Okay, this is my first post on Techland forums, and I know there has been a quadrillion posts before me regarding the balance issue, but I think the problem hasn't been taken seriously at all. The human is still incredibly overpowered, because the skill ratio you need to win as the Night Hunter is 2:1.

Yes, double the skill as humans just to win. Therefore I made an account in Techland forums, because I really enjoy this game and BTZ is also really awesome, but I just think everything would tense up for the humans and stuff would become more fun for everyone.

I'm going to copy and paste my own thread from the Steam discussions, so if you've read it before, you will know where it came from.

(start of post)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------(start of post)

Balance "Be the Zombie" mode!
There are so many balance issues with this mode, and I'll list each one of them.

I've faced lots of scenarios and played lots of matches as the Night Hunter as well as the survivor. I'll explain the issues.

Typical scenario: The survivor in the 1 v 1 knows everything of the game (extremely skilled) so knows how to counter every one of my moves. I do the random-locomotion tactic to tackle him, but he dodges that every single time, because all he simply has to do is press W + S / A / D and he can dodge every single move except the pounce, which he can counter simply by pressing the UV Light button. I try to groundpound him, which looks 99% safe to do, but he dodges it at the last moment and I get killed because the Night Hunter gets punished that hard for such a small failure. THREE SECOND ANIMATION FOR A SILLY ATTACK THAT ONLY TAKES LIKE 1/5TH OF A HUMAN'S LIFE??? SERIOUSLY???

Oh and what about 'accidentally' fighting a bunch of 12 year old survivors on the streets in a 3 v 1 where one manages to semi-teleport to a roof to jump off it without suffering any kind of fall damage so he can magically magnetically stick to my body where he will proceed to hit me in the head, a move called 'Rain Death From Above'? Wasn't I SUPPOSED to fight those peasants? Yes I could have gotten to a higher place, BUT FOR WHAT? To stand there and watch them destroy my nests?

Since we are at the combat issues anyways, the hunter is supposed to be a STEALTH CHARACTER! What is this 'stealth character' able to do? Run / Tendril to a group of survivors so they can instantly turn their heads towards you, because they can spam their ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥t survivor sense AT A STEALTH CHARACTER. Makes sense?

If the hunter weren't a stealth character, he would have to be a 'power character' right? NOPE, WRONG! HA PRANK! He has SPITS which he HAS TO ACTUALLY STICK TO A HUMAN IN ORDER TO ACTUALLY WORK, BECAUSE 99.99% OF THE TIME THE PLAYER YOU ARE FACING IS ANY WACKO-IN-THE-HEAD AVERAGE PEASANT WHO KNOWS HOW TO PRESS W + S / A / D! In short, if you CAN'T STICK A SPIT, you've basically completely wasted it.

Supposed solution? Spit slam. NOPE, nice prank again Techland! TWO SPITS WHICH WORKS EXACTLY IN THE WAY LIKE ONE, ONLY IN THE FORM OF A GROUNDPOUND, WHICH WILL RESULT IN YOUR DEATH ANYWAY IN EVERY MATCH AGAINST AVERAGE PEASANTS, BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW 'DODGE' WORKS. AND IN A 1 V 1 IT WILL TAKE F-O-R-E-V-E-R TO CHARGE UP 2 SPITS, because you are absolutely obliged to use one in the meantime, because otherwise you will be standing on a roof watching your nests get destroyed.

Dropkick! The unavoidable, magnetic kick which you WILL die from if you happen to be infront of a bunch of spikes! But YOUR boy called tackle? ALWAYS DODGEABLE, SAME DAMAGE AS THE DROPKICK!

Ha, if this weren't enough, we move on to the UV lights! An insane 50-feet light which has a battery 5x as big as the hunter's stamina bar! To close the distance and kill your foe, you are once again OBLIGED to face the UV flashlight! You have a set-timer in which period you'd either have to kill your foe OR FLEE! Because once you're out of stamina, you are a defenseless hopping bunny with nothing but a groundpound and your set of chihuahua claws. Oh and when you've temporarily transformed into the hopping bunny, the survivor can just rain crossbow bolts on you, which is the only balanced weapon in the game, despite it's very high damage, because you'd have to actually be good at aiming to make it useful. Your only chance out of this scenario is by using your precious UV shield! Which is very precious indeed, because of it's incredible cooldown! And UV heal, YOU HAVE TO ESCAPE THE SCENE USING A UV SHIELD, TO BE ABLE TO USE YOUR SPARE UV SHIELD TO HEAL YOURSELF SO YOU GET BACK INTO THE FIGHT WITHOUT UV SHIELDS?

And I haven't even talked about the insta-heal problem yet! In normal-mode, when you've finally managed to get a survivor to low health, all he has to do is press H to heal himself to full HP. So he basically pressed a reset button on your progress. Seriously, pressing H was ALL IT TOOK!

Dear reader / techland developer I hope the imbalance is VERY CLEAR, and I only need 1 issue to be fixed and that is that the night hunter A.K.A. the STEALTH hunter, ACTUALLY HAS TO HAVE STEALTH FEATURES! In otherwords: add permanent camouflage, while the survivor sense should be able to create an arrow of the direction of the night hunter SO ACTUAL TEAMWORK / YOUR OWN SENSES ARE ACTUALLY USED! Since you can hear the night hunter from a mile away anyways: his breathing, heavy footsteps, tendril locomotion, etc etc etc. I'd be really thankful if this were to be added, as the rest of the issues don't matter that much to me compared to this major issue.

If this were to be added, then I'm pretty sure the tense in the survivors would improve a whole lot and it would make the game actually fun instead of "A hunter joined? Alright let's do this boys.". It would change it into: "♥♥♥♥ GUYS A HUNTER JOINED! WHAT DO WE DO?".

I certainly hope you agree.

TL;DR:
I only want permanent camouflage added AS AN ABSOLUTE MUST! while the survivor sense should point the direction of the Night Hunter, with a cooldown, and I, and the rest of the night hunters will be eternally grateful already, since the rest of the issues aren't mandatory and if every one of my issues gets fixed then the NH will become extremely overpowered.

Thanks alot if you've read all the way through, I know I've been on a massive rant, but I hope you understand my serious frustration, and if you are another Night Hunter player like me and facing the same issues, please post something too and if you happen to be a Techland Developer, I'd be really really really thankful if this were to be fixed.

(end of post) -------------------------------------------------------------------- (end of post)

Before you tell me to get good, I've played countless hours of Dying Light and have played the game since a half year after it's launch.

********************************MUST READ NOTE****************************************

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT EXPECT a friendly reaction if you disagree with me using arguments with NO logical and / or no experience basis. Expect some serious insults, because the last thing I want is that this issue is going to be taken like a joke. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

***********************************************************************************************

I've seen slight improvements in the BTZ balance, but it hasn't been nearly enough. Here is a link to the unbalance demonstration:

So for the players' fun sake, please take this issue seriously! Edited by Oceanian

LOL DUDE!!! I MADE THIS POST A LONG TIME AGO!! YOU'RE BASICALLY REITERATING EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!! LOL!!

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11207-dying-light-pvp-needs-a-serious-fix/

And Techland(pete) themselves answered to my post above

They pretty much responded with Get better and get more skilled and you won't die. And other members said Get better noobs and you won't die. Stop complaining and get better And both sides are COMPLETELY missing the point that It's not about getting better, it's about MAKING THE NH WHAT HE WAS CLAIMED TO BE AND WHAT HE IS MADE TO BE!! A STEALTH CHARACTER!

XD I WAS TALKIN ABOUT THE STEALTH THING AND EVERYTHING!! AND HOW THIS "horror" MODE IS JUST AN UNBALANCED TDM!! XD

It's just crazy how you almost LITERALLY restated everything I said

Edited by RaceyStorm3124

LOL DUDE!!! I MADE THIS POST A LONG TIME AGO!! YOU'RE BASICALLY REITERATING EXACTLY WHAT I SAID!! LOL!!

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/11207-dying-light-pvp-needs-a-serious-fix/

And Techland(pete) themselves answered to my post above

They pretty much responded with Get better and get more skilled and you won't die. And other members said Get better noobs and you won't die. Stop complaining and get better And both sides are COMPLETELY missing the point that It's not about getting better, it's about MAKING THE NH WHAT HE WAS CLAIMED TO BE AND WHAT HE IS MADE TO BE!! A STEALTH CHARACTER!

XD I WAS TALKIN ABOUT THE STEALTH THING AND EVERYTHING!! AND HOW THIS "horror" MODE IS JUST AN UNBALANCED TDM!! XD

It's just crazy how you almost LITERALLY restated everything I said

Haha it's not that crazy if you realise the fact that every semi-experienced hunter is going to have experienced atleast one of these issues. I have read your post before, when I searched on the internet for other night hunters who were having trouble beating the humans, so I definitely feel you man. The people telling you to 'git gud' are the humans who spam dodge and flare, have never played the NH before, and proceed to tell you that you lack skill. The worst thing is that even some techland guys say that, like in your case. Definitely sums it all up. I really don't understand why they 'tried' to make a stealth character, but removed the stealth aspect? That's like buying a kevlar vest where the kevlar has been removed lol

Edited by Oceanian

Haha it's not that crazy if you realise the fact that every semi-experienced hunter is going to have experienced atleast one of these issues. I have read your post before, when I searched on the internet for other night hunters who were having trouble beating the humans, so I definitely feel you man. The people telling you to 'git gud' are the humans who spam dodge and flare, have never played the NH before, and proceed to tell you that you lack skill. The worst thing is that even some techland guys say that, like in your case. Definitely sums it all up. I really don't understand why they 'tried' to make a stealth character, but removed the stealth aspect? That's like buying a kevlar vest where the kevlar has been removed lol

Lol. Right. It's like Splinter Cell with battlefield like gameplay.

Do you guys lose most of your matches? Because it sounds like you never win... Especially asking for buffs even after Techland added some for the NH.

Step 1: Play Night Hunter against some skilled survivors.

Step 2: Proceed to tell me how stupid your words were.

Step 3: ??????

Step 4: Profit

Why people say "balance BTZ"? First FIX all (or some) major bugs/glitch in game, next think about balance.

Gosh you have no idea how important balancing BTZ is, and I don't even notice major bugs/glitches.

Well said Op and everyone affirming the obvious imbalancing of BtZ. Last year I posted a challenge to Techland Devs to post a video of a Dev playing as NH against inventory-loaded and skilled survivors to show us complaining n00bs how it's really played.... That never happened, they never posted anything, and I wasn't surprised.

First, Techland knows or should have known that when creating a competitive multiplayer game and one player (NH) has to be slowed down when attacking leaving NH open for attack by a disproportional number of opposing players, THAT YOU'RE DOING THIS WRONG. They had to know that the mode is intrinsically imbalanced when both the NH's pounce and tackle animations leaves NH to be attacked by opposing players when simply attempting the attack. What else is NH left to try next when its TWO spits have been exhausted?! Now (thanks to exploits) that most opposing survivors have weapons capable of tanking most, if not all, of NH's health with a single blow, the Devs should have known that the NH is doomed before the match even begins. No wonder this failed DLC is free. Since Dying Light was released, i naively believed that at the very least Techland had to see that the needless animations are part of the problem, along side a ballooning list of other imbalances. It's so bad that i suggested that TL simply axe BtZ for The Following's update but instead they brought this disaster of a mode back to The Following. I prayed that things would improve with the release of an "Enhanced" Edition/The Following.. but no. Only Kyle Crane got stronger and more agile. I was happy TL nerfed the shield exploit and other BtZ annoyances but that's about it.

EDIT: When survivors are near water (Old Town) I dont bother attempting to use my two lone spits, as survivors will simply wait out its effect camping in the water. Of course the NH cant attack survivors camped in water. BUT WITH ALL IMBALANCES SURVIVORS HAVE GOING FOR THEM... they still jump in water, and if you're LUCKY to hit multiple survivors with spit, a team of survivors still jump in the water :angry: :angry:  then they wonder why I Abort games

Since TL brought BtZ back for the Following, i was hoping they would at the very least add more NH mounting animations so that NH can climb on or mount ledges faster.. but no. NH ascends upon ledges of buildings like a 90 year man who thinks he can still climb mountains. Its just so pathetic.

Maybe, i prayed, add a variety of spits, something, anything new. But no.

It's disheartening because i think we all love the base game and that this mode has so much potential and they won't fix it as if, to TL, BtZ is not broken. A forum of fans being ignored. This game sold pretty well so Techland could hire help/testers but we're denied there too. I hope this ride is over

Edited by NullExoZombies

Well said Op and everyone affirming the obvious imbalancing of BtZ. Last year I posted a challenge to Techland Devs to post a video of a Dev playing as NH against inventory-loaded and skilled survivors to show us complaining n00bs how it's really played.... That never happened, they never posted anything, and I wasn't surprised.

First, Techland knows or should have known that when creating a competitive multiplayer game and one player (NH) has to be slowed down when attacking leaving NH open for attack by a disproportional number of opposing players, THAT YOU'RE DOING THIS WRONG. They had to know that the mode is intrinsically imbalanced when both the NH's pounce and tackle animations leaves NH to be attacked by opposing players when simply attempting the attack. What else is NH left to try next when its TWO spits have been exhausted?! Now (thanks to exploits) that most opposing survivors have weapons capable of tanking most, if not all, of NH's health with a single blow, the Devs should have known that the NH is doomed before the match even begins. No wonder this failed DLC is free. Since Dying Light was released, i naively believed that at the very least Techland had to see that the needless animations are part of the problem, along side a ballooning list of other imbalances. It's so bad that i suggested that TL simply axe BtZ for The Following's update but instead they brought this disaster of a mode back to The Following. I prayed that things would improve with the release of an "Enhanced" Edition/The Following.. but no. Only Kyle Crane got stronger and more agile. I was happy TL nerfed the shield exploit and other BtZ annoyances but that's about it.

EDIT: When survivors are near water (Old Town) I dont bother attempting to use my two lone spits, as survivors will simply wait out its effect camping in the water. Of course the NH cant attack survivors camped in water. BUT WITH ALL IMBALANCES SURVIVORS HAVE GOING FOR THEM... they still jump in water, and if you're LUCKY to hit multiple survivors with spit, a team of survivors still jump in the water :angry: :angry:  then they wonder why I Abort games

Since TL brought BtZ back for the Following, i was hoping they would at the very least add more NH mounting animations so that NH can climb on or mount ledges faster.. but no. NH ascends upon ledges of buildings like a 90 year man who thinks he can still climb mountains. Its just so pathetic.

Maybe, i prayed, add a variety of spits, something, anything new. But no.

It's disheartening because i think we all love the base game and that this mode has so much potential and they won't fix it as if, to TL, BtZ is not broken. A forum of fans being ignored. This game sold pretty well so Techland could hire help/testers but we're denied there too. I hope this ride is over

I couldn't have worded it better  :D this game mode had so much potential, but they threw all the power to the humans and didn't test anything on the Night Hunter side, and bam you get "Be the Zombie" mode.

Lol if you're so butthurt over the balancing of the game then maybe play another game? No point in getting salty over a game with issues that may not even be resolved.

You talk like the average christian talking about the evolution theory lol. It doesn't matter about me getting salty or getting butthurt or not, it matters that a good gamemode has so much potential but fails to succeed in being a good gamemode, simply because of some lazy developers. I like the base-game and all, and that's why this is such a shame. 

Lol if you're so butthurt over the balancing of the game then maybe play another game? No point in getting salty over a game with issues that may not even be resolved.

Besides, if you're NOT butthurt, then why not post a video of yourself playing against some humans? I'd like to see how well you fare against flare and dodge spammers.

I couldn't have worded it better :D this game mode had so much potential, but they threw all the power to the humans and didn't test anything on the Night Hunter side, and bam you get "Be the Zombie" mode.

You talk like the average christian talking about the evolution theory lol. It doesn't matter about me getting salty or getting butthurt or not, it matters that a good gamemode has so much potential but fails to succeed in being a good gamemode, simply because of some lazy developers. I like the base-game and all, and that's why this is such a shame.

Besides, if you're NOT butthurt, then why not post a video of yourself playing against some humans? I'd like to see how well you fare against flare and dodge spammers.

Not sure how I'm the one butthurt here...

I'll gladly record my gameplay for you, just so I can show you how childish you sound. Obviously you should spend less time complaining and more time getting better at the game if you feel the need to keep playing. Have you tried Left 4 Dead?

Not sure how I'm the one butthurt here...

I'll gladly record my gameplay for you, just so I can show you how childish you sound. Obviously you should spend less time complaining and more time getting better at the game if you feel the need to keep playing. Have you tried Left 4 Dead?

I've played alot of L4D, and I felt the need to complain because the rest of the game is so awesome and I wanted this mode to be like that too. I'm waiting for a fix before I 'git gud'.

What balancing are you talking about?

And calling us salty because we are complaining over legitimate issues, Says Enough about who you are really...

What exactly are the "issues" you're having? I'm willing to bet you're one of those type of people to abort when you're losing.

What exactly are the "issues" you're having? I'm willing to bet you're one of those type of people to abort when you're losing.

Dear PaperPuppy, the things that Oceanian point out are very well reasoned arguments that he is basing on things that are a big problem in the game. Just because you face lvl 2 opponents doesn't mean you are good. Tbh you sound quite chupacabra when you point these things out, probably because you are an ignorant internet troll. But still, the fact that people in 4 can just throw flares everywhere around them with a cooldown of 10 seconds is just shittery. The  NH is going suicidal if it tries to jump down and there and make a pathetic tackle and either miss it and die, or drag 1/3 of a survivors health which he can regen within 10 secs. And to not even think of the groundpound that if it misses, will just result in death. Stop trolling around and accusing people for being butthurt when you are the dumbass.

Now where's your video at? Everyone who complains that I complain too much hasn't even posted a video I was asking for.

Nice video. First let me point out the lag kill at 5:00 where you are way out of the survivor's reach and the game hoses you saying he hit you with a 2H swing. This is one of the symptoms of the cause in that essentially I can only assume the human is the host and therefore his pov trumps all other perspectives in the game. It looks like you have an A+ melee game but you often slam when you shouldn't because it's not a sure thing. Also you don't tackle for the first 5 minutes of the game and you never go for the tackle when a survivor is standing in the flare.  Swinging into the tackle is a great move and you don't ever do that from what I saw. You do quite a bit of tackling later but I saw a couple of places where you did something else when you should have tackled.

Pretty Much BTZ is never going to be balanced. Why is that? The zombie is a side game and the human is the main game. I could probably stop there but where are there no legendary hunter levels? PVP would be remotely fair if survivors did not have: infinite run/combat stamina/unlimited duped inventories. Healing for the player should be like nightmare mode were they have to heal over time and any damage should interrupt the heal effect (read as wasted). Moreover why don't weapons break in PVP? You can kill the zombie in 3 hits so why don't weapons need repairs in that mode after about 20 swings (not hits...swings). The reason why is because the human is supposed to win.

BTZ will always be unbalanced as long as dodge spam and item spam are a thing. Fix everything else and these two factors will still make it easy for the survivor to win.

"Well said Op and everyone affirming the obvious imbalancing of BtZ. Last year I posted a challenge to Techland Devs to post a video of a Dev playing as NH against inventory-loaded and skilled survivors to show us complaining n00bs how it's really played.... That never happened, they never posted anything, and I wasn't surprised."

You should be careful about statements like that because forum mods don't usually take kindly to that type of challenge. Even though you've probably done nothing wrong it can raise a lot of ire. In my experience 99% of devs are never as good as random people who play their games. The 1% that are better are usually only better because they have inside information about mechanics that are not released to the public. In a sense gives those devs a HUGE unfair advantage making them play far beyond their capabilities.

As for spits in old town, I found a few places where the horde literally cannot path to the survivor as they explode before impact. The devs said it looked like the mob was running to the player (player had spit stuck on him and no zombies ever appeared before him) and completely ignored the issue. After that I stopped trying and I've pretty much given up on PVP.

Edited by Glythe

I see so many arguements for balancing and if you ask me.... there really isn't much sway to one side. I could say it's messed up and list things that I want changed out of opinion but fact is... humans figure out an easy technique, we NH figure out a counter technique.

For everything in the video there is the human error of the player, aside from seldom lag spikes that can affect both sides. The game is good and should remain this way with a few minor tweeks. I would like to see NH legend levels just cause I'd love some cool new things but more than willing to show a method to combat any issue you may have against 'spamming' survivors.

Nice video. First let me point out the lag kill at 5:00 where you are way out of the survivor's reach and the game hoses you saying he hit you with a 2H swing. This is one of the symptoms of the cause in that essentially I can only assume the human is the host and therefore his pov trumps all other perspectives in the game. It looks like you have an A+ melee game but you often slam when you shouldn't because it's not a sure thing. Also you don't tackle for the first 5 minutes of the game and you never go for the tackle when a survivor is standing in the flare.  Swinging into the tackle is a great move and you don't ever do that from what I saw. You do quite a bit of tackling later but I saw a couple of places where you did something else when you should have tackled.

Pretty Much BTZ is never going to be balanced. Why is that? The zombie is a side game and the human is the main game. I could probably stop there but where are there no legendary hunter levels? PVP would be remotely fair if survivors did not have: infinite run/combat stamina/unlimited duped inventories. Healing for the player should be like nightmare mode were they have to heal over time and any damage should interrupt the heal effect (read as wasted). Moreover why don't weapons break in PVP? You can kill the zombie in 3 hits so why don't weapons need repairs in that mode after about 20 swings (not hits...swings). The reason why is because the human is supposed to win.

BTZ will always be unbalanced as long as dodge spam and item spam are a thing. Fix everything else and these two factors will still make it easy for the survivor to win.

"Well said Op and everyone affirming the obvious imbalancing of BtZ. Last year I posted a challenge to Techland Devs to post a video of a Dev playing as NH against inventory-loaded and skilled survivors to show us complaining n00bs how it's really played.... That never happened, they never posted anything, and I wasn't surprised."

You should be careful about statements like that because forum mods don't usually take kindly to that type of challenge. Even though you've probably done nothing wrong it can raise a lot of ire. In my experience 99% of devs are never as good as random people who play their games. The 1% that are better are usually only better because they have inside information about mechanics that are not released to the public. In a sense gives those devs a HUGE unfair advantage making them play far beyond their capabilities.

As for spits in old town, I found a few places where the horde literally cannot path to the survivor as they explode before impact. The devs said it looked like the mob was running to the player (player had spit stuck on him and no zombies ever appeared before him) and completely ignored the issue. After that I stopped trying and I've pretty much given up on PVP.

Well said!

About the tackling: I knew right from the start there was no point in tackling unless I was absolutely sure it would hit. The tackle can be dodged so easily, and can grant the survivors a way to kill me, therefore I tried to avoid it at most times.

I think you are right about the zombie being a side-game. Still, such a shame... They should change the flare countdown to 1 flare instead of 2, because in groups of 4, the survivors can throw EIGHT flares at the same time  :angry: . 

It's good to hear that you've stopped playing this stress-inducing game, for me it is not possible yet, because it is so addicting, yet so frustrating at the same time.

I see so many arguements for balancing and if you ask me.... there really isn't much sway to one side. I could say it's messed up and list things that I want changed out of opinion but fact is... humans figure out an easy technique, we NH figure out a counter technique.

For everything in the video there is the human error of the player, aside from seldom lag spikes that can affect both sides. The game is good and should remain this way with a few minor tweeks. I would like to see NH legend levels just cause I'd love some cool new things but more than willing to show a method to combat any issue you may have against 'spamming' survivors.

Yes, there are human errors, but the thing is, the human team of the PvP match just don't get punished this harsh for human errors. 

And yes, NH legend levels would be awesome, and hopefully adding stealth even.

Can't believe I'm entertaining both of you "removed" with comments but clearly you guys flat out suck if you still lose after the buffs Techland gave you "removed"... You don't deserve a video from me. I'll let you join my game and I'll let you decide if there's an imbalance or not. Go play CoD you "removed".

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Insulting other users.

Can't believe I'm entertaining both of you "removed" with comments but clearly you guys flat out suck if you still lose after the buffs Techland gave you scrubs... You don't deserve a video from me. I'll let you join my game and I'll let you decide if there's an imbalance or not. Go play CoD you "removed".

"removed" Mindless insults isn't going to get you anywhere, especially coming from an ignorance. If you call those 'buffs', then you might as well go play CoD yourself. And it isn't about us deserving a video or not, it's about if you want to prove your own words true or not. If you are unable to post a video, then you just admit talking Kurczak.

Edited by Chaos_Deception
Quoting Insults.