Sign in to follow this  
Wiggelz

Ground Pound Beating Dropkick? Barely.....

So in this little video I tried to GP when I knew I was going to be dropkicked. You can see me swing the melee and start to fist motion downwards, with audio, and I still get dropkicked. This is the only chance we have to counter DK and it's so hard and tine precise when a human can spam dodge to avoid all of our tackles and GP?????

Even though everyone claims a GP will beat a DK, the truth of the matter is you have to be a soothsayer to know if the player is going to move forward into GP range before you initiate it.  Of all of the encounters I've had I don't remember any time when a DK was initiated and I was able to GP him.  Tackle, yes.  GP, no. So, many times I've watched player start moving towards me and I immediately GP, but they always win.  Some will stand off just a little bit and feint towards me in an attempt to get me to GP.  But, by the time they stop I've had to make that decision to GP or not.  So, they feint a couple of times and then do it for real.  I always get DKed.  If they want to go toe-to-toe, and you can, go for the tackle.  Just watch for the spikes!

The solution is never be in that position as you will never win unless you get lucky.  I've taken to doing a lot of jumping and tendrilling around, dropping a spit at the appropriate times, and only aerial GPing when the player is not looking or is cornered.  I'll even mix that up with just landing, giving a swipe, and/or spit and getting out of there.  My swipe is my go-to attack right now.  The problem is with multiple players as  you have to stick around and give 3 extra swipes or use a toxic spit on the KOed human.  It's okay to leave the KOed human in place if you have the spits and UV block to fight the other player using the KOed human as bait. If you're out, though, it's a battle.

Yeah, and I figured the lagg thing was going to come up. But that's the thing. If lagg is like this, how can this be our means of countering DK and I agree with the tackle idea but it's hard to tackle good humans.

It's lag.

In a perfect lag free setting or an alternate universe where the night hunter was host this would work. Unfortunately this is the game we play.

Even though everyone claims a GP will beat a DK, the truth of the matter is you have to be a soothsayer to know if the player is going to move forward into GP range before you initiate it.  Of all of the encounters I've had I don't remember any time when a DK was initiated and I was able to GP him.  Tackle, yes.  GP, no. So, many times I've watched player start moving towards me and I immediately GP, but they always win.  Some will stand off just a little bit and feint towards me in an attempt to get me to GP.  But, by the time they stop I've had to make that decision to GP or not.  So, they feint a couple of times and then do it for real.  I always get DKed.  If they want to go toe-to-toe, and you can, go for the tackle.  Just watch for the spikes!

This is exactly it. If there were more of a penalty or commitment to dodging then you could play mind games in situations. As of now you're only at an advantage with a charged ground pound if there's no room for the survivor player to dodge.

Some of those missed GPs aren't lag.  That was simply failure in the game mechanics.  If a survivor is on a slightly different level or separated by an object in the software mind world of the game--which isn't the same as the real world it's trying to portray--then the GP doesn't work.  It seems to me the GP should affect humans the same as the GP by a goon or the rock throw of a demolisher.  A GP directly on a human should count as a hit, as well, just like a goon hitting you with his rebar.

Also, GP does not work at all in any water that is deep enough to swim in.  It simply is canceled--which is better than it counting as a miss in shallow water, I suppose.