Hank J. Wimbleton

Issues And Suggestions In Btz

First off I just want to thank Techland for creating Dying Light as I have played so many hours on the game and it was not a game I was expecting to hold my interests.

Throughout my time playing Dying Light I have always enjoyed the PvP part where you face off against the Night Hunter. Fighting the Night Hunter and going for the nests felt really tense and fun. Although, they are some unfair tricks Hunter players do that give them an unfair advantage in a 1v1 standpoint. These abusive and unfair tricks need to be removed. Also some other suggestions and problems as well.

1: Using animations to trap Survivors – Yes this is still an issue as I have encountered this multiple times. Hunter players found ways to make sure you are always covered in spit and there is nothing you can do about it by using animations like pouncing and tackling. A way they implement this is by using UV shield, then UV spit followed by either a pounce or a tackle. This is set up makes sure that survivors cannot escape in any circumstance leading to unfair, quick deaths because we are trapped in an animation. They can even do it with the other spits as well. Also these uses of animations can also trap survivors trying to escape from the horde unfairly leading to death many times.

2: This trick is by doing a Ground Pound then immediately using spits after leading to 100% stuck spits every time. I know that missing Ground Pounds leads to death, but many hunters out there are able to land ground pounds just fine and the fact that this allows them to land spits every time because of how fast he recovers from landing a successful hit is really unfair. Taking the damage is not the problem; it is the ability to get stuck spits all the time that is the problem. The only way this miss if he is not quick enough or the landscape where the fighting is taking place is shaped differently from a flat surface, but even then it is still a great chance that the spit will stick.

There is also another trick that I would like to discuss because of how ridiculous and broken it is, but not many Hunters do it and I would like to see where this ability goes. Some Hunters use these unfair tricks, and the ability to do so still remains for many others, and those that do use these win unfairly. Even in 2v1s and above these tricks are hard to counter especially the ground pound plus spit combo. Ways these tricks can be fixed can be is to reset the timer when spits are near survivors during animations or just negate the spit entirely, or when they spit it has an even longer cooldown so it is guaranteed that they cannot pounce trap or tackle trap survivors. Same thing when they try to do this when the horde appears. The Ground Pound plus spit combo can be fixed by just not allow Hunters to spit after a successful Ground Pound for a certain amount of time.

Yet, there is also another problem. These tricks allowed Hunters to win much more. Without these Hunters remain to lose or rarely win. Which leads to this change that NEEDS to happen for Hunter.

HUNTERS NEED MORE COMBAT MOVES AND I MEAN MORE. Many of the Hunter's moves are just improvements or buffs to ones he already has. Examples of this are that Ground Pounds just gain more movement capabilities and tackle just gets more knockback. All of Hunter's moves; spits, tackle, ground pound, and pounce. These are the only moves that hunter can do and many people do not like how it leads to spam most of the time especially with ground pound. This also leads to no variations and seeing all of his moves for a very long time allowed survivors to known when and how Hunters strike because of specific cues Hunters do, and for survivors to attack at the right moments. In short, he just predictable and the only way to win mostly is if Hunters are using to glitches, exploits and cheap tricks. He needs more combat abilities to attack survivors with.

These are also other suggestions that I can think of. Take some of these with a grain of salt, but I would like to hear everyone's replies on these.

• Add more weapons to the reward system. All the time whenever Survivors win against the hunter the only gold weapons available are the Fantasy weapons. I have never seen a gold tier weapon that is a machete, baseball bat, safety blade, etc. and it is incredibly underwhelming. This even applies outside of BTZ/Invasions; the same fantasy gold weapons are found in police vans, on top of windmills, and water towers; no other gold weapons. People even took it upon themselves to make some of the regular weapons have a gold tier with special bonus effects that cannot be obtained at all even on guns (which have no effect). It would be nice to see all melee weapons legitimately in the game have gold tier variations plus even adding guns and throw-able weapons (grenades, shurakins, molotovs) to the rewards would be great, have gold tier variations as well them as well, and see them outside of Invasions/BTZ like in blue marked shops, or just looting around the map.
  • Hunter needs his own special rewards. All Night Hunters get for winning is just experience points. This is incredibly underwhelming as there is really not much in playing as the Hunter compared to Survivors. While being the Hunter is fun all this could provide more incentive to play more as a Hunter as it is just more rewards and experience points to Survivors. Some special weapons could be made and only obtained if playing as a Hunter.
  • PLEASE COMPLETELY REMOVE THE POP UP THAT APPEARS WHEN AN INVASION MATCH IS OVER. Almost every time a round is over that pop up constantly appears and even though we already decided if we want to continue or not it pops back up like every 15 times. Why was this even including when before we did not even need it. We could have just gone to the options menu decide ourselves if we want to continue having invasions. This also causes unfair deaths as Volatiles just spawn in out of nowhere and kill us making people lose all that experience to their legend rank.
  • Can Guns and Throw-able weapons have more of a boost? When killing the Night Hunter all there is just using melee weapons most of the time. Guns, Molotovs, grenades, and throwing stars are seen ever so rarely or at all and it would be nice they would have a nice buff. An example would be that Revolvers do the same as damage as the other pistols in Dying Light. When I think of a revolver I think of something very powerful, has a low clip size and a bit of a pain to reload. I do not want anything overpowered just some more creative ways or options to kill a Hunter if possible.
  • Can a Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle be added to the game………please?
  • Maybe a female playable character? It would be nice to see the opposite gender with many outfits like Kyle Crane. Also can the Tahir, Rais, Brecken, and Rahim outfits sound like the characters instead of Crane's voice and special quotes/dialogue as well.
  • Different skins for Hunters would be nice. If this is going to be a thing showing what mutation they are would be helpful. I do not know why that bar was removed.
  • I think Hunters should have their own Bounty system as well. Maybe do specific kills or tricks in order to gain experience faster or new skins?
  • When a Hunter's health is half or below the heart beating sounds very distracting and seeing becomes harder to see. This is way too soon for that to happen compared to when Crane gets below 25 health. I understand it is supposed to promote safety and caution, but it just becomes visually and audibly distracting.
  • FIX THE BOMBERS SUMMONED BY THE HORDE SPIT. The Bombers in Invasions/BTZ are still broken as they have been able to teleport across the map directly to the Survivors location instantly killing them, able to spawn on rooftops on top of buildings, and even able to climb at points. There have also been times where they go after Survivors who have not been stuck by horde spit and can go through walls and doors. Also fixing where they spawn would be nice rather than having them right next or near me with barely anytime to react.
  • Hunter's new respawn mechanic is unfair. I mentioned before that Hunter is predictable, but with this, this just shows desperation. Why should a Hunter gain more for losing and being inexperienced while Survivors get a longer respawn times, an extra nest and longer travel distance? The travel distance is not a problem, yet it is always the same nest locations all the time. An extra nest feels a tad mundane as to say “Oh your good so we will give you more problems to deal with.†Skilled Hunters can use this because their spits and UV shield recharge faster, and their energy is very hard to diminish. This is not a good way to implement for Hunters to have a “chance†as it is just giving more for being bad. When does someone get rewarded for being bad or losing? This leads to them either spamming spits and UV shields until they get lucky, or quickly gaining Spit Smash for a kill rather than waiting for the actual recharge time in 1v1s and so on. Even the instant respawn Hunters will have later in a match shows desperation. This is just lazy that this is implemented when before the Enhanced Edition they were some good Hunters. Rather than having skill and learning its just Hunters gaining more for being inexperienced.
  • A friend of mine recommended that Hunters should not be able to break free when Ground Pounding the Buggies all the time. This leads to them getting a free getaways all the time even when they do not even hit you. I do not how I feel about this so some comments would be nice about this.
  • New Hunters should not be starting off with absolutely nothing when mutating. Hunters are completely defenseless as all they have is pounce, claws, and a stand still ground pound. There is barely anything Hunters can do against Survivors with only this as he is very defenseless and makes it very difficult to even level up. Hunters should at least start off with a couple of things so he is not helpless.
  • Hunters should have one of every spit. The idea that horde and toxic spit shares one spit together, and the same with UV and Sense Suppressor has been around for a long time and worked. However, it leads to not much variety as many people opt for horde and UV most of the time, toxic being situational, and sense suppressor is not as good as the UV spit. Having all spits being used and not shared can lead to variety and more usage for toxic and suppressor. Maybe have the spits to have different charge times for balancing.
  • Remove the 15 second down time. Getting downed while playing with friends is pretty much the same thing as being dead. All it takes is one swipe from a Hunter's claws to kill a downed player leaving no time to actually save him compared to the 30 seconds that were given before.
  • Goons are problematic in many scenarios. They swing their rebars sometimes way to quickly to even react to, swing to even the tiniest of reactions, and are a big problem when a Hunter is near. You have to worry about two big problemsand them spawning on rooftops should not be a thing and the fact that more can spawn if you are winning or have four people is a problem. Goons should not be spawned in 1v1 and 2v1. Anything above is fine, but even putting them on roofs in all versus scenarios is dumb. Toads would make more sense to have on roofs.
  • Why can Hunters Pounce Survivors in a UV LIT SAFEHOUSE? I am in an area where I am completely safe from all zombies of any sort as they cannot chase me inside and makes volatiles run away. The Night Hunter can take massive amounts of damage for being in there, but the ability to pounce where the entire area is UV lit seems absolutely dumb even if he will die afterwards. There is a timer added in the game for a reason.
  • Fix the disappearing/reappearing zombies in Invasions/BTZ. When I am playing survivor trying to kill all the zombies so that they do not turn into virals or a goon incapacitates me often the just disappear then be replaced/reappear somewhere else. This just waste more time trying to clear the area. This even happens whenever I kill goons and they are about to fall on their backs because they are dead and then suddenly another reappears with the first body gone.

Overall these are most of the ideas I think should be added or important. I have many more ideas and things I wish to discuss, but I think adding this much is alright. I would like to hear everyone's comments about these ideas and share your opinion. Also a little update once in a while would be nice Techland to see what you are up to. Also this is my first time commenting as I am usually shy, but criticism is welcomed. 

2: This trick is by doing a Ground Pound then immediately using spits after leading to 100% stuck spits every time.

I don't have a ton of time to post, but you can actually dodge immediately after a GP and avoid the Spit. It's not 100%.

Humans don't even get knocked down by GP, which is odd enough as it is, but GP + Spit can be dodged. Just never backward-Dodge the moment you recover and you can sidestep it before it hits.

I don't have a ton of time to post, but you can actually dodge immediately after a GP and avoid the Spit. It's not 100%.

Humans don't even get knocked down by GP, which is odd enough as it is, but GP + Spit can be dodged. Just never backward-Dodge the moment you recover and you can sidestep it before it hits.

When a Hunter lands a successful GP you are suspended in the air for a short time with no way to maneuver yourself because of the knock-back animation, and since Hunters recover quickly from successful GPs he is able to move or spit much more quickly than Survivors can. I have tried my best to dodge it. It is almost impossible unless you get lucky or you are fighting on a hill or something and I never said that Humans get knocked down by Ground Pounds.  Also I forgot to mention that I play Dying Light on PC and I do not know if some things are different across all platforms.

When a Hunter lands a successful GP you are suspended in the air for a short time with no way to maneuver yourself because of the knock-back animation, and since Hunters recover quickly from successful GPs he is able to move or spit much more quickly than Survivors can. I have tried my best to dodge it. It is almost impossible unless you get lucky or you are fighting on a hill or something and I never said that Humans get knocked down by Ground Pounds.  Also I forgot to mention that I play Dying Light on PC and I do not know if some things are different across all platforms.

Fair enough, I'm on PS4 and it could very well be different. From my experience, even if I repeatedly hit my Spit button after GP'ing, it doesn't always result in a hit. I just wait for backwards Dodges - those are the NH's bread and butter!