skillfulstone

Please Save The Hunters Before They Are Gone...

who stated that there will be no further dlc in dying light? the ceo have said that they will still working dying light till the end of the year, meaning there will be a new content (dlc) in the future, the dev also said so in the interview when the following is released

and for me the country side is much better map for hunter than slums, as most of the nest are death trap for survivor, and you stopped using horde? with the instant spawn near your face and spawning in rooftop they are op now and buggy is also kind of death trap if you manage to spit them or turn them upside down with a GP

and you don't need solid object when you do a mid air GP, you just need to predict the survivor position, so even if they are dodging the GP will still land

Raceystorm, he created a thread called So what do we do now. In his first post he sez it was announced that no further content would be added. Just patches. I don't recall people saying this was incorrect.

I use acid spit about 80% of the time as it's reliable works better than a flare and turns the tables during hand to hand. I haven't played in the last two months so I maybe that's it? Survivors complain most games and I almost always then hear what happened to them or see it. I have hardly ever had the horde randomly spawn in my face as a survivor. They usually behind me, kinda forcing me to run away. If your not moving you should be meat. But then again I mostly play as hunter. So chances are I will not see this random spawning. On rooftops you say? That's hectic.

Using GP in the manner you described can become overwhelming and to most it will be considered spamming. Even tho GP is harder to execute and if failed imposes a harsh penalty. Unlike the survivors dodge.

What raceystorm probably talking is the BTZ, the main game will still receive new dlc till the end of the year, someone even post steam link of unreleased dlc (Hunter weapon pack) here http://forum.techland.pl/topic/12168-new-dlc/ but it got removed probably because it's not yet released

they fix the horde not spawning issue about 1 month ago, so yes thats probably why you didn't know about it, but that fix introduce the bug that cause horde to spawn on roof and sometime right in your face, i think someone posted a video about it here

GP Spam, Tackle Spam, use it all you can, if someone complain in game tell them to complain to techland since the game still allowed that to happen.

same as Medkit Spam, Flare Spam

Raceystorm, he created a thread called So what do we do now. In his first post he sez it was announced that no further content would be added. Just patches. I don't recall people saying this was incorrect.

I use acid spit about 80% of the time as it's reliable works better than a flare and turns the tables during hand to hand. I haven't played in the last two months so I maybe that's it? Survivors complain most games and I almost always then hear what happened to them or see it. I have hardly ever had the horde randomly spawn in my face as a survivor. They usually behind me, kinda forcing me to run away. If your not moving you should be meat. But then again I mostly play as hunter. So chances are I will not see this random spawning. On rooftops you say? That's hectic.

Using GP in the manner you described can become overwhelming and to most it will be considered spamming. Even tho GP is harder to execute and if failed imposes a harsh penalty. Unlike the survivors dodge.

I thought about something...

If nothing is changed to encourage an NH to actually play, a solution to solve the 1 death=1 nest and support NH would be to actually...not make every zombie in the map magically disappear (of course the Volatiles would leave, it would be too much). 

The NPC zombies would actually grant the NH an additional "life" because while the regular zombies or virals are not much of a threat, they distract. 

Example: 3v1 (good survivors and decent NH, no beginners).

They use the regular tactic "two humans hunt the NH while one destroy the nest". The lone human would be a bit slowed down because of zombies/virals blocking the path, sure he could easily avoid or kill them but each seconds counts and using guns/explosives would just make things worse by attracting virals and wasting ammo. The humans "chasing" would have to deal with stray zombies that could leave the NH a few seconds to actually get away, but not enough time to fight back and "cheap-kill" as the weak zombies could be dispatched swiftly. If the "hunters" are left 2 miles away dealing with a bunch of virals because they went crazy with guns/explosives in a OHK attempt, the NH has time to swing back to the nest to attack the Loner, the Human would still have his SS to magically see the NH at all time, but staring non-stop at the NH's location would leave him open for attacks if he merely just focus on 1 thing. Also during nests-destruction, the nests could potentially survive long enough so that the pathetic "1 life, 1 nest" rule could occasionaly be bypassed. As the "Hunters", if they did not take the time to dispatch the virals before running/grappling to the nest to help the Loner, could bring Virals to the nest or if they use explosives to OHK nests, distracting them for precious seconds but not in enough danger to risk death.

This scenario could play out multiple ways depending on a ridiculous amount of factors and the virals/zombies would be more or less resilient/strong depending on the number of humans, but this would balance things a little and make the game a tiny bit more like it was supposed/advertised to be played: Destroy the objective, NOT: Deathmatch 

Humans could not complain about possible nerfs as their SS, DFA and normal tactics would be intact and they would still wreck the NH in a straight-up fight. But the NH would not be completely alone and a missed GP would not be a death sentence every time if enough backup is present. That way the NH would not be forced to be insanely good and get his sensitivity maxed (making him appear, if the connexion is not the exact same quality on both sides, to be teleporting.) Resulting in MORE NH being reported for nothing and losing the ability or just want to play. Even "regular" NH could have fun and the Survivors that actually want a fun and entertaining game mode and not just a simple and easy way to get good weapons or easily humiliate people and record it could have actual fun, and could find more NH that would not quit after a few deaths/nests.

I thought about something...

If nothing is changed to encourage an NH to actually play, a solution to solve the 1 death=1 nest and support NH would be to actually...not make every zombie in the map magically disappear (of course the Volatiles would leave, it would be too much). 

The NPC zombies would actually grant the NH an additional "life" because while the regular zombies or virals are not much of a threat, they distract. 

Example: 3v1 (good survivors and decent NH, no beginners).

They use the regular tactic "two humans hunt the NH while one destroy the nest". The lone human would be a bit slowed down because of zombies/virals blocking the path, sure he could easily avoid or kill them but each seconds counts and using guns/explosives would just make things worse by attracting virals and wasting ammo. The humans "chasing" would have to deal with stray zombies that could leave the NH a few seconds to actually get away, but not enough time to fight back and "cheap-kill" as the weak zombies could be dispatched swiftly. If the "hunters" are left 2 miles away dealing with a bunch of virals because they went crazy with guns/explosives in a OHK attempt, the NH has time to swing back to the nest to attack the Loner, the Human would still have his SS to magically see the NH at all time, but staring non-stop at the NH's location would leave him open for attacks if he merely just focus on 1 thing. Also during nests-destruction, the nests could potentially survive long enough so that the pathetic "1 life, 1 nest" rule could occasionaly be bypassed. As the "Hunters", if they did not take the time to dispatch the virals before running/grappling to the nest to help the Loner, could bring Virals to the nest or if they use explosives to OHK nests, distracting them for precious seconds but not in enough danger to risk death.

This scenario could play out multiple ways depending on a ridiculous amount of factors and the virals/zombies would be more or less resilient/strong depending on the number of humans, but this would balance things a little and make the game a tiny bit more like it was supposed/advertised to be played: Destroy the objective, NOT: Deathmatch 

Humans could not complain about possible nerfs as their SS, DFA and normal tactics would be intact and they would still wreck the NH in a straight-up fight. But the NH would not be completely alone and a missed GP would not be a death sentence every time if enough backup is present. That way the NH would not be forced to be insanely good and get his sensitivity maxed (making him appear, if the connexion is not the exact same quality on both sides, to be teleporting.) Resulting in MORE NH being reported for nothing and losing the ability or just want to play. Even "regular" NH could have fun and the Survivors that actually want a fun and entertaining game mode and not just a simple and easy way to get good weapons or easily humiliate people and record it could have actual fun, and could find more NH that would not quit after a few deaths/nests.

Great post dude, I play with mods and find super aggressive zombies is very rewarding. I haven't tried playing online with that certain profile as I'm not a very coordinated gamer, adding a hunter no matter how useless will still pose a serious threat. It would be great to be host and be able to set zombies to super aggressive while incoming gamers are notified of this and rewarded for joining and ultimately winning in a "Super Aggressive" match. This would be stated in the lobby, usually where you would see another hunter has joined the game.

Sure these games would be rare and thus many hunters will try to invade the same game but this could be controlled with the added option of choosing what level hunters you want invading your game and the higher level they are the bigger the reward, however there should only be three major levels to choose from like mutation 1, mutation 2 and mutation 3. You wouldn't be denied joining a game due to your level as that game wouldn't be an option, you would only see games that have chosen your level. This would open up doors for the hunter without having to mess with the lobby system.

Just fun ideas, I know they won't be taken seriously by the developers and that many members on this forum can poke holes in every point but hey, a zombie can dream can't he!?!

I love this game and this mode even though it's broken. I don't want this game mode to die because endgame players can't handle Hunters having to use the same attack often to have a chance to kill them...  

This entire thread and moreover the entire forum is wrong; the NH is perfectly balanced with the human survivor. - The Tobacco Industry    

I can see where you're coming from, but think about it this way:

• Less buildings? Less DFAs. I so rarely get DFA'd in the Countryside because there simply aren't that many places for it to happen.
  • Big, open areas? Perfect for the Horde Spit!
  • The idea that Humans will naturally spam Dodge backward to avoid your GP is one of the Hunter's best mind-games. Run in with the UV Block, lift up your arms for a GP, then wait until they Dodge backwards to cancel the GP and slap a Horde Spit on them. Can't Dodge while Dodging, and a backward Dodge is the best time to fire a sure-stick Spit.

In the Countryside, never just wait at the Nests. If Humans aren't using buggies, you can attack them and die, if needed, 2-3 times before they even get close to the Nest. Hunters have infinite lives, and you should never be afraid to die a few times to get a feel for the opponent, especially at the beginning of a match.

Buggies are easy to Spit. Just hit'em with Horde Spit and then Grapple to keep them distracted.

Dr P is on the money here - you gotta play smart and use the surroundings to your advantage. I too face the same problems as skillfulstone (who started the thread) and I often come across players that are too damn slippery to kill / hit with a spit / spam dodge etc and find myself losing games easily. But there's no rules against spamming - and hey, if it works for you, why not use it? I totally understand why a survivor would throw a zillion flares (annoying as that is). It's frustrating, along with dodge spamming survivors, DFA and OHKs - but It's only when I try to adapt my play and play smarter that I find myself winning / doing better in games. I'm only a level 42 Apex Predator and sometimes I do well against Ultimate Survivors and their brethren, but only when I play smart.