Sign in to follow this  
MinogueMinion2

Awnswer Me This Techland Plz.

Why are the night hunters ground pound buffed? it now inspiring new spammer and it's just getting annoying. at first it was meant to get the humans off of you. I mean have spamming just lower the damage or put a limiter on it. I'm not kidding at all there is NO apex predators that don't spam besides me and my friend and it's just soooo annoying because I want a real match with out a ground pounding chupacabra, but in all seriousness it does 55 damage that's unfair when new players play because the get 2 shoted.

Not many people can GP spam and most of the time it's death to the NH. A human can swing 3 times before we can get 2 ground pounds in and most humans will simply dodge backwards and punish hunter when they miss.

You need to remember that pounce is interruptable.... let alone has to be 100% and tackle is dodgable. Against really good humans they will rarely get hit by these so that leaves 2 attacks. Claw a ground pound. Claw does 40 damage and humans have up to 275 health now so going toe-to-toe is a death wish. I'm not saying spam but I will GP twice sometimes cause it helps get survivor friends away while I focus one.

then why do me AND my friends always take 55 damage. we also play on new characters with no skill points on the skill trees what so ever (not counting the dodge in the agility tree) because most hunters are idiots but when we meet a spammer there is no chance because we get hit it a ground pound twice. and my main issue is not the ground pound it's self it's the fact that you let night hunters spam humans with it until they die and with the new 15 seconds until humans bleed to death it's quite hard just to attempt not losing a live because the hunter can slap the player while being revived

Edited by MinogueMinion2

that confirm my guess then, that you still need the same amount of hit to kill survivor regardless of legendary level,

but what if say the survivor is maxed legends with 275 health points, GP does 55 damage if you said that you need 5 hits to kill,

then what if in the 4th hit, the survivor regenerate (not heal) so they have above 55 health points (95 health point in max legend), does the 5th hit will still kill them or it will only reduce 55 points?

Jcks is right, Groundpounds were not buffed. They always take 5 hits to kill.  Just like melee attacks always take 5 hits to kill (from full health).  The survivors max health has no relevance whatsoever.

you take 55 damage if you health points is maxed, 40 damage if you health point is 200

then why do me AND my friends always take 55 damage. we also play on new characters with no skill points on the skill trees what so ever (not counting the dodge in the agility tree) because most hunters are idiots but when we meet a spammer there is no chance because we get hit it a ground pound twice. and my main issue is not the ground pound it's self it's the fact that you let night hunters spam humans with it until they die and with the new 15 seconds until humans bleed to death it's quite hard just to attempt not losing a live because the hunter can slap the player while being revived

The hunter taking 2-3 hits to kill is still a balance. You can leapfrog an entire team or hit them all with horde spit. We have the potential to wipe a team instantly.

People say playing survivor is easy mode.... I must suck then cause I can wreck as a NH but I fumble when switching between flares, uv light and grappling hook and forget to remember to watch the hunter to dodge tackles and pounces from off angles. I'm a brand new survivor getting paired with skilled hunters so that doesn't help but it gets frustrating.

yeah i also don't understand why some people are saying survivor doesn't need skill, survivor need to learn inventory management as the equipment slot is only 4 so you cant quickly use example clock potion / shield / bomb when your equipment slot is filled with, uv light, grapple hook, flare, night hunter potion, they also need like just you said to learn how to quickly switch between weapon and equipment, they also must decide if they should dodge/hit the hunter, run after the hunter/hit the nest, and many more

The hunter taking 2-3 hits to kill is still a balance. You can leapfrog an entire team or hit them all with horde spit. We have the potential to wipe a team instantly.

People say playing survivor is easy mode.... I must suck then cause I can wreck as a NH but I fumble when switching between flares, uv light and grappling hook and forget to remember to watch the hunter to dodge tackles and pounces from off angles. I'm a brand new survivor getting paired with skilled hunters so that doesn't help but it gets frustrating.

Although these things make a human hard to play, you can be unbeatable once you do. I've pretty much decided that I have to quit playing NH cause people spamming dodge is just getting rediculous. If the counted how many times a player used dodge in a match it would be near 500.

"Leapfrog" -> Pounce Slam&Tackle shockwave is blockable.:)

Regardless if a Night Hunter can wipe out an entire team, you are not comparing apples to apples. If it was actually balanced, then the Night Hunter would die in five hits just like the Human. Having the Hunter die in less time than the Human is imbalanced. 

Edited by A. Ryan

Each side has it's utilities to kill the other. We may die in 3 hit but xan regen to full whereas a survivor has to use a medkit. They also have to deal with tge NPC zombies which can be troublesome to new players. I definitely think the mode is unbalanced but not for this reason. Big flaws I have are this:

- humans can dodge with no end, can still dodge a tackle even in mid dodge since you're already spamming jump button.

- with the amount humans dodge and the distance they can dodge I find the GP penalty harsh.

- humans can drink a duped cloak potion to nullify a horde spit that was so hard to work for. As if keeping them off buildings wasn't enough trouble. A good survivor will dodge off a roof and grapple back to punish the NH GP penalty. And tackles and pounces will be dodged then possible DFA.

These are a few that annoy me but I've been trying to figure out ways around this.

Each side has it's utilities to kill the other. We may die in 3 hit but xan regen to full whereas a survivor has to use a medkit. They also have to deal with tge NPC zombies which can be troublesome to new players. I definitely think the mode is unbalanced but not for this reason. Big flaws I have are this:

- humans can dodge with no end, can still dodge a tackle even in mid dodge since you're already spamming jump button.

- with the amount humans dodge and the distance they can dodge I find the GP penalty harsh.

- humans can drink a duped cloak potion to nullify a horde spit that was so hard to work for. As if keeping them off buildings wasn't enough trouble. A good survivor will dodge off a roof and grapple back to punish the NH GP penalty. And tackles and pounces will be dodged then possible DFA.

These are a few that annoy me but I've been trying to figure out ways around this.

I agree with all of your points. Especially, the first point regarding mid-air tackle evasions since the devs claim this is not possible, but we still see it time and time again. Considering we see it so frequently, it cannot be explained away by lag or latency.

I think you either have problems with reading or counting or both! It's such a drag to explain to you after Pete said that max health doesn't matter. Night Hunter damage is counted in %, so GP takes always 20% of your max HP.

Watch the magic - 5 x 55 = 275   WOW, the numbers don't lie.

Sorry, but the only survivors that allowing me to GP them to death are completly noobs. I'll be drained of stamina before i kill somebody with GP and there is always small time gap before GP will charge so you can even hit NH with axe same time as NH hits ground leaving him with 30 HP left.

Playing against good team of 2 people is already challenging and 4 of them makes you work really hard to earn a single kill since you'll be DFA'ed very soon if you focus on one survivor.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Jcks is right, Groundpounds were not buffed. They always take 5 hits to kill.  Just like melee attacks always take 5 hits to kill (from full health).  The survivors max health has no relevance whatsoever.

Pete, thanks for clarifying, but has Claw Melee always been 5 hits to kill? I always thought it was 6, and in a recent match I had the rare opportunity to swipe a guy 6 times in a row before he finally fell.

I'm linking below - It begins around 15:50, the link should bring you to that exact time. I swipe 7 times, but miss one of them, and on the 6th hit he finally goes down.

https://youtu.be/1qlFispZdgc?t=15m50s

Please ignore my weird commentary. :ph34r:

Edited by DoctorPurrington

Humans are still bitching about ground pounding. It's so pathetic. Landing consistent ground pounds takes skill, and a miss is punishable. Crying about ground pounding in Dying Light is like crying about bullets in Call of Duty. "Stop spamming bullets". See how stupid you sound?

Go up against a fairly adept human. Landing a straight pounce is impossible 99% of the time. You use spits but guess what, they run out. Then what? Just turn off my controller and let you win right? No. Ground pound you once then retreat? What so you can heal then move along? No. Especially since most humans are still playing on normal spamming medkits. I literally landing 17 consecutive ground pounds one time while these normal scrubs were consistently healing in between and finally killed me.

The Night Hunter is a close range combatant. Meaning he has to get close and attack. With claws and ground pounds they have to land consistently to avoid letting the human heal in between, especially when against a normal scrub. There are ways to counter a skilled NH consistent with his GP. An even more skilled NH has ways to mix it up and keep going for a swinging or healing human.

Be the Zombie mode is very well balanced now. Take away instant healing for normal noobs and nuke the retarded handicap system, this mode will be near perfect. So except that it's your lack of skill. Get better and preferably don't fight the Night Hunter alone.

Edited by jonnyallen3

The ground pond spam whining isn't something special these days, we had GP spam, we had tackle spam and now i'll introduce you to a new level of ""pathology"".

You have got to be kidding me lmao. This is what's wrong with these forums. People come just to bìtch probably because they got owned, instead of talking about the real issues. Like the handicap system and normal mode medkits spamming.

Edited by jonnyallen3