Dyingshadow

People Still Saying Night Hunter Needs To Be Buffed.

Sometimes something needs to be more broken before it can be fixed. So perhaps we could buff the absolute hell out of the night hunter and have him nerfed slowly but fairly? Just spit balling here. I personally think starting from the bottom to the top of a "balanced night hunter" will take a while.

To balance this out is to simply remove Survival Sense. But not entirely of course, when the Night Hunter Howls, the humans will get an arrow on their screen telling them where the sound came from for 3 seconds.

This way, the NH's have the advantage of speed and stealth, and humans have the advantage of numbers and resources. 

Now that's really balanced.

To balance this out is to simply remove Survival Sense. But not entirely of course, when the Night Hunter Howls, the humans will get an arrow on their screen telling them where the sound came from for 3 seconds.

This way, the NH's have the advantage of speed and stealth, and humans have the advantage of numbers and resources. 

That's not a balance. Try to fight 4 survivors that are constantly under a camouflage so you will feel how your balance would work for the other side. Some people can counter sense suppression if they use headphones or proper 3D sound set, but not everybody is using them. Even if you remove your survivor sense, you might find it useless if you'll get paired with players that can hear your position out.

I'm 99% NH player and i don't like only few minor things, toxic is one of those, NH can walk on toxic wastes without harm, but toxic arrows make him toxicated, that doesn't make any sense and you need much more time to heal in this state even when crouching.

On the other side i don't know why survivors have nerfed hookshots, this approach forces them to use modded gold hookshot. I myself doesn't even accept it as fun when survivor died because he went into hookshot cooldown mode. Also, when tackle is succesfull, humans got knocked down but it doesn't made sense either, i expected something like pushing humans away similar to GP but it surpassed my wildest expectations.

NH isn't that weak as before. If you are losing, then you should be happy, people who are winning are often accused  of cheating and spamming (you tackle too much, you GP too much, visceral doesn't play like this, learn to play, that's pathetic, that's cheap etc.), that makes fun really dull. sometimes i'm just thinking why that chat can't be disabled.

Edited by sanjyuubi

Enemies should never have chit chat with each other. Having the survivor/night hunter bad mouth you really throws you off your game or just makes some people upset to the point where they don't wanna play. Should add an option to hide chat or remove chat all together.

NH isn't that weak as before. If you are losing, then you should be happy, people who are winning are often accused  of cheating and spamming (you tackle too much, you GP too much, visceral doesn't play like this, learn to play, that's pathetic, that's cheap etc.), that makes fun really dull. sometimes i'm just thinking why that chat can't be disabled.

Another discussion people are often faced with when winning, is that the other side wants to suddenly debate "balance". The motivation to have this debate seems to run highest when they are spawning somewhere after a death. :lol:

Only thing I can contribute here, is that if the game is fun to somebody despite the frequent abuse in the chat, playing with friends or teaming up with folks helps. I know it's a luxury that's hard to afford, but with buddies the game is more fun. Had a hunter the other day with nothing but insults, and when we confronted him about why he felt the need to do that or why he would try to engage us in chats only to pounce us, he answered that he was role-playing the zombie. :D

For this reason the hunter is at a disadvantage: can't hook up with buddies. Unfortunately, today a game world without locker room talk is hard to imagine. It is apparently too hard to greet opposing players, wish them fun and good luck (I had another social virtuoso reply "that's what everybody says" the other day), and treat them as persons the way we'd carry ourselves in some public space. And game makers have little regard for the problem because as long as the numbers are good, why would they change the formula? If people see the game as an outlet for their negativity things become sad, which obliterates any possible fun. 

I see many hunters invading less groups they don't know and joining only certain groups they know. Same for me, and even though this looks kinda bleak, finding the right folks for your kind of playing style, that share language, tastes (role-play or whatever), permissible handicaps, notions of fairness, etc. is sometimes possible. But it can be tougher for hunter players, which is part of why two or a small number of cooperating hunters makes sense. 

Same for me, and even though this looks kinda bleak, finding the right folks for your kind of playing style, that share language, tastes (role-play or whatever), permissible handicaps, notions of fairness, etc. is sometimes possible. But it can be tougher for hunter players, which is part of why two or a small number of cooperating hunters makes sense. 

I prefer to play with people who can handle me without bad mouthing, but that's just a wish. I was lectured yesterday that i tackle too much and that's cheap (2 USes, they won in the end with 1 life, but still felt the urge to lecture me) other time i was lectured that 5 year old kid can jump and tackle like me and winning matches (rly?).

Disable survival sense? are you crazy? Disabling survival sense, the night hunter will be more OP.

Night hunter has great moves and agility.. and you can imagine human without sense on the dark?

I think the good solution is disable their potions.

Example: Hunter potion, Resistence potion, Agility potion and anothers. These potions give a survivor some power.

And with 4x1 is so unfair game with all survivors using potions and flares.

Edited by danilomv2

Agreed, certainly the best balance!

Disable survival sense? are you crazy? Disabling survival sense, the night hunter will be more OP.

Night hunter has great moves and agility.. and you can imagine human without sense on the dark?

I think the good solution is disable their potions.

Example: Hunter potion, Resistence potion, Agility potion and anothers. These potions give a survivor some power.

And with 4x1 is so unfair game with all survivors using potions and flares.

"Night hunter has great moves and agility.. " Lol are you serious? You call 4 very hard to hit spits and 2 melee moves where failing one is basically killing yourself, and 1 move where you can only use it when you are either LUCKY or the survivor is an absolute newb, because it takes a new level of bad to succumb to that, you call that 'great moves and agility'? Let me ask you, have you EVER played the Night Hunter, OR played against some 'skilled' survivors?

dont agree with your thread, but i agree with this one, sometime just want to turn off chat when playing against unknown players where they keep saying bad thing

Enemies should never have chit chat with each other. Having the survivor/night hunter bad mouth you really throws you off your game or just makes some people upset to the point where they don't wanna play. Should add an option to hide chat or remove chat all together.

dont agree with your thread, but i agree with this one, sometime just want to turn off chat when playing against unknown players where they keep saying bad thing

People take themselves and game too seriously. Then indeed, chat can turn abusive.

But the prospect of playing completely faceless types on line, with no ability to interact or joke with friends, or no way to get to know people is somehow even more sad, given all the lonely folks out there.

Also, when there is some lag or problem with the technical side, e.g. the other day a hunter was stuck in a wall at the slums, there would be no way to communicate what is wrong. We used the chat to find out what he had in front of him on screen, then we got closer to the spot and part of the hunters foot emerged and we could kill him and continue to enjoy the game.

Really like the idea of NH being spotted on the minimal when roaring.

Also people do know the NH HAS to roar right?

After 10 seconds of not roaring survivors won't be highlighted anymore.

So technically it's like survivor sense every 10 seconds.

Well glad i had at least one decent idea. I mean who's ever heard of a talking zombie!? ...Don't look into that by the way.