Wiggelz

Things You May Not Know About The Night Hunter

I'm starting this thread to help out all those NH out there and to really get a list of attributes of the night hunter. That being said, if you're here to complain about balance issues or anything like that, please find one of the 400 other posts reguarding that. I'm going to list a couple things some Pro-hunters might not even know. Please add and share what you know if something is wrong or not listed. Happy Hunting!

- Tendril Sprint: holding the sprint button while tendriling to the ground without letting go will transfer you into a very fast run. (if the angle to ground is greater that 45 degrees you will sprint normal speed.)

- Spit Smash will double the duration of UV and Horde spit and will increase the diameter of toxic spit.

- UV heal can be used to clip the missed ground pound penalty. It can keep you in place longer if already low health but can allow you to take a hit and jump/tendril away.

- Survivors take 30% less damage while knocked to the ground.

- When a survivor is hit with ground pound the camera will face thier direction. A quick NON-charged spit will stick or land really close to them allowing for a tackle attempt for a spit hit.

- Safe Zone UV will not interrupt pounce with UV Block. Hit a SZ camper with UV spit, hit UV block and pounce. This will result in a death but the pounce will finish even at 0 health. Leapfrog can also be accomplished. If the survivor uses a UV flashlight though you will miss the pounce and die in fire... so hit them with UV spit or be sure they're AFK.

- Tendril Locamotion can be clipped with claw allowing you to use tendril again quicker. Useful for circling or escaping.

- Survivors can camp in water to avoid spits you worked so hard to get. They are able to jump from the water to use grappling hook. During this brief window they become pouncable.

- Ground Pound can be reset by using a door. Great for getting in a room with xampers behind a door. Run in, spit smash toxic spit in room and GP spam door.

- Counter Tackle: when a survivor dodges a tackle or interrupts a pounce you go flying past them. Most will chase you to get in an attack. Holding the sprint button while flying past the survivor will keep you in sprint mode, quickly turning and hitting tackle will punish the human. This is great cause they will not be expecting it. This same method can be used on successful tackles to chain them together but require percision. After hitting a tackle you need to tendril to side or behind target, turn and tackle.

This is the list so far and I will keep adding to it as you fellow hunters give me more and I test it. I will also be adding a short video demo of each ability we go over to give a better understanding.

Look forward to hearing from you guys. Mr Wiggelz out!

Edited by Wiggelz

Most of it are known to me except uv heal (playing mostly as mutation 0) and tendrill clip. you can cancel GP by opening doors (i already see horde of complainers about NHs spamming with door cancel :) )

Deadly Tackle Burst - if conditions are met you can peform series of tackles really hard to dodge. You require flat surface and enough room to execute this move. If you tackle your opponent, you can do a fast tendrill behind opponent, fast turn and tackle (tandrills have to be transfered into speed of course). You have to aim with tendrills quite accurately right behind survivor or very close to him, have to be fast or survivor will be able to stand up and turn around. To be honest, you have to be be behind him at the end of his standing animation so he have very small amount of time to turn around. It's easy to chupacabra up like being to late or tandrilling to far away..

EDIT. WOW, the censoring here is really up to the task here. This forum transformed word "s.c.r.e.w." into chupacabra. Is this word a curse or something or am i not keeping up with the flow of time? Probably someone could think that i used really mean word like f..k or worse.

Edited by sanjyuubi

If the a survivor is on land and a Night hunter is in water, if he tendrils the ability to pounce will show up and there is NO way to block this pounce.

I've at least pounced 2 survivors with this strategy.

Thanks for info, will be testing out some of these and recording short demos this week. I'd also like to add some of the combos that the NH can do that are effective and some techniques used against certain scenarios. An example would be:

UV Block > UV Supp Spit Smash > Pounce/Leapfrog

Good stuff there, this one i cant get my head around tho:

- Tendril Locamotion can be clipped with claw allowing you to use tendril again quicker. Useful for circling or escaping.

I tried this and from what i can tell, as you need to hold tendril button anyways it seemed the same as just letting go of tendril button? Might be my button configuration and the fact i haven't played in a long while.

For the tendril clip you will hold your tendril button and then hit claw while stile holding the tendril button. As you stop tendril and you see the claw animation let go of both button and hit tebdril again.