month after it we got now 1 new patch....but still much bugs in there.....well, lets see how they hold their "1 year new DLCs and patches " promise......

but still a great game.....we need more exotic NEW weapons, zombies , parcour moves

I got excited when I heard about the event, but then saw the reward and "pfft!"  Didn't play at all, all weekend.

You want people to play?  Like those above have said, make unique weapons that only those who participated can use.  I'd have waded through 100 volatiles for a chainsaw.  Other ideas include a larger backpack, weapons mods like faster cyclical rates, heavy weapons like a 50 cal (though I don't know you need one with that golden shotgun), night vision goggles, working binoculars, scoped rifles, silencers, phosphorous grenades, upgraded car traps, etc.

But more importantly than any upgraded weapons: more campaigns.  How hard would it be to create more campaigns in the maps we have now?  Not bounties or challenges, but places to explore and things to find, people to save or help.  I haven't played with the developer tools much, but if anyone could go in and make a mini campaign that would be cool.  Then the developers could vet it and make a weekend challenge of it.

Just a thought.

Maybe some blueprints would be awesome like lvl4 toxic or new weapon like Lightsaber (make it so you can't throw it, only stash, dismantle or sell for lot of money) from star wars.

Level 4 toxic is in the game files and it can be modded to exist, I don't see why techland wouldn't add it.

Techland has more fun playing with their CARRERA CARS in techlands headquarter, then care for the community......(most pictures they posting on twitte ris playing with things and chilling around thne working)........

i also wonder what happens to patches??!! This chupacabra starts again!!......after the following released, they promised to support the game till end of the year with PATCHES and DLCs....but for now 4 mo th later nothing happened with patches........

They will wait till the last day of their year promise and then they bring up a new patch with tons of useless stuff and do like " LOOK, ITS A ULTIMATE BIG PATCH WITH CHANGES NO ONE EVER CARED FOR!"......and then "puff" dying light 2 releases......

techland knows best, how to hide their uninterest for the community........

i mjst say after Dead island definitive, i play dying light much fewer then before........dead island riptide has so much better weapons and other stuff.....the looting for weapons in dead island is so wonderfull and making addicted for it.......for me dead island with the absolute great realism killing physic and maybe parkour from dying light would make dead island imortal.......but ok in dead island i didnt miss parkour at all........

DYING LIGHT IS ABSOLUTE NOT SCARY OR SOMETHING ELSE.......the nights are just not creepy.....dying light looks like a comedy game....i laugh more then beeing affraid....killing s0zombies is to funny there......but at dead island there i still hate itto go into some areas....because they are creepy.....

FOR ME, THE BEST THING TECHLAND COULD DO, WOULD BE TO BRING BACK THE GLOWING EYES OF THE ZOMBIES...at night time i would piss my pants when i see those creepy 2 white glowing eyes in the dark nights of harran.........dude...the previous gamplay trailers had a better and more "horror" genre game then the released one........why??????